Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1418741 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

FREEDOM TO SPEAK

Falls Church, VA

#767239 Oct 10, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't blame Bush. Bush had his time in office and what he handed to Obama was less than desirable and would have been a big job for McCain as well had he been elected. But hey, keep thinking that our problems started with Obama.
Did I say all our problems started with Obama? I am saying they didn't improve like he said they would, and now he saying he needs 4 more years to get it done. How can he get it done, when he didn't get started on it?
He didn't improve things, did little to nothing, and not really knowing what the hell he was doing in the first place. It only made things worse. All that man did was tell lies, go on talk shows, and make a fool out of himself with a Cartoon Film (Lion King) and Big Bird.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#767240 Oct 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I judge them based on the slurs they [post.
Why are you defending the use of racial slurs?
This is what I love about you right whiners.
Those that post racial slurs are supported by people like you.
Pathetic POS that you are.
"real dumb"
You just keep on getting stoppider. Another slur from the phoney6 and hypocrite in chief, "real dumb" this time "Pathetic POS".
Peace
KMA
Bill

Miami, FL

#767241 Oct 10, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Romney and 95% of the Republican congress became traitors when they took an oath to private citizen to put his agenda ahead of the interests of America.
http://www.politicususa.com/republican-signed...
What about the one Obama and the Chicago gang signed with Soros? What does that make them?
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#767242 Oct 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
We already know Mitt Romney is cutting social security & medicare by making seniors pay more. What's he cutting from veteran benefits?
You see, Mitt says saving money in the medicare program is bad. So he just decided to make the recipients pay more.
Education is a matter of national security & you want o let it to states that teach there is no evolution & cavemen rode dinosaurs.
so you refuse to address the problem of entitlements and government pensions....stick your head in the sand and hope it goes away......
FREEDOM TO SPEAK

Falls Church, VA

#767243 Oct 10, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
SHOULDA THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BEFO' YOU EAT THE BAG OF CHEETOES AN' SIX CO-COLAS.
No thank you. I don't do any of your bad habits.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#767244 Oct 10, 2012
I'm still waiting for that first Obama TV campaign ad that extols his first term accomplishments.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#767245 Oct 10, 2012
You think Dumbya and Glenn might be drinkin' again? "

Source: Albequerque Express

Glenn Beck (Mercury Radio Arts) Glenn Beck wrecked a rental at his daughter's wedding over the weekend. "So my rental car got totaled this weekend ... at my daughter's wedding," the outspoken talk-show host said."
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#767246 Oct 10, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Call me old fashioned but I think they should pay minimum wage and make them work for their tips. It may cause the food and beverage price to go up a bit but the service would be much better,IMO. I refuse to go any place that has a built in tip on the receipt. Tips are for rewarding good service not part of their pay,IMO. I'm a very good tipper if the service is great but goes down from there.
Once took the President and Vice-President of Honda Mexico to Hooters. The waitress took our wing and beer order and then talked to her friends across the room. I had to get up and get our beers then the wings. Even had to go to the bar for a pitcher refill. Time for the bill and there was a 18% tip built into it. I told her I wasn't paying for the tip. She called the manager and he threatened to call the cops. I said go ahead. He didn't call them but he took the tip off the bill. I wasn't even paying Honda was.
agree with you....would prefer that the prices reflect an adequate wage, without tipping....but tips added to the bill automatically are offensive.....
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#767247 Oct 10, 2012
Tournefort wrote:
<quoted text>
"Every citizen deployed to a foreign country is told "you could be killed over there." EVERY SINGLE ONE."
Are citizens deployed in highly volatile countries warned that State WON'T increase security even when a deteriorating environment forces consulate security officers to request additional protection?
Did Bush/Cheney say to America:

Not one soldier will die in Iraq.

Goooooogle: US soldiers gunned down on street corner Iraq youtube

They put our boys out there in a War Zone!

Ordered them: stand here with a rifle and "guard" the street.

BAMMMMMM!!!!!

dead citizen!

Libya: war is over, had security, took cover, died because of smoke from a fire. Ffffffffck you!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#767248 Oct 10, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Wordpress is a rightwing blog; you are plagiarizing. Wait till Gunner gets ahold of you.
Hahaha...wow. Do a wee bit more research about wordpress when you sober up.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#767249 Oct 10, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
when you fools passed Obamacare, you put millions of people out of work...or on part-time status.....live with your f*ck-up.....
unionize the restaurants and they will go out of business....
and the food isn't bad for those who can't afford your high-priced restaurants....
but President Romney will solve the problem...
so GFY, vagina lady.....
Sure! They weren't paying them benefits in the first place; they're paying them $2.13 an hour! Then they have to share their tips! The customers pay their wages. Let them go out of business, who cares?
Meanwhile back at Wallyworld (to coin Flack):

Walmart workers who recently went on strike in Illinois and California appear to have inspired some of their fellow big box employees, and now it looks like the movement is going viral.

Labor leaders said Tuesday, just one day before WalmartÂ’s annual shareholder meeting, that workers at 28 stores in 12 states walked out and went on strike to demand the anti-union employer raise wages, improve working conditions and end retaliations against employees who attempt to form unions.

Raw Story ( http://s.tt/1pIox )

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#767250 Oct 10, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
so you refuse to address the problem of entitlements and government pensions....stick your head in the sand and hope it goes away......
Why can't these people understand there is no money? Are they really that dense? The clue to them should have been during the debt ceiling debate when Obama threatened the seniors that they wouldn't get their SS if they didn't raise the debt limit. Friggin' libtards are SO stupid!!!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#767251 Oct 10, 2012
leosnana wrote:
Glenn Beck (Mercury Radio Arts) Glenn Beck wrecked a rental at his daughter's wedding over the weekend. "So my rental car got totaled this weekend ... at my daughter's wedding," the outspoken talk-show host said."
The car totalled itself?
fred

Milford, CT

#767252 Oct 10, 2012
leosnana wrote:
It's more likely the Kenyan is back on chooms.#debatetrance
FREEDOM TO SPEAK

Falls Church, VA

#767253 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
"Tax Plan" you dummy; his tax plan for Americans.
I also think he should release his tax returns for 10 years as well; he won't, because he likely didn't pay taxes. Either that or it was so low that if anyone sees it, they'll flip. That and the revelation that he made millions grinding up aborted fetuses at Stericyle, millions promoting smoking cigarrettes in Russia, increasing their smoker rate from 5% to 25%, and threw in a little charm bracelet for free with each pack, called Vogue.
Money laundered from that operation went through Luxembourg; then to the Caymans, then here and donated to the Mormon Cult.
Oh, go lay another worthless piece of shit, so you can get more money from Obama Care.

Why is it that you dumbfks had no problem with Obama not showing his birth paper. Had no probelm that he took so much time doing so, and don't think nothing of his childlike behavior showing us a kids film at a WH dinner party? Why don't Obama show us all of his tax returns too? Most likely it is based on the same reason he didn't want to show his birth paper.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#767254 Oct 10, 2012
Conservative girl wrote:
<quoted text>I hope gas goes to $8 a gal in Demoncrap states. They deserve to experience the gross energy policy failure of their false prince. Hey, his schoolmate said that he boasted about being a Indonesian prince in his Hawaiian school. They were close buds.
Whether it was bravado or egotism even then, fact remains, Obama is a fake manufactured by the media as a brilliant man who will part the seas, bring peace to the world, and properity to the USA.
Wake up calling, the stupor is over, vote Romney to bring real change and restore the country. He will not pass out Kool-aid, so get off the couch and find a job losers!
Unfortunately you are typical of Romney supporter, totally ignorant and live in fear. The price of gas is determined by the world oil price and as long as there is demand it will always remain high. Romney saying he will drill more wells just shows what a dickhead he is, if you owned a goldmine would you open up another to see the price of gold drop. Not unless you were completely stupid you wouldn't. Drilling for oil is the same thing, as long as developing countries create a demand like China then it will remain high. If Romney is elected for sure the US will be in another war and that will be the final nail in the coffin. We will all have to start learning mandarin as they will be the world power. This will happen while you guys are still arguing whether you are free or not because someone says everyone pays for healthcare.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#767255 Oct 10, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Call me old fashioned but I think they should pay minimum wage and make them work for their tips. It may cause the food and beverage price to go up a bit but the service would be much better,IMO. I refuse to go any place that has a built in tip on the receipt. Tips are for rewarding good service not part of their pay,IMO. I'm a very good tipper if the service is great but goes down from there.
Once took the President and Vice-President of Honda Mexico to Hooters. The waitress took our wing and beer order and then talked to her friends across the room. I had to get up and get our beers then the wings. Even had to go to the bar for a pitcher refill. Time for the bill and there was a 18% tip built into it. I told her I wasn't paying for the tip. She called the manager and he threatened to call the cops. I said go ahead. He didn't call them but he took the tip off the bill. I wasn't even paying Honda was.
I'm sure they were impressed
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#767256 Oct 10, 2012
Tournefort wrote:
<quoted text>
"Every citizen deployed to a foreign country is told "you could be killed over there." EVERY SINGLE ONE."
Are citizens deployed in highly volatile countries warned that State WON'T increase security even when a deteriorating environment forces consulate security officers to request additional protection?
Do you swear them all in?

By now everyone has seen the photos of the US consulate in Benghazi, yellow in color with some, but not a lot of charring around the front entry and a couple of the windows. Did anyone see a fence or wall? Did anyone wonder why that building was so small, not much larger than some homes__far smaller than homes being discussed here today.

The security consisted of a couple of Libyans with cell phones?

Yet Ambassador Stevens was in that place alone? Alone? The two Ex-Seals who died were at the annex. So who exactly was so concerned about security that no precautions of any kind were taken? None Nada Zip!

Stevens could have gone to the annex__he could have gone to the main embassy in Tripoli, he could have done any number of things if he was truly in fear. But he did nothing__nothing discernible to evade or escape the well known danger.

CNN entered the building in less than 72 hours and recovered the ambassador's journal__the FBI didn't reach the building for another 72 hours citing security concerns.

Issa, already 0 for 3 will get to the bottom of it all eh?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#767257 Oct 10, 2012
FREEDOM TO SPEAK wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, go lay another worthless piece of shit, so you can get more money from Obama Care.
Why is it that you dumbfks had no problem with Obama not showing his birth paper. Had no probelm that he took so much time doing so, and don't think nothing of his childlike behavior showing us a kids film at a WH dinner party? Why don't Obama show us all of his tax returns too? Most likely it is based on the same reason he didn't want to show his birth paper.

My God, another birther.

Figures
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#767258 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Sure! They weren't paying them benefits in the first place; they're paying them $2.13 an hour! Then they have to share their tips! The customers pay their wages. Let them go out of business, who cares?
Meanwhile back at Wallyworld (to coin Flack):
Walmart workers who recently went on strike in Illinois and California appear to have inspired some of their fellow big box employees, and now it looks like the movement is going viral.
Labor leaders said Tuesday, just one day before WalmartÂ’s annual shareholder meeting, that workers at 28 stores in 12 states walked out and went on strike to demand the anti-union employer raise wages, improve working conditions and end retaliations against employees who attempt to form unions.
Raw Story ( http://s.tt/1pIox )
lots of others looking for work in the Obama Depression......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burbank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Midlo.police (Mar '12) 15 min 35 Year Resident 66
A cowardly excuse for a man 39 min Saul Moravitz 30
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 222,462
First National Bank Buildings to be Auctioned 2 hr Bob 24
Stevo at the City Council meeting 3 hr Clarify 44
State Rep 28th Bob Rita is not addressing the ... (Jul '14) 3 hr Hoodwinked Again 127
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 1,471

Burbank Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burbank Mortgages