Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1457625 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#768186 Oct 11, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you could have them plant a couple seeds while you are there.
One for your dk and the other for your brain.
You got me mixed up with Grey Ghost. He's got the useless dk, and shoves seeds up his azz to feed his missing hamster Trooper.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#768187 Oct 11, 2012
glennm69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep thinking to myself "If only all of my (deposits) had been made into a mandantory 401K instead of the general fund I would have a pretty nice chunk of change to draw on when I retire soon."
I am sure the private firm managing my social security 401K would have taken some maintenance fees over the years, but nothing like the way politicians have been stealing SS and Medicare money over it history.
The latest incident happened when Obamacare transferred 751 Billion from Medicare to Obamacare. I think the Republicans should have aired a commercial showing Obama driving some mass transit vehicle by remote control filled with old people driving them all over a cliff at the same time.
That has been one of my pet peeves for many years. Imagine if a business or a bank set up a retirement plan and your family didn't get the money if you died! These libtards on here would be screaming to the moon.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#768188 Oct 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the brunt of every joke on the planet, Lily. Even by late-night liberals.
Please don't embarrass yourself.
I know it was; but, I felt it was him expressing true passion. He's really smart too! It's a shame that people can't just be themselves.
Take Mitt for example; that hidden video of him speaking at that fundraising dinner? That was Mitt, being himself. Why doesn't he just stick to being who he really is?
Are you a bit confused now? I mean after all, you were parroting that 47% everyday, defending it, chastising the lazy good for nothing unemployed welfare people and minorities who you think that represents.
Now, he's changed his mind!
He said "I will sign any legislation to overturn Roe v. Wade", now, he's changed his mind.
He said, "we don't need more teachers, didn't the President see what happened in Minnesota"?
Now, he's changed his mind.
He said "I will end Pell Grants and Student Loans, students should borrow money from their parents"
Must be hard for you to keep up with him

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#768189 Oct 11, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the rate of deficit to GDP for the past three presidents-yes Cliton had a deficit:
Bill Clinton
1993-2000 0.8
1994-2001 0.1
Average 0.5
George W. Bush
2001-08 2.0
2002-09 3.4
Average 2.7
Barack Obama
2009-12* 9.1
2010-12 8.7
Bush walked in the door witrh a state of the union where by 2012 the CBO said we would have a 5.5 trillion dollar SURPLUS.

We don't, here is a list that says what killed that idea:, including 3.5 trillion for the recession.

"in June 2012, CBO summarized the cause of change between its January 2001 estimate of a $5.6 trillion cumulative surplus between 2002 and 2011 and the actual $6.1 trillion cumulative deficit that occurred, an unfavorable "turnaround" or debt increase of $11.7 trillion. Tax cuts and slower-than-expected growth reduced revenues by $6.1 trillion and spending was $5.6 trillion higher. Of this total, the CBO attributes 72% to legislated tax cuts and spending increases and 27% to economic and technical factors. Of the latter, 56% occurred from 2009 to 2011.[38][39]
The difference between the projected and actual debt in 2011 can be largely attributed to:
$3.5 trillion – Economic changes (including lower than expected tax revenues and higher safety net spending due to recession)
$1.6 trillion – Bush Tax Cuts (EGTRRA and JGTRRA), primarily tax cuts but also some smaller spending increases
$1.5 trillion - Increased non-defense discretionary spending
$1.4 trillion – Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq
$1.4 trillion - Incremental interest due to higher debt balances
$0.9 trillion - Obama stimulus and tax cuts (ARRA and Tax Act of 2010)"

As for who is to blame:

"Recessions or the business cycle (37%);
Policies enacted by President Bush (33%);
Policies enacted by President Bush and supported or extended by President Obama (20%); and
New policies from President Obama (10%)."

You right whiners are just stupid. There canbe n other reasons you blame Obama.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#768190 Oct 11, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I chose to no longer to business with an establishment that insults my intelligence by broadcasting fox cable news.
They are obviously tailoring their customer base to the uninformed & uneducated.
Many businesses were given free flat screen tvs that broadcast only Fox

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#768191 Oct 11, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
HERE'S WHAT HAPPEN IF THE STATE DEPARTMENT SENT ADDITIONAL SECURITY PERSONNEL TO LIBYA TO PROTECT OUR FOREIGN SERVICE WORKERS THERE - AN' THEIR MORMON "SECURITY TEAM," APPARENTLY. DARYL ISSA CONVENE A HEARING THE NEXT DAY TO DECRY THE ADMINISTRATION'S EXCEEDING IT'S BUDGET DURING A TIME OF ECONOMIC AUSTERITY.
LIBYA WAS A SUCCESSFUL CAMPAIGN BY PRESIDENT OBAMA TO REMOVE A DICTATOR WITHOUT ANY AMERICAN LOSS OF LIFE. THE REPUBLICANS WILL DO ANYTHING, ANYTHING AT ALL, TO TRY AND BLUNT THE OBVIOUS SUCCESS OF THE OPERATION, AND TO TAKE THE FOCUS OFF THE ABJECT FAILURE OF THEIR OWN ADVENTURES. BUT THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS: IF YOU NEED PROTECTION, DON' HIRE A MORMON.
Awesome, we took a knife away from the Libyans and gave the Brotherhood guns, and so far, it's only cost four American lives?

Since: Sep 08

Joliet, Illinois

#768192 Oct 11, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to get better informed.
By a law passed under Reagan,SS surplus is loaned to the federal government.
Key word is loaned.
When has this "loan" ever been repaid? Is the government responsible for paying interest on this "loan?"

Legislators have been tapping into SS funds long before Reagan.

Prove your point.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#768193 Oct 11, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just jealous, we have discussed your inferiority complex many times, racist pussccee.
Au contraire, nothing about Gunner is complex--he really is inferior.
THE DEBIL

Toronto, Canada

#768194 Oct 11, 2012
Q: HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN A MORMON DEAD?
A: YOU DON', THAT WHY YOU NEED TO KEEP ON SHOOTIN' THEM.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#768195 Oct 11, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.smartmoney.com/taxes/income/new-in...
Dumbass Dave is full-of-shit.....
this is a completely new tax, in addition to other taxes.....
We were talking about medicare taxes, dumbf*ck.

Try to keep up.

You're now talking about investment taxes?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#768196 Oct 11, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Cute. Good luck with the melanomas__they can be unforgiving.
BTW tats make them much harder to find.
Also: This just in___yesterday Turkish fighter jets forced a Syrian passenger aircraft coming from to land at Ankar and officials have just confirmed that it was carrying Russian made arms.
Coming from Russia?
carol

Orlando, FL

#768197 Oct 11, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar!
Liar!
Liar!
What about Republican claims of WMD?
BIG LIE!
Liar!
Is that why you support Romney/Eddie Munster?
Search: Mitt Romney serial liar
(72 million saw him)!!!!!!!
Lie his azzzzzzz off!
Not only was the UN convinced he had WMDs - probably because he DID and had used them on 5000 Kurds, mostly women and children - but everyone on the planet including your precious weasels under the Clinton administration and President Clinton, himself, were convinced he had WMDs because THEY wanted to overthrow Saddam's regime in 1998 - 3 years before 9/11!

Now do me a big favor and get a life. Okay?

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#768198 Oct 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I think that's his objective. Why else would Obamacare NOT kick in until 2014 - when he knew he would be out of office?
He fulfilled his purpose of causing sufficient damage to this country and can retire in the lap of luxury when our taxes skyrocket to cover the cost of Obamcare and we're waiting for our rationed healthcare.
And speaking of inferior, up squawks the serial liar...
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#768199 Oct 11, 2012
Patriot wrote:
Fedex to cut thousands from workforce
http://www.france24.com/en/20121010-fedex-cut...
Update: 10/07/12: FAIL - Holland, Mich.-$150 Million in Stimulus. Never produced a battery for the Chevy Volt. Two Hunderd workers furloughed before a single battery has been produced.
-
And every month brings a new story of a Welfare Greens Job company declaring bankruptcy or layoffs. Obama the Corporatist-in-Chief increasing Americas carbon footprint by sending huge piles of wasted taxpayers money up in smoke...
-
It's the culture...
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#768200 Oct 11, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, helpful, funny
I wonder if those DEAD AMERICANS WERE YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS IF THAT INSENSITITIVE JOKE WOULD BE SO FUNNY IF IT WAS your HUSBAND AND DAUGHTER BUT IT'S OKAY BECAUSE RUSH DIDn"T MAKE THE JOKE DEMOCRATS YEA BLACK PEOPLE YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT SIDE
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#768201 Oct 11, 2012
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Did they lie about Lybia?
Don't get her started talking about her "privates". A lot of us just ate lunch.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#768202 Oct 11, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
What ever happened to Obama's OWS crowd? I don't see them chasing down & harassing 12 years olds lately.
They are being trained by William Ayers and Van Jones to start riots as soon as O'bama is out of office. Bernadine Dorn told me that the anti 'anti war movement was now OWS'-that is where the commies are.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#768203 Oct 11, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
Jobless claims in the first week of October have dropped to the lowest level since 2008 .
OBAMA-BIDEN 2012 - PUTTING AMERICANS BACK TO WORK!!
Yep, all those seasonal minimum wage part-time jobs that come along this time every year, of course they also disappear every year just after Christmas.
Obamasharpton

Stratford, CT

#768204 Oct 11, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it was; but, I felt it was him expressing true passion. He's really smart too! It's a shame that people can't just be themselves.
Take Mitt for example; that hidden video of him speaking at that fundraising dinner? That was Mitt, being himself. Why doesn't he just stick to being who he really is?
Are you a bit confused now? I mean after all, you were parroting that 47% everyday, defending it, chastising the lazy good for nothing unemployed welfare people and minorities who you think that represents.
Now, he's changed his mind!
He said "I will sign any legislation to overturn Roe v. Wade", now, he's changed his mind.
He said, "we don't need more teachers, didn't the President see what happened in Minnesota"?
He said "I will end Pell Grants and Student Loans, students should borrow money from their parents"
Must be hard for you to keep up with him
Obama "evolves", instead. Too bad Obama never "evolved" into a successful president.
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#768205 Oct 11, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Au contraire, nothing about Gunner is complex--he really is inferior.
FORGIVE HER FATHER see just doesn't know BETTER BLACK DEMOCRAT BACKSLIDER

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burbank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min District 1 230,926
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 min Go Blue Forever 104,494
Why does Chicago want to harbor illegal criminals 23 min ThomasA 10
Robert Rita takes the oath. Becomes a member of... (Jan '15) 55 min Epic Failure 76
last post wins! (Dec '10) 57 min They cannot kill ... 2,741
Chicago Rdige Trustee 1 hr smoke screen 22
News If ex-felons pay their dues to society, let's g... (Jun '08) 1 hr Squach 1,168

Burbank Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burbank Mortgages