Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1224870 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#769650 Oct 12, 2012
Barack Obama met with the Queen of England.

He asked her, "Your Majesty, how do you run such an efficient
government? Are there any tips you can give me?"

..."Well," said the Queen, "the most important thing is to surround
yourself with intelligent people."

Obama frowned, and then asked, "But how do I know the people around
are really intelligent?"

The Queen took a sip of tea. "Oh, that's easy, you just ask them to
answer an intelligent riddle."

The Queen pushed a button on her intercom.

"Please send Tony Blair in here, would you?"

Tony Blair walked into the room and said, "Yes, Your Majesty?"

The Queen smiled and said, "Answer me this please, Tony. Your mother
and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your
sister. Who is it?"

Without pausing for a moment, Tony Blair answered, "That would be me."

"Yes! Very good," said the Queen.

Obama went back home to ask Joe Biden the same question. "Joe, answer
this for me. Your mother and your father have a child. It's not
your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?"

"I'm not sure," said Biden. "Let me get back to you on that one." He
went to his advisers and asked everyone, but none could give him an
answer.

Finally, Biden ran in to Sarah Palin out eating one night. Biden
asked, "Sarah, can you answer this for me? Your mother and father
have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?"

Sarah Palin answered right back, "That's easy, it's me!"

Biden smiled, and said, "Thanks!" Then, he went back to speak with
Obama. "Say, I did some research and I have the answer to that
riddle. It's Sarah Palin!"

Obama got up, stomped over to Biden, and angrily yelled into his
face, "No! You idiot! It's Tony Blair!"

"Stuff's gettin better"
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#769651 Oct 12, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Biden was moaning and groaning also...What is your excuse for Biden for that? on second thought maybe you shouldn't embarrass the old old white guy.
Lily would vote for Obama if he forced her to eat dog sh*t on national TV.

(No, that's not an exaggeration.)
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#769652 Oct 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It was obvious to anyone with any degree of perspective that Biden not only whined and interrupted rudely during the entire debate but was extremely ungracious to his opponent when given a sincere compliment.
Then again, that WOULD by your version of a "winner".
It was obvious to anyone with any degree of perspective that Romney not only whined and interrupted rudely during the entire debate but was extremely ungracious to his opponent(and the moderator) when given a sincere compliment.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#769653 Oct 12, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The polls are looking like the pundits. All over the place.
The polls are NOT all over the place. Biden was a lying fool and everyone but like-minded fools, saw him as he is.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#769655 Oct 12, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your accountant?
Lol
Naw he's got an office in the tallest skyscraper in Virginia Beach. Over by The Funny Bone Comedy Club and Ruth's Chris Steak House. The Cheesecake Factory and California Pizza also.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#769656 Oct 12, 2012
Homer wrote:
So it appears Biden, like Romney broke the rules of the debate. Of course rightwingers loved that Romney 'took charge' but hated Biden for doing the same thing.
You can't make this stuff up folks.
We all heard what O'bama said last week. You didn't? The transcript is clear and concise on the O'bama-Romney debate.
The Transcript originally for Biden/Ryan debates read as such:
Biden laughing/Ryan inaudible.
Biden snickering/Martha inaudible.
Biden interupting and asking for his time/ Ryan inaudible.
Ryan speaking/Biden laughing.

That was last night. It must be a problem now because the networks have cleaned up their transcripts and show no evidence of Biden laughing at all. This is what liberals do. It was a facade--the whole stupid Biden was just a facade.
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#769660 Oct 12, 2012
Gay “Marriage” Law Forces D.C. Archdiocese to End Foster Care

WASHINGTON, DC,- The Catholic Archdiocese of Washington has been forced to give up the foster care program it ran with the aid of public funds, after repeated warnings that there would be no other choice should the D.C. City Council insist that the archdiocese recognize gay "marriage" partners in its employment practices.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday that Catholic Charities handed over the foster-care program intact to the National Center for Children and Families on February 1. Catholic Charities, whose foster program included 43 children, 35 families and seven staff, runs more than 20 social service programs for the District of Columbia and receives $20 million in city funding.

Before the City Council approved the marriage bill in December, the archdiocese pointed out that, unless religious exemption language were broadened, the law would force Catholic Charities to violate Catholic moral teaching in providing spousal benefits for "married" homosexual partners of employees. Council members ignored the request for better language protecting religious rights.

Pending a period of congressional review, the “marriage” bill will likely become law within a few weeks.

When in November critics accused the archdiocese of using the foster care program to strong-arm the city, Archdiocesan spokeswoman Susan Gibbs shot back, saying, "We are not threatening to walk out of the city."

Instead, she said, "the city is the one saying,'If you want to continue partnering with the city, then you cannot follow your faith teachings.'"

Following news of the transfer, Catholic League president Bill Donohue said Archbishop Donald Wuerl "did not want to end the foster-care program, but he was left with no realistic option."

"District lawmakers could have granted the kind of religious exemptions that would have ensured a continuation of services, but instead they sought to create a Catch-22 situation for the archdiocese," said Donohue. "Surely they knew that Archbishop Wuerl was not going to negotiate Catholic Church teachings on marriage, yet that hardly mattered to them.

"The real losers are the children who were served by the Catholic Church."

He continued: "Those who say that Wuerl is throwing the kids overboard are phonies. If Planned Parenthood were told that as a condition of public funding it had to refer Catholic women having second thoughts about abortion to a crisis pregnancy center, it would scream violation of church and state, refuse the money and end this program.

"Well, Archbishop Wuerl isn’t about to allow the state to run roughshod over Catholic doctrine, and that is why he is being forced to drop the foster-care program."
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#769662 Oct 12, 2012
The Night Mare Of Gay Parents

So lets get this right, people who oppose this kind of behavior are bigots?

Child molester's dream come true

Two recent government actions, one legislative and one judicial, have called into question our society's willingness to protect its youngest and most vulnerable members.

A hate crimes bill (H.R. 1913 and S. 909), dubbed by critics the "Pedophile Protection Act," has already passed the House and is up for vote in the Senate. The bill earned its unofficial name when Democrats rejected an amendment to exclude pedophiles from legal protection. No doubt this legislation serves as a precursor to onerous hate speech legislation in the future.

On the judicial front, the Georgia Supreme Court ruled in a divorce case that two minor children must be forced to mingle against their will with their homosexual father's "gay" and lesbian friends during visitation. Claiming the children of Eric and Sandy Mongerson will not suffer harm from this contact, Justice Robert Benham overturned an earlier lower court ruling protecting the children from exposure to "overnight company with a member of the opposite sex, or with any person deemed to be a paramour, unrelated by blood or marriage, in the presence of a child."

Beth Littrell, an attorney for the pro-homosexual group Lambda Legal, said, "The court has done the right thing today by focusing on the needs of the children instead of perpetuating stigma on the basis of sexual orientation."

An AP report said the mother's attorney, Lance McMillian, "claimed the father subjected the children to an 'array of violent, sexual, abusive and wholly inappropriate conduct' during a trip to Arkansas and contended the father was in a series of affairs with other men while still married."

During the trial the two oldest children expressed fear for the safety of their younger siblings due to their homosexual father's violent outbursts. One of the girls told of finding a magazine with naked men while visiting her father.

So much for "justice" and the assertion that children's needs are a priority.

Benham might have done his homework and discovered a plethora of reasons to block easy access to these children by the friends of their homosexual father. He could have started with the wealth of material found at the National Association for Research & Therapy of Homosexuality. Numerous scientific studies show soaring rates of violence within homosexual and lesbian relationships, shortened life spans caused by diseases influenced by their lifestyle, and a significantly higher rate of child molestation as compared with heterosexual populations.

But if Benham were truly concerned about the wellbeing of children being raised by homosexuals, he could talk to internationally recognized speaker Dawn Stefanowicz, who authored "Out From Under," a book relating her childhood experience living with a homosexual father who was sexually abused as a boy and later died of AIDS. In the book she describes her childhood exposure to her father's gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transsexual, or GLBT, subcultures and their explicit sexual practices. She recently addressed the Canadian Senate on hate crimes legislation. She focuses on the impact the homosexual culture is having on children, particularly relating to marriage, parenting, sexuality and education.

(Column continues below)
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#769663 Oct 12, 2012
In a recent correspondence, Stefanowicz shared her own experiences and her concerns drawn from discussions with other adults who were raised in homosexual households. The following aspects typify these children's experiences:
* Associating with the parent's GLBT community creates painful gender identity confusion and prevents healthy development.
* Children are "silenced and forced to tolerate hearing speech, witnessing sexual behaviors, and going places they find offensive."
* Children are saddled with "stress, depression, anxiety, suicidal tendencies, anger, sexuality confusion, and tremendous insecurity."
* During Stefanowicz's childhood, her father "traveled all over North America and to the Islands, finding ample cruising partners and locations." She said it was not safe "to bring my good-looking boyfriends" home because they could be propositioned by her father to have threesome sex with another homosexual adult.
* A number of children feel sexually abused though association with the sights of the GLBT subculture and "witnessing their parent in sexual situations and multiple relationships." She said it's common for parents to take children to gay pride events sporting offensive sexual material, discussion and behavior.
* Stefanowicz says, "Some adult children express they have been sexually abused by a parent or partner(s) who have attempted to recruit them either directly or by innuendo and by example. Pedophilia is a big part of the subcultures." Sadly, she recounts her father being sexually involved with an underage boy who later committed suicide.
* Stefanowicz has heard personal accounts from children who have contacted her. "They have been exposed to hepatitis and other pathogens because of living in close association with sexually active parents and partners. When young, dependent children share snacks, utensils, drinking glasses, use bathroom facilities and do not wash hands, touch washcloths … toothbrushes … children are at risk of becoming infected." She recounts picking up "feces-covered sheets" after one of her father's encounters and is concerned that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention acknowledges the high level of disease risk associated with GLBT behaviors, yet fails to discuss infection transmission risk to children in their care.
* Stefanowicz sees firsthand the effect of hate crime laws in Canada. Predicting what is ahead for America should such legislation pass, she says, "It is deeply saddening to see how many churchgoers/conservatives/Repu blicans are in favor of hate crime (laws). Americans have no idea what hate crime really is all about."
* Her concerns are backed up by statistics. A 2007 Gallup poll indicated a majority of Americans (68 percent) support expanding hate crimes laws. According to USA Today, "Majorities of frequent churchgoers (62 percent), conservatives (57 percent), and Republicans (60 percent) also were in favor of the legislation."
Continuing, Stefanowicz says, "Unfortunately, charities that speak against homosexuality will lose their charitable status and be fined. Media will also get shut down by the FCC if anything negative is said about homosexuality, and mention is made of the health risks, research on causes, and possibility of people leaving the lifestyle. "Gay" activists will go back into web archives and make complaints about offensive articles and links. Pastors will also be sued and church denominations could lose their tax exempt status."

