Soldier Who Grew Up In Shelton Killed...

Soldier Who Grew Up In Shelton Killed In Iraq

There are 10 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Sep 25, 2008, titled Soldier Who Grew Up In Shelton Killed In Iraq. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

An Army officer who grew up in Shelton was killed in Iraq on Tuesday after the patrol he was leading came under small arms fire.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Bolo

Orange, CT

#1 Sep 25, 2008
Mrs. Brown my personal condolence for the loss of your son. Just think how much better off this world would be if we had more people like your son Lt. Brown. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Jerry
tony

United States

#2 Sep 25, 2008
When I was in VN in the 70's they would take you out of harms way when you had a short time left on your tour. It just tears my heart out when you read that he was due home in 20 days. My prayers are with your family also.
Grateful and Humble

Enfield, CT

#3 Sep 25, 2008
Thank You Lt.

It doesn't matter where or when or why. My family is humbled by your sacrefice. We knew you not. But will honor you by living free and productive lives never forgetting for one moment why we are able.

"Where do we find such young men"
CTres

Santa Monica, CA

#5 Sep 25, 2008
Rest in peace.
Jamie M

United States

#6 Sep 25, 2008
Trollinginconnecticut wrote:
God rest and God speed
Amen, Rest In Peace and Godspeed.

It's something that a society can produce so many fine young people who believe in serving something greater than themselves.

God bless and watch over this family...
WFV

AOL

#7 Sep 25, 2008
My deepest condolences to the family of this fine soldier.
A Grateful American

West Hartford, CT

#8 Sep 25, 2008
My condolences to the Brown family, may the good lieutenant rest in peace.
Virginia Mom

AOL

#9 Sep 25, 2008
My heart aches for you and your family
Mrs. Brown, I will keep all of you in my prayers. My son is in Iraq and I pray everyday for God to watch over my son and ALL MILITARY and All personnel in the Middle East and all over America. He is my only son and he is very proud to be there also.
Many years ago , an older sweet grandmother in the Appalachian Mountains told me that GOD only loans us our children and he can take them back at any time. HE is now an angel.
I will pray for GOD to take you through one day at a time and to watch over you and your family.
GOD BLESS We are very proud of your son and all of our wonderful brave
soldiers.

Semper Fi
Mav

Naperville, IL

#10 Sep 25, 2008
Thank you for your service Lt.

God Bless his Family.
American Legion Auxiliary

Pleasanton, CA

#12 Sep 26, 2008
Thank you First Lt Brown and thank you to the Brown family.

As for you Manchester, you are a liar. Our military in Connecticut are well respected and honored. Go back under whatever rock you crawled from.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
charles manson and annette marion w/military al... (Jun '17) Feb '18 Poopydoo 3
Springfield Music Thread (Apr '14) Feb '18 Mandingo indian 8
nra Feb '18 Mandingo indian 2
News Virginia officials charged in snow-clearing bri... (Sep '17) Oct '17 WCB 3
Found missing laptop (Nov '16) Nov '16 BurkeVA 1
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) Aug '16 Scotty Steiner 3
Debate: Marijuana - Burke, VA (Aug '10) Mar '16 Dan Mickelson 3

Burke Jobs

Personal Finance

Burke Mortgages