Drug Task Force Decisions

Drug Task Force Decisions

There are 32 comments on the KAUZ story from Feb 1, 2007, titled Drug Task Force Decisions. In it, KAUZ reports that:

The deadline for the entities covered by the North Texas Drug Task Force came about an hour ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAUZ.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Burnett

United States

#1 Feb 3, 2007
Im glad to see they got funding.
tammy

AOL

#2 Feb 11, 2007
it is still up in the air about the funding. so now what are they gonna do find another parolee to say is manufacturing
Richard

Bulverde, TX

#3 Feb 11, 2007
Fools on fool's errands.
tammy

AOL

#4 Feb 12, 2007
Richard wrote:
Fools on fool's errands.
what does that phrase mean?
MJM

Fort Worth, TX

#5 Feb 12, 2007
tammy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll explain it to you when I stop laughing.
suzyQ

Henderson, TX

#6 Feb 13, 2007
the so called war on drugs is a joke, until we secure our southern border drugs will pour into this country , it cannot be stopped, there is just too much money involved. money being the magic word. look at the mess in southern texas with the border patrol agents that are now in prison. no doubt someone in the govt. was in on something. but it will never be known, the govt. will cover it up themselves if found out to save themselves for not being politcally correct. greed is a great motivator.
Concerned Citizen

Powderly, TX

#8 Feb 14, 2007
tammy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the same as saying they are fighting a losing battle.
Concerned Citizen

Powderly, TX

#9 Feb 14, 2007
I have but one more thing to say to everyone slamming the people of Bowie who were so mistreated by the S.O, the Drug Task Force and everyone else talking about it.
"REMEMBER TULIA TEXAS IN 1999, LOOK AGAIN TO TULIA TEXAS IN 2003."
Now tell me they were just doing their JOB !!!!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#10 Feb 14, 2007
suzyQ wrote:
the so called war on drugs is a joke, until we secure our southern border drugs will pour into this country , it cannot be stopped, there is just too much money involved. money being the magic word. look at the mess in southern texas with the border patrol agents that are now in prison. no doubt someone in the govt. was in on something. but it will never be known, the govt. will cover it up themselves if found out to save themselves for not being politcally correct. greed is a great motivator.
The "War On Drugs" IS so full of corruption that any fool can see WHY drugs keep deystroying OUR children ,and our communities ......http://www.narconews.com /Issue39/article1503.html
tired of judgement

AOL

#11 Feb 16, 2007
the deadline came and went but they are still trying to get the monies needed to keep in force. thought that was what a deadline was all about.

want to teach our children about life. some teaching, keep changing things for your benefit

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#12 Feb 16, 2007
The amount each applicant supposedly MIGHT get is less than 20 thousand dollars right ?That won't even maintain the up keep of a good drug dog hardly.

“the baby who would be king!!!!”

Since: Jan 07

fort worth

#13 Feb 16, 2007
Joyce wrote:
<quoted text>The "War On Drugs" IS so full of corruption that any fool can see WHY drugs keep deystroying OUR children ,and our communities ......http://www.narconews.com /Issue39/article1503.html
the reason drugs are destroying children and communities is because the citizenry has relegated all authority to the government instead of taking charge of teaching their children and themselves to avoid drugs that cause harm and how to defend themselves and their community

stop depending on the government ! take care of yourselves and each other !
an honest christian-bowie

AOL

#14 Feb 22, 2007
scuter pie wrote:
<quoted text>
the reason drugs are destroying children and communities is because the citizenry has relegated all authority to the government instead of taking charge of teaching their children and themselves to avoid drugs that cause harm and how to defend themselves and their community
stop depending on the government ! take care of yourselves and each other !
the reason people do not teach their children the way we were tought by our parents is because the state has decided that we do not teach them right instead we abuse them so they took the right away to discipline our children at home. how are you to teach them if you are not allowed to?

fort worth

#15 Feb 22, 2007
an honest christian-bowie wrote:
<quoted text>
the reason people do not teach their children the way we were tought by our parents is because the state has decided that we do not teach them right instead we abuse them so they took the right away to discipline our children at home. how are you to teach them if you are not allowed to?
no one ever said the way we were taught was good or bad - find another way to teach for crying out loud ! aren't ya'll's children's lives worth the effort ? heaven knows the rest of society suffers when parents throw up their hands in failure !

ps - i don't believe any way of teaching has been removed unless you are referring to some form of "teaching" that is considered abuse in our more educated and enlightened time. is that the problem ?

AOL

#16 Feb 22, 2007
scuter pie

i am on your side about the drug situation. i am only saying that the government wants to tell us how to take care of our children and only punish them their way and if you dont then the children hollar child abuse then you have the whole cps situation to deal with. but by funding the task force and other law enforcement so they can pick and choose who they want to punish or arrest because of their past doesnt teach children right from wrong

fort worth

#17 Feb 23, 2007
an honest christian-bowie wrote:
scuter pie
i am on your side about the drug situation. i am only saying that the government wants to tell us how to take care of our children and only punish them their way and if you dont then the children hollar child abuse then you have the whole cps situation to deal with. but by funding the task force and other law enforcement so they can pick and choose who they want to punish or arrest because of their past doesnt teach children right from wrong
i understand what you are saying and all i'm responding with is that there are other methods of instruction that do not involve physical methods which i'm sure is what you are alluding to !

find a better way is all !

AOL

#18 Feb 24, 2007
there was another drug bust in montague county on Wednesday. 8 people went to jail. where is all the publicity that the people in January recieved. Is it not necessary since the task force got their funding?

again my point on who they pick and chose, not treat everyone fairly
Rick in Texas

Wichita Falls, TX

#19 May 30, 2008
Im sorry but this just has to be said. You have a rather large and pwerful gang influence in this town which controls quite a good bit of it, so exactly how do the police plan to stop all of the illegal crap that is continually going on in town with the 2 biggest gangs?

do they plan to systematically raid every one of those houses until they are all in jail and all of the drugs are gone (that would be nice and help alot) though realistically it is not very practical?

I couldnt help but wonder this as I was reading this
Wow

Glen Rose, TX

#20 Jun 1, 2008
Which town you talking about, Rick, and what two gangs?

Since: Apr 08

El Paso, Texas

#21 Jun 2, 2008
Wow wrote:
Which town you talking about, Rick, and what two gangs?
Wichita Falls and one of the gangs is the Varrio Carnales or V.C. if you prefer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burkburnett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Tue CheeseSniff 1,050
News Land acquired for Hooters; design phase just be... (Aug '07) Jan 16 McGooters 20
Prison lock down (Apr '14) Jan 12 Velchevy__ 4
marrying an inmate at allred unit (Jul '15) Jan 12 Velchevy__ 2
Stay Away From Texas Nite Life (Jun '10) Jan 8 Big Whiskey 29
News Public has almost no access to new police radios (Mar '07) Jan 2 capowell 49
News Position Taken? Transition sources say Trump wi... Dec '16 Dee Dee Dee 9

Burkburnett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burkburnett Mortgages