Do hate crime laws really protect children? No. They protect adults perpetrating acts of indecency on minors.
Hate crime laws are a child molester's dream come true.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#769666 Oct 12, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Right on time--Libs say it is CIA fault. Funny how we know libs-they are soooooo predictable.
Go back to the video-it was your best plan.
My comments were gleaned from yesterdays Washington Post__is that a lib outfit???

Fact is that "over thirty" American individuals were, cough, rescued from the annex, thanks to the GOP loudmouths, we now know that they were working for the CIA as were at least two of the deceased who ran to the building where Stevens was in attempt to rescue him.

Here's a clue__the fkn CIA is not the state department and is not real good about sharing info with anyone, particularly the administration. Perhaps you remember when the CIA informant blew up a half dozen US soldiers in Afghanistan___how long did those details take to surface?
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#769670 Oct 12, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Forced? Would she have to be forced by him?

Since: Nov 09

Beaver Island, MI

#769671 Oct 12, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Biden's a retard.
"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said,'Look, here's what happened."
"Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya." –-Joe Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair
"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."
"You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking."
Joe Biden bitched slapped the smirk off Paul Ryan's face.
carol

Orlando, FL

#769672 Oct 12, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
It was obvious to anyone with any degree of perspective that Romney not only whined and interrupted rudely during the entire debate but was extremely ungracious to his opponent(and the moderator) when given a sincere compliment.
Actually, he didn't interrupt Obama one single time. He interrupted the moderator a few times to finish making his impassioned points when the moderator tried to act like he was the most important one in the room. That's about it.

So maybe you can tell me. What did Joe find so funny about the attacks on our embassies, the number of joblessness and the Middle East fiasco which they screwed up?
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#769674 Oct 12, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
After thinking about this, I'm sure she'd ask for seconds.
fred

Milford, CT

#769675 Oct 12, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
The Kenyan commie mau mau now has a lock on only 7 states. fred's prediction is unfolding before your eyes

President Romney 44 states 400+ electoral votes...filibuster proof senate

CAMPAIGN FREAKOUT!
OBAMA LOCK UNDER 10 STATES
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#769678 Oct 12, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>"Plugs" he has been unemployed his entire working life? Couldn't hold a job, oh, maybe... a gladhander at Walmart??
No walmart greeter, to mean for that kind of work.
fred

Milford, CT

#769681 Oct 12, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe Biden bitched slapped the smirk off Paul Ryan's face.
Kenyan commie occupier scum accuse Paul Ryan of which Joe is most guilty. Projection is a mental defect wide spread on the left that allows them to delude themselves that America judged crazy smirking Joe a lunatic

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#769682 Oct 12, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
And now that gunner is awake "early" we can get a feel for how the uneducated people feel about the debate.
"Plugs" was the most uneducated person on that stage, even had to have the moderator cover his sorry behind? We truly feel sorry for the State of Delaware, to be represented by such an inept person. Another career politician whom the Taxpayer is required to support for the rest his life.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#769683 Oct 12, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that all you do is call me "uneducated" when it's obvious to everyone here I own you intellectually.
Oh stop bragging, everyone here owns dem intellectually-LOL
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#769685 Oct 12, 2012
I think I just created a bumper sticker:

If you voted for Da Bammy the first time, you willingly ate shit. If you vote for his re-election, your asking for seconds.

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burbank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min red and right 187,935
Trial Begins in Nearly Six-Year-Old Oak Forest ... 22 min concerned citizen 10
Edward Moody (Mar '14) 37 min Day 16
HUGE shakeup in District #228 1 hr Timmy 10
When are the new officials being sworn in? 2 hr Pipsqueek_Magee 28
News Jury Sides with Sheriff's Cops in Lawsuit over ... 3 hr MILF ALERT 4
Looking for District 228 parents 4 hr George 6
More from around the web

Burbank People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]