Where exactly did Caleb Hughes live?
Woodside Apts.
Kelly

Smyrna, DE

#88 Jul 23, 2014
Dawn wrote:
<quoted text>
Woodside Apts.
No he did not live in Woodside Apt, he lived up the road near the shopping center that used to have Safeway, and he lived in a townhouse
sheila

Lawton, OK

#89 Dec 4, 2014
TraciRae71 wrote:
I just can not get over this not even from the start I fill very sad for millisa and her family as I do for caleb the thing is in the 80s I spent some time in foster care in blacksburg va where I met caleb and his brother john and truth is he was a great big brother to me and I can not imagine him bringing harm to any small child he was such a caring guy always there when I needed a friend and never did anything to be considered violent or untrustworthy it just boggles my mind
I think you have the wrong Caleb Hughes. He only had one brother named Scott. Who died in 1986. Scott and his wife at the time was killed and left in a ditch. Found years later by construction workers. I knew both of them very well. I have no idea if Caleb took Melissa yes I have asked him before and he still maintains his innocents. Do I believe he did.... I don't know. But I was told that her father in Texas took Melissa. I hope they find her and return her back where she belongs. I have kids of my own and can not bare to think of losing them. But I pray every day that she is found alive and can be reunited with her family like Jaycee Dugard who was missing for 18 years. I have no contact with Caleb anymore because of the doubt and not knowing.
kevin j toohig

Phoenixville, PA

#90 Dec 4, 2014
Never give up on melissa
lost

United States

#91 Feb 3, 2015
Alexis wrote:
What was his sons name and the mother of the sons name?
who is Melissa's father???does anyone know???
lost

United States

#92 Feb 3, 2015
did Melissa. have any other scars or birth marks that could help her identify herself after so many years??
Tom

Poolesville, MD

#93 Feb 8, 2015
Janice wrote:
<quoted text>He did not do it.
You fool. Who did do it then?
Tom

Poolesville, MD

#94 Feb 8, 2015
sheila wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have the wrong Caleb Hughes. He only had one brother named Scott. Who died in 1986. Scott and his wife at the time was killed and left in a ditch. Found years later by construction workers. I knew both of them very well. I have no idea if Caleb took Melissa yes I have asked him before and he still maintains his innocents. Do I believe he did.... I don't know. But I was told that her father in Texas took Melissa. I hope they find her and return her back where she belongs. I have kids of my own and can not bare to think of losing them. But I pray every day that she is found alive and can be reunited with her family like Jaycee Dugard who was missing for 18 years. I have no contact with Caleb anymore because of the doubt and not knowing.
You were told wrong. Her father was hundreds of miles away when the girl was kidnapped. That was verified.
kevin

Worcester, MA

#95 Feb 9, 2015
Apple Blossom wrote:
THe case was shown in one episode of Forensic Files, I cannot recall the name of the killer. Hope it helps
His last name is huges
Tony

Littleton, CO

#96 Feb 1, 2016
Linda MT wrote:
Tammy Brannen worked for me part-time in a jewelry store in Springfield Mall in Virginia. She had a full time job with the government. She was divorced at the time from Melissa's father who lived in I think Texas or Arkansas. I believe he was a manager of a mall toy store, like KB toys. I think they had a decent divorce relationship. Although Tammy had her own apartment, she was close to her parents who often watched Melissa. What I remember most was that sometimes on her breaks at work she would shop for Melissa. She would show us her finds. Often from Sears where the Sesame Street outfit she was wearing when abducted came from and ultimately sent the man to jail because of fabric samples found in his car. I think before the trial, he was out on bail and Tammy ran into him at Potomac Mills. I cannot remember if there was a confrontation. I left my job to have a baby and I'll never forget the day when tv stations starting breaking the news. I have been an overprotective Mom ever since to the great dismay of my kids. Several weeks after Melissa's disapearance I attended a baby shower for one of our co-workers and Tammy was there. It was so heartbreaking. At the time, Tammy truly believed Melissa would be found. I pray for Tammy and her family and hope a miracle will happen.
-
The outfit was from JC Penney not Sears. It was purchased by the grandmother. They were able to identify the fibers only because JC Penney had patented the special Blue dye. The case was on Forensic Files show and they explained how the grandmother couldn't remember where it was purchased. The forensic scientist's wife found an old JC Penney catalogue that she remembered seeing something like it. It was a real needle in the haystack find because they had no idea at that time where it was purchased. The fact that JC Penney was the only store to use that specific color dye made the entire case. That and the small fibers from the furry coat her mother wore that had transferred fibers into the car as well from the daughter having worn it shortly before she was last seen.
-
I remember seeing all the signs when she went missing. It was really sad. I was glad when they captured that pervert.
Tony

Littleton, CO

#97 Feb 1, 2016
ATWoodbridge wrote:
I just read that Caleb Huges could be released in 2010! Does anyone know if that is true?
-
No, that is not true. He came up for parole in 2013 and they denied it as they should. He's a violent criminal with a criminal history. He'll probably serve all 50 years of the original sentence.
-
Tiffany

Wilmington, MA

#98 Apr 17, 2016
crital wrote:
look at Tiffany williams on facebook she is the Alexis girl! Her and melissa look so much alike right down to the lazy eye and the update pic of melissa looks like Tiffany
I'm now under TigBits Williams and Tammy knows I'm Melissa, I just don't understand why she won't do a DNA test. That it ALL I WANT!
Jenn

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#100 May 6, 2016
I just watched the episode, so sad, and it was on FBI files, not forensic files. I watched it on the xfinity app I believe. They have many episodes on there and melissas is one of them. Hope this helps
Jenn

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#101 May 6, 2016
Sorry, not xfinity, you can find the episode on the netfix app...
P0izenedivy

Orlando, FL

#102 Jun 8, 2016
DMTML wrote:
<quoted text>

How about a DNA test? Time to have Alexis close this out for so many suffering. Have strength!!
I know these posts are from 2008-09 and it's now 2016 but my comment is that from what I read on the googled searched Facebook page, it's said that Alexis is waiting on the detective to look at the pictures that she has to determine if she is Melissa or if it's Caleb. Why did they have to wait on that to determine something. Why if she wanted to have closure didn't she just take a DNA test and sent it to the FBI to have quicker results for not only herself but Melissa's family. I trust that everything happens for a reason but when there are reasons in life to better a situation, then what better reason to trust in the lord and do what is right.
sam

Lasalle, Canada

#103 Jun 18, 2016
Actually, the fbi fles also did a story about the case. Brannan is her mother''s maiden name. She has since remarried , helped raise her stepchildren and moved on the best she could. However she has kept the same phone number for that one important call.
caleb hugues received the maximum for abduction which is 50 years.
Becky Cepolski

United States

#104 Jun 20, 2016
Jayme wrote:
I am Melissa's one of maternal cousins and I would like to talk to any of you. Her great-grandmother was my grandfather's sister, who raised my mom. My aunt is elderly and I do not dare dredge up questions of Melissa and open old wounds to anyone in the family, so I decided to reesearch online, and happened upon this site. These posts were only 13 hours ago? That's so odd to me because it's been on my mind these past few days after all those years.
There used to be an age-progression photo of her online and I want to see it. Does anyone know where that may be? I haven't watched the show since I was a child. I remember all the tabloids with Melissa's picture, and a spread in Woman's World. I'll never forget that I had rainbow colored kneesocks the morning Mom checked me out of school and told me. I was a few years older than her, just old enough to understand the fear in everyone's hearts.
Melissa had been in Arkansas with us only a few weeks before, and the video footage they used on all the channels was her singing 'Jesus Loves Me' to us at Aunt Edna's house.
I haven't seen it since I was a kid. I thought it was called FBI Files and watch the infos for it often to see if I could find it. It was Forensic files? How might I obtain a copy or see it?
I also wonder when his parole is coming up.
I invite all of you to visit my page at www.myspace.com/chucksgirl4ever and send me a message. Thanks!
I just saw this on forensic files and it was called innocence lost. Not sure if that's helpful or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good hair salon Jul 12 Searching 1
Tim Kaine = NWO CRIMINAL Jul 12 nah 3
face sitting, smothering, humiliation, lovers...! (Jun '11) Jul 8 Anonymous 11
Fairfax Music Thread (Dec '13) Jun '16 Musikologist 9
Debate: Marijuana - Burke, VA (Aug '10) Mar '16 Dan Mickelson 3
Skype mistress needed (Jun '15) Jun '15 Cradybrady21 1
Skype Wedgie dares :) (Jun '15) Jun '15 Cradybrady21 1

Burke Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance