Topix Chitown Regulars

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#74356 Oct 11, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, what? I'm 44.5 and my mom would be there for even a routine surgery such as your SIL had.
Uh, yeah, mine too. My mom didn't even miss softball games. And when I was older and had to go to urgent care for a bad cold or something, she'd offer to go with if she wasn't working, because she didn't want me to wait alone.

Perspective. It changes over time. I had/have pretty darn good parents.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74357 Oct 11, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like working retail has ruined Christmas music for me, pretty much forever.
Me, too. Although, the Brahm's thing is maybe, what, 5 times a day? Probably less. I could deal with that. Christmas music in retail is a six-week-long ear rape.
Sam I Am

Schaumburg, IL

#74358 Oct 11, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like working retail has ruined Christmas music for me, pretty much forever.
Well that stinks. There is an album by George Winston (piano player) called December that is my go-to for the holiday season.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#74359 Oct 11, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that stinks. There is an album by George Winston (piano player) called December that is my go-to for the holiday season.
Christmas music without singing i can handle. I have an acoustic guitar CD by Billy McLaughlin (local musician who had to relearn how to play the guitar with his opposite hand because he acquired a syndrome that fried his brain pathways, leaving him unable to use his primary hand!).

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#74360 Oct 11, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
I think that makes the kiddo exactly one month early. Water broke two weeks ago tomorrow, but A wasn't in labor. I always thought they deliver within 24-48 hours of the water breaking, but I guess as long as there's no sign of infection, you're good to go. So A's just been chilling in the hospital for the last 13 days. Must have shown some sign of infection, because they're taking her quickly. The other day, the baby was estimated to be around 5 lbs, 8 oz. And of course, they gave her 'roids to help develop the baby's lungs.
Really? Yes, you need to deliver before 24 hours is up otherwise infection will set in. Perhaps that's old fashioned thinking, I don't know. Still...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#74361 Oct 11, 2012
Okay - net-checked. Turns out the doctors create their own havoc. It's the going to the hospital, getting checked that spurs on infection.

http://doulamomma.wordpress.com/2009/07/22/wh...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#74362 Oct 11, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
Healthy baby girl, 5lbs 6oz. Caroline.
Aw! Congrats to the family!
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#74363 Oct 11, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an old one. I have some of that on an old mix cassette
Sam I Am

Schaumburg, IL

#74364 Oct 11, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>That's an old one. I have some of that on an old mix cassette
What's a cassette?
Sam I Am

Schaumburg, IL

#74365 Oct 11, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
Healthy baby girl, 5lbs 6oz. Caroline.
And be ready to hear "Sweet Caroline" butchered by every friend and relative.
Sam I Am

Schaumburg, IL

#74366 Oct 11, 2012
No real reason for posting this other than that I think it is good for people to keep perspective.

"The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else's highlight reel."

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#74367 Oct 11, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
So, I was in a hurry to get Ry to school this morning and I'm the first to admit that I'm not good at pulling up to curbs (I'm always afraid of being too far out and I was driving my husband's car today). The curbs are very jagged around the school and I am now sitting here waiting for Triple A to come change my tire. It took all if 30 seconds for the tire to deflate after I hit the curb - the hole is that big. I'll post pics of the curb on FB later.
I used to change tires myself, but I don't think I can anymore since they use the power tools to tighten the lugnuts. May as well get something out of this AAA membership.
i feel your pain. i find a lot of curbs and nails, so we made damn sure to get road hazard covearge when i got my new car. out of 9 years in my old car, i had one bent rim, 2 tires punctured & worn beyond repair adn one that i drove on long enough to bust the side wall. the only otehr "driver induced failure" that i had was taking the passenger side mirror off backing out of hte garage one day (and the replacement got cracked in a parking lot less than a year later).

and i agree about letting AAA take care of it!

Schaumburg, IL

#74368 Oct 11, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
No real reason for posting this other than that I think it is good for people to keep perspective.
"The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else's highlight reel."
i like that... very helpful, thanks for posting it...

Schaumburg, IL

#74369 Oct 11, 2012
this should be an intersting afternoon... lunch is mostly mountain dew & gummy pumpkins...

here's hoping i don't twitch myself down the hall and out the door!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#74370 Oct 11, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>That's an old one. I have some of that on an old mix cassette
Is it to early for a spontaneous christmas poll? Top 5 christmas albums?
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#74371 Oct 11, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Is it to early for a spontaneous christmas poll? Top 5 christmas albums?
Yes. Not allowed until Nov 15 at the earliest
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#74372 Oct 11, 2012
Aisle Sitter wrote:
this should be an intersting afternoon... lunch is mostly mountain dew & gummy pumpkins...
here's hoping i don't twitch myself down the hall and out the door!
Not a bad day to twitch outside. Did they finish repaving yet?

Schaumburg, IL

#74373 Oct 11, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Not a bad day to twitch outside. Did they finish repaving yet?
yes they did... but i haven't been out for a stroll since you moved, i don't think.

unfortunately, i have a meetign to review file audit results. should be interesting...

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74374 Oct 11, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Is it to early for a spontaneous christmas poll? Top 5 christmas albums?
Mannheim Steamroller: Christmas is the only *album* I can think of that I don't hate.

I do enjoy religious Christmas songs, though, since they have sentimental value and they don't get played much in retail. The Hallelujah Chorus reminds me of my mom. Last year, my dad posted a YouTube vid of a flash mob choir singing it at a mall and I was bawling by the end; it was beautiful.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#74375 Oct 11, 2012
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes they did... but i haven't been out for a stroll since you moved, i don't think.
unfortunately, i have a meetign to review file audit results. should be interesting...
I sent you an email

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burbank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Realtime 1,275,371
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Rogue Scholar 05 196,964
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Red_Forman 6,409
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Earthling-1 54,503
Black lives matter 5 hr Pride in ones self 1
Orland fire chief I'm trouble 7 hr Dummy 15
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 7 hr True 8,294
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burbank Mortgages