Melissa Brennan

Paragould, AR

#43 Nov 4, 2010
http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/cms/story.php...

this is on the remains found in july, not her
wow

Columbus, OH

#44 Nov 5, 2010
My heart goes out to her family.
curious

United States

#45 Nov 5, 2010
was anybody ever arrested for this?

Paragould, AR

#46 Nov 11, 2010
yes, he was jailed. she was never found. he won't tell family where she is
Elaine

AOL

#47 Nov 24, 2010
I lived about a mile away from the place Melissa disappeared from and I was pregnant with my first child at the time of her disappearance. My heart went out to the entire family at that time, and all these years I have never forgotten to include them in my thoughts. I still see in my minds eye that sweet little face seen on the TV. I pass by where she used to live every day and I could feel my very soul shudder. I pray there will be an answer to this one day. She is not forgotten even by those that did not have the pleasure of knowing her.
kevin j toohig

New York, NY

#48 Nov 26, 2010
Helene Janzen wrote:
can anyone of you tell me , where i can watch this video from Melissa? Because i am very interested in this girls destiny.
Thankyou very much
the fbi file's melissa brannen missing
i found it on youtube i never met her or her family but i named
my cat after her
Beverly Cook

Catonsville, MD

#49 Dec 2, 2010
I so remember this case, this case more than any other, for me, was heartbreaking...my daughter was born in 1984 as well....I still think of her so often and her family....One day we will understand....
Rachel

Ann Arbor, MI

#50 Dec 4, 2010
I lived next door to Melissa's grandparents when this happened. December 4th is burned into my memory as the day we learned of her disappearance. That is why I am online today remembering her and found these posts. Melissa was a sweet girl. I'll never forget her coming over to my house to play with me and my dog. I would happily throw the switch on this guy and any other child preditor out there for what they take away from children and their families!
Jayme wrote:
I am Melissa's one of maternal cousins and I would like to talk to any of you. Her great-grandmother was my grandfather's sister, who raised my mom. My aunt is elderly and I do not dare dredge up questions of Melissa and open old wounds to anyone in the family, so I decided to reesearch online, and happened upon this site. These posts were only 13 hours ago? That's so odd to me because it's been on my mind these past few days after all those years.
There used to be an age-progression photo of her online and I want to see it. Does anyone know where that may be? I haven't watched the show since I was a child. I remember all the tabloids with Melissa's picture, and a spread in Woman's World. I'll never forget that I had rainbow colored kneesocks the morning Mom checked me out of school and told me. I was a few years older than her, just old enough to understand the fear in everyone's hearts.
Melissa had been in Arkansas with us only a few weeks before, and the video footage they used on all the channels was her singing 'Jesus Loves Me' to us at Aunt Edna's house.
I haven't seen it since I was a kid. I thought it was called FBI Files and watch the infos for it often to see if I could find it. It was Forensic files? How might I obtain a copy or see it?
I also wonder when his parole is coming up.
I invite all of you to visit my page at www.myspace.com/chucksgirl4ever and send me a message. Thanks!
unknown

Radford, VA

#51 Dec 28, 2010
I was a Correctional officer who watched over Hughes for a while till last week .
Dawn

Phenix City, AL

#52 Dec 29, 2010
**I was a Correctional officer who watched over Hughes for a while till last week .**

He has never admitted to killing her. Since you have watched over him has he ever said anything about Melissa?
FactFinder

Woodbridge, VA

#53 Mar 4, 2011
"You use to hanging out with a few maintenance men there" when you were 7 years old? Caleb Hughes had only worked there only a few weeks or so when Melissa went missing. I hope she is found alive.
Dawn wrote:
I am 29 years old now and i lived in those apts and went to Guston Elem. and its crazy because me and my cousin by marriage use to hang out with a few of the maintenance men there. I look at the accusers pictures but I dont remember him. I know there are several missing kids but Melissa sticks with me because I lived there i use to go in that office swim in that pool hang out with then guys watching them work. I check for updates on her has at least once a month hoping they find her to give her mothers soul a rest. I pray she is found. Even if she is not alive at least her family will have answers. I pray she is alive. I also seen this post about this girl Alexis who thinks she might be Melissa.. is that a hoax or something? if so i cant post my thoughts but i am sure you know what I want to say.
Lori

