Lady Hornets advance to next round

Lady Hornets advance to next round

There are 1 comment on the The Gatesville Messenger story from May 20, 2009, titled Lady Hornets advance to next round. In it, The Gatesville Messenger reports that:

Gatesville school history was made Saturday night in Mineral Wells when the Lady Hornets rolled over Burkburnett, 9-2, to win the area championship and advance to the regional quarterfinals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gatesville Messenger.

Stuart Tull

Killeen, TX

#1 May 20, 2009
Dear Editor,
I am writing this letter in reference to the girls High School softball series that was played between your school and our school, Gatesville, in Mineral Wells, Texas. First I will say that the teams on the field competed and behaved in a manner that both towns can be very proud of. Next I address the behavior in the stands, your students were quite disrespectful toward our players and it really showed Saturday night after the series was in hand. The young men in the stands evidently could not deal with their team losing the series so they decided to get even by sneaking onto the Gatesville school busses and stealing everything they could get their hands on. This says a lot about the sportsmanship that is being instilled in your students up there but I understand it was just a select few but it sure puts a black eye on the whole school district and town for that fact. These same delinquents were probably the one’s that were being rude and inappropriate at the fence when some of the female fans and their daughters from Gatesville were leaving the complex. I find it funny how the cowards didn’t have anything to say when the men from Gatesville were walking past, but then again if you are coward enough to sneak onto the bus and steal a bunch of girl’s belongings, then that shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. I’m sorry that a few bad apples had to spoil what was otherwise a great sporting event!
Stuart Tull
Gatesville, Texas

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burkburnett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United regional Jun 13 BMC 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
News Giant Bowie knife will stand in Texas town with... Jun 4 Not your momma 15
News Kristopher Russell Sentenced (Jun '06) May '16 blindfold 48
News New Leadership At W.F. Chamber (Feb '13) Apr '16 Chris Lacy 2
Faith Baptist Church Preacher Apr '16 Gene Pool 2
Oh TWP, I know you're here! Apr '16 Bob Muhulland 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burkburnett Mortgages