truckers wife

United States

#1 May 14, 2012
We were thinking of moving to burkeburnett from virginia and was wanting some advice about how life is there. My daughters 11 and we have five dogs. Hubbys a truckdriver and i will be finishing my masters degree before moving.
Why

United States

#2 May 22, 2012
Why are you moving to this area? If the answer isn't for necessity, I wouldn't. People here are ignorant and like it that way. Education for kids is a joke (area in general, not necessarily Burk in particular) and football is more important than breathing. If you're finishing your masters and your husband is a truck driver, it seems that you could find opportunities in other areas of the country where you wouldn't be as miserable. It is 112 degrees here in the summer and about 20-30 in the winter. Be sure to check the city code regarding number of animals allowed as well. I have a friend who has been dealing with the uber-friendly animal control guy in Burk and it looks like she's having a blast with that. There is nothing to do here for kids unless you want to go to the over-priced waterpark. Dallas is 2 hours away so at least you can see some culture if you escape. Good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burkburnett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flood Street. Night life in the Falls Jan 17 ace of spades 1
News Inmates stage hunger strike at Allred Unit Jan 8 Mrs Concerned 2
Karat Bar & Bistro Dec '17 Old News 3
Mobbing Dec '17 yep 2
Looking For Mystery Shoppers! Dec '17 Uncle Tom 3
Donald Kenyon (Jan '11) Dec '17 SUFFER YOU BASTARD 50
A dderall and Other opiates (Jun '17) Nov '17 anoynmos 2

Burkburnett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance