Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

#74118 Oct 6, 2012
I'm SO GLAD I never walked in on my parents. My ex-husband walked in on his parents - when he was 19. He had left for work but forgot something and when he came back into the house, they were doing it in the kitchen. I think that sucks way more than if you're a little kid when it happens.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#74119 Oct 6, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
I'm SO GLAD I never walked in on my parents. My ex-husband walked in on his parents - when he was 19. He had left for work but forgot something and when he came back into the house, they were doing it in the kitchen. I think that sucks way more than if you're a little kid when it happens.
I agree. Better to now know what you're seeing and not have clear adult memories of it. P lus when little kids walk in on parents, parents typically are in bed, under covers to some degree, probably no lights on. Not much to see.

But as an adult, in the kitchen? Ick.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#74120 Oct 6, 2012
Rutgers decided to put F.A.M.I.L.Y. on the back of their jerseys in place of their names and they told everyone that it stands for "Forget About Me, I Love You". Dude, put that up in the locker room if you have to, but replacing the names on the jerseys? Puke

Boynton Beach, FL

#74121 Oct 6, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
Rutgers decided to put F.A.M.I.L.Y. on the back of their jerseys in place of their names and they told everyone that it stands for "Forget About Me, I Love You". Dude, put that up in the locker room if you have to, but replacing the names on the jerseys? Puke
Are the jerseys also pink?
;)

Location hidden

#74122 Oct 6, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
Is it in reference to something specific?

I'm rooting for your team! I am sick of Uconn winning at basketball, so that helps me root against them in football!:)

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#74123 Oct 6, 2012
They are black with just a little sliver of red. The athletic director is calling for the school to wear all black today so it looks like a "Blackout". Um, Army is the Black Knights. We are the Scarlet Knights (stupid name, but it is what it is).

If you are trying to rebrand, this is not the way to do it.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#74124 Oct 6, 2012
Jess in NJ wrote:
They are black with just a little sliver of red. The athletic director is calling for the school to wear all black today so it looks like a "Blackout". Um, Army is the Black Knights. We are the Scarlet Knights (stupid name, but it is what it is).
If you are trying to rebrand, this is not the way to do it.
hes not trying a re-branding. "Black outs" & "White outs" are pretty common with schools tryng to get the crowd involved. we've had a blackout or 2 at fsu. i think penn state students are calling for a white out today

Location hidden

#74125 Oct 6, 2012
Watched a tiny bit of theOrioles/Rangers game last night--- the orange on black uniforms of the orioles looked very sharp.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#74126 Oct 6, 2012
Yeah, Penn State has a lot of white in the stands...

we're getting plumbing work done in the basement, including ripping up part of the floor. it's amazing that when "forced" to do be lazy and watch tv all day (which i'll gladly do for 2/3 of a weekend anyway), it's just not the same. since the water's still off, i can't do the cooking i thought woudl be able to (thought they were going to cap stuff and turn it back on so we could try to live normally). and they're working right under the office, so hubby's camping out with me in the family room...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#74127 Oct 6, 2012
Oh, no. Of all people who should probably not own a dog:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/...

Location hidden

#74128 Oct 6, 2012
I read about how Vick was raised, that his father and grandfather were involved with dog fighting, that he was raised that dogs are not creatures deserving of compassionate, humane treatment (nevermind that I don't believe ANY animals -- domesticated or otherwise -- deserve the treatment involved with dog fighting), and I read that someone raised that way wouldn't think there's anything wrong with being involved in dog fighting, that it was along the lines of hunting and fishing -- using animals for one's own benefit.
SO maybe he's changed? I dunno.
I am curious as to TOnka's opinion, because he's such a logical minded person,b ut he loves his pugs.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#74129 Oct 6, 2012
To equate dog fighting to hunting or fishing is stupid. The goal of hunting and fishing to to acquire food. Even big game hunting involves keeping the meat, and white bwana gets the head.
Forcing two animals to fight for their lives and tear each other apart, purely for the enjoyment of their humans is sick. To attempt to call such a process a sport, shows just how retarded a person can be. People eat dogs for dinner, and I am fine with that, because they are treating it like any other animal ment for consumption.