United States

#54 Sep 16, 2011
I was there that day at my cousins birthday party can't remember her name either. Did you ever figure it out?
Frank wrote:
If some of you remember that sad case, I wonder if you remember one that happened a year or two before. I remember there was a young girl I think named Rose? Rosie? who disappeared in Burke while riding her bicycle. I think they may have eventually found her bike but never her. I wondered at the time if the two cases were related.
I remember lots of neighbors put up rose-colored ribbons hoping for her return.
These cases are so sad.
Toe Heads Mom

AOL

#55 Nov 7, 2011
John D wrote:
I'll never forget this. I was a young assisstant manager for the Jamesway corp. Jamesway was located almost directly across from the apt. complex.
We were expecting our first child at the time and we were very disturbed. A couple of my associates lived there and I was living in Woodbridge.
I'll never forget it. My personal feeling was simply that not enough was done to find her, but that's a typical feeling of a parent. I still think about this from time to time and what else could have been done to locate her. It just seems as though if it were the guy they convicted that more evidence of her would have been found. It would be so wonderful if this could finally be put to rest. I almost lost that child that we were expecting years later to a horrible disease at the young age of 11 and even though he is doing well now at 19, my heart never still hurts for Tammy and her family because it hurt so bad to imagine losing Kenny.
If God has taken her back, I'm sure she has a special place in Jesus' Kingdom.
I too remember this happening just as John D stated because I worked with him at the Jamesway and lived in the apartment complex. All apartments were searched that night and we mothers took turns watching the kids while the other parents went out searching. I hope your son Kenny is doing well John D.
Tiffany

Jay, ME

#56 Dec 8, 2011
Sent Tammy my DNA 6 weeks ago still no response.
Tiffany

Jay, ME

#57 Dec 8, 2011
Sent Tammy my DNA 6 weeks ago still no resonse.
kehkot

Douglasville, GA

#58 Dec 8, 2011
Tiffany wrote:
Sent Tammy my DNA 6 weeks ago still no response.
Strange- I just learned about this case and Googled it and came across this thread 5 or so hours after your reply, Tiffany. I believe I found your facebook page as well. Was your DNA compared to your mother's?
kehkot

Douglasville, GA

#59 Dec 8, 2011
And by "your mother" I mean the one who raised you, not Tammy.
Tiffany

South Thomaston, ME

#60 Dec 13, 2011
Yes did a DNA with Bonnie Came back 1 in 600. Nothing matters any more i will have the truth within the month i hope. I found some very high up people who have her DNA and are sending me a swab to compare hers to mine,if it does not match it will run threw their data base and may find who i really am but im pretty sure it will all be OK just want this all to go away after the truth.
kissablecandy84
#61 Dec 17, 2011
i have foolowed this case since it 1st happened. i live in southwest va & had a 2 month old child when this happened. i pray 4 this family. did the mother ever have any more kids af melissa went missing? i have also watched several shows hilighting this case. you can also watch on youtube.com .
Dawn

United States

#62 Dec 22, 2011
Tiffany, do you believe you are Melissa? Do you recall your childhoodd? Any baby pictures?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Capital Group Real Estate Inc (Jun '09) 18 hr househunter 19
News Hanukkah With the Jews for Jesus (Mar '15) Dec 5 Greed is Capitalism 41
Found missing laptop Nov 24 BurkeVA 1
Benghazi and Virginia Nov '16 Benghazi and Virg... 1
Lorton Music Thread (Aug '15) Nov '16 Musikologist 2
Trump for President, He will win. watch Aug '16 Scotty Steiner 3
Debate: Marijuana - Burke, VA (Aug '10) Mar '16 Dan Mickelson 3

Burke Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance