Morgan Harrington Murder: Virginia state police tie Fairfax assault...

Full story: WTVR

Police say suspect in 2005 Fairfax crime is linked to Harrington's death. Misti Davidson Senior Producer July 1, 2010 Virginia State Police have released of a composite sketch of the man they believe may have been involved in the disappearance and murder of 20-year-old Morgan Harrington.
Comments
1 - 20 of 1,094 Comments Last updated Apr 23, 2014
First Prev
of 55
Next Last

“Common sense aint that common.”

Since: Jan 10

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 1, 2010
 

Judged:

33

27

22

I can't believe it, we're finally gtting somewhere on Morgan's killer. Thank goodness for the diligence of those working the case. It's only a matter of time before he's caught!
Nostalgia

Huntingtown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 1, 2010
 

Judged:

19

18

8

Excellent! Go find him.
Gail

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 1, 2010
 

Judged:

29

21

18

Who ever Killed Morgan you need to TURN YOURSELF IN. It's only a MATTER OF TIME. YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE. THEY WILL FIND YOU. WHEN THEY DO GOD help YOU. You did the crime now it's time to do the TIME.
I hope they find the person before he strikes again.
margaret

Ruther Glen, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 1, 2010
 

Judged:

26

24

21

I pray you find him before he finds another victim. Keep looking!
Captain Obvious

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 1, 2010
 

Judged:

8

6

4

The previously gabby "psychics" leeching publicity off this case now fall silent. LOL
history buff

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 1, 2010
 

Judged:

21

17

15

It gives hope,that there was DNA evidence but this beast still isn't caught yet.The worst thing about it is that people that do these things usually can't stop,so they eventually DO get caught.
My hope is that this beast's DNA is in some database somewhere,and he can be stopped before he hurts or kills someone else.Hopefully now that a link and the serial nature of these crimes has been found,the FBI and national law enforcement will get involved.
TLD

Dumfries, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 1, 2010
 

Judged:

15

11

11

Start with inmates who were in prison from 2005 up until Ms Harrington's murder. They rarely can go five years with out assaulting another victim. He was probably out less than a week when he repeated his sick MO. I only think this because I watch a lot of CBS's 48 Hours, NBC's Dateline, and CSI. LOL.
Sammy

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 1, 2010
 

Judged:

7

7

7

TLD wrote:
Start with inmates who were in prison from 2005 up until Ms Harrington's murder. They rarely can go five years with out assaulting another victim. He was probably out less than a week when he repeated his sick MO. I only think this because I watch a lot of CBS's 48 Hours, NBC's Dateline, and CSI. LOL.
All inmates convicted of a felony have given DNA and it is on record. This has been in effect since the late 80's. I have no idea what the back log is on processing it.

Glad they are still working hard on this. Hope they get the break they need.
SirRantsAlot

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 1, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>
All inmates convicted of a felony have given DNA and it is on record. This has been in effect since the late 80's. I have no idea what the back log is on processing it.
Glad they are still working hard on this. Hope they get the break they need.
Close, but no... if you are "charged" with a felony, they take a DNA sample from you. In this case however, obviously this guy hasn't been charged or convicted of anything. Otherwise we would be reading a different headline.

Clearly they have a DNA match from both crime scenes without a suspect.

As the previous poster suggested, either he's been in prison for awhile, or he just hasn't been caught yet, which would mean there are likely other victims.
who dat

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 1, 2010
 

Judged:

17

17

17

Let street justice prevail! The beast should be hanged.... By his feet and then his wrists need to be cut. Leave him there until he starts to stink up the place. That is justice to a sub human animal like the one in question.
Joe

Palmyra, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 2, 2010
 

Judged:

10

8

5

Well well, so that blows the psychics story out of the water. That guy was probably a drug dealer that Morgan arranged to meet and score some "goodies" from. It's a known fact meeting with drug dealers can be dangerous. Risky behavior can turn into tragedy.
Sammy

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 2, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

2

SirRantsAlot wrote:
<quoted text>
Close, but no... if you are "charged" with a felony, they take a DNA sample from you. In this case however, obviously this guy hasn't been charged or convicted of anything. Otherwise we would be reading a different headline.
Clearly they have a DNA match from both crime scenes without a suspect.
As the previous poster suggested, either he's been in prison for awhile, or he just hasn't been caught yet, which would mean there are likely other victims.
Not even close, DNA is from any living cell. The DNA does not have to be the perps. It could be cat, dog, or any other living creature hair, skin, etc. This guy is definately a sicko so no telling what DNA match or similarity they have. Hopefully they have his DNA so they can put him away when caught.
bill

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 2, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

2

suspect looks like a guy on mysace called bigbrownjerk
Mort

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 2, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

2

I think the police still don;t have a clue.
Real Change

Mount Wolf, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 2, 2010
 

Judged:

6

5

5

sketch looks like a monkey
Real Change

Mount Wolf, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 2, 2010
 

Judged:

5

5

4

monnkeey
history buff

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 2, 2010
 

Judged:

13

13

11

Joe wrote:
Well well, so that blows the psychics story out of the water. That guy was probably a drug dealer that Morgan arranged to meet and score some "goodies" from. It's a known fact meeting with drug dealers can be dangerous. Risky behavior can turn into tragedy.
Wow,what a mean-spirited post.I don't know where you come off with this stuff.You're probably like the rest of us,and only know what you've read in the news about this girl.Why would you say something like that?Are you saying she deserved to be raped and murdered?
It's obvious this young woman made a mistake of some sort,but speaking ill of someone that lost their life for that mistake is just wrong!

“Common sense aint that common.”

Since: Jan 10

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 2, 2010
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Real Change wrote:
monnkeey
I was thinking more like a black Paul Bunyan
AICBond

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 2, 2010
 

Judged:

23

16

16

At first I went along with everything I heard about Morgan's case and the rape being connected.
As I thought more about it, I wondered if the black man did in fact rape the first victim, and someone knew about it, and decided to get DNA evidence from him and plant it on the shirt, which was placed in a location which would be sure to be found.(we, the public do not know where the DNA came from, ie the shirt)
This way a white guy could be responsible for Morgan's murder and get away with it by planting evidence (obtained from a condom, etc.) of the black guy. JMO. Really, just a thought. I am sure if this is the case, ie that the DNA did come from the "found" shirt, then LE certainly has thought of that angle, and perhaps this is why they did not come forth with the "story" till now.
Perhaps the CIA(or other military personelle, trained by the CIA) could have planted the shirt themselves, to throw the suspicion away from them.

“Common sense aint that common.”

Since: Jan 10

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 2, 2010
 

Judged:

5

4

4

bill wrote:
suspect looks like a guy on mysace called bigbrownjerk
Yeah, but he looks like a soldier overseas.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 55
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Burke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teaparty Taliban Meeting and Grab Dance Aug 7 TeapartyTaliban T... 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug 1 Time Flys 2,546
Fairfax board rejects extension of controversia... Jul 30 Anonymous 2
Fairfax County seeks ways to address overcrowde... Jul 29 developer 1
Review: ABC Kiddie College (Mar '10) Jul 28 Be Cautious 23
Melissa Brennan (Aug '06) Jul 23 Kelly 83
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356

Search the Burke Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Burke Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Burke People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Burke News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Burke
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••