Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1478504 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

fred

Milford, CT

#765920 Oct 9, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>If any woman in Missouri goes out and votes for the legitimate rapist, she even dumber than I expected her to be