To force any two animals to try and kill each other, just so you can put a few bucks in your pocket is disgusting.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I read about how Vick was raised, that his father and grandfather were involved with dog fighting, that he was raised that dogs are not creatures deserving of compassionate, humane treatment (nevermind that I don't believe ANY animals -- domesticated or otherwise -- deserve the treatment involved with dog fighting), and I read that someone raised that way wouldn't think there's anything wrong with being involved in dog fighting, that it was along the lines of hunting and fishing -- using animals for one's own benefit.
I am curious as to TOnka's opinion, because he's such a logical minded person,b ut he loves his pugs.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#74130 Oct 6, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>hes not trying a re-branding. "Black outs" & "White outs" are pretty common with schools tryng to get the crowd involved. we've had a blackout or 2 at fsu. i think penn state students are calling for a white out today
Yeah, but he is trying it in conjunction with the new uniforms. They are making a big deal of the coach hoping that the uniforms will hope with recruiting. That bothers me. I don't like the uniforms. There is almost no red on them.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#74131 Oct 6, 2012
*help

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74132 Oct 6, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the jerseys also pink?
;)
no but your boy, De'Ante Saunders, has pink arm pads!

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74133 Oct 6, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have been pro-vick from the day he stepped out of jail. That's not to say I'm some big fan that is cheering for him. I don't follow him any more than any other NFL QB, which is very little. But in my opinion, he was convicted of a crime an served his time. Time to move on and let him live his life. the fact that his talents make it possible for him to live a very comfortable life instead of wallowing in poverty does not bother me in the least.

I have no personal bond to the dogs involved in his dog fighting ring. Were it MY dogs, then I would not be so willing to consider his debt paid. I love MY dogs. that does not make me an animal lover in general. Reading a report about a dog fighting ring does not stir any more emotion in me than reading about a cock fighting ring.

Lastly, after being convicted of animal cruelty and losing all his riches(just about every dime he's made since getting out of prison has gone toward paying of crditors), I can't think of a safer place in the world for a dog.

Boynton Beach, FL

#74134 Oct 6, 2012
Woohoo! What a great win.

Boynton Beach, FL

#74135 Oct 6, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>no but your boy, De'Ante Saunders, has pink arm pads!
Breast cancer awareness month.
;P

Location hidden

#74136 Oct 6, 2012
Race, I"m the biggest animal lover I know, but I know that after I read about how Vick had been raised, I could cut him some slack for thinking dogs and other animals weren't worthy of a second thought -- just like in many other cultures.

Sad way to live, in my opinion. My pets give me a lot of joy.

Watching SNL -- Daniel Craig is doing pretty well. and he's YUMMY.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#74137 Oct 7, 2012
RACE wrote:
To equate dog fighting to hunting or fishing is stupid. The goal of hunting and fishing to to acquire food. Even big game hunting involves keeping the meat, and white bwana gets the head.
Forcing two animals to fight for their lives and tear each other apart, purely for the enjoyment of their humans is sick. To attempt to call such a process a sport, shows just how retarded a person can be. People eat dogs for dinner, and I am fine with that, because they are treating it like any other animal ment for consumption.
To force any two animals to try and kill each other, just so you can put a few bucks in your pocket is disgusting.
<quoted text>
I know that's the argument about hunting. All the hunters I know the only ones that talked about the hunting being food was the deer hunters. That's so gross to slice them and string them up to drain them and do all the prep work. I just don't have the stomach for it.

I realize I don't know a whole lot of hunters -- I've probably known 10 in my life. Most of them have spoken about the shot, the chase and gave their pheasant away except for a prize one they had stuffed.

I'm not so sure it's all for food b/c really, you can go to the supermarket and get your food. There's really no need for most people to hunt for your food.

However, being a sport -- one that I don't necessarily understand -- I say whatever. The deer are overpopulated, and we do have the government overseeing the game that would be over-hunted (that's not the term but I'm guessing you might now what I mean).

While it's not my thing, I say whatever. People like to play with their guns and usually the most harm is hunters shooting other hunters.

I don't understand how people can get into dog fighting but I'm assuming them see the dogs as someone would see that pheasant they want to shoot.

With all the geese I wish the hunters to cull that flock, although I would not want to see it.

All that doesn't make me a good person, it just is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burbank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min John Galt 1,232,753
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min litesong 53,505
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 58 min Jacques Orleans 189,872
News More Than 40 People Shot In Chicago Over Holida... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
abby 5-25-15 1 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
amy 5-25-15 2 hr Kuuipo 4
Blue Island Water (Oct '14) 2 hr Better Yet 49
More from around the web

Burbank People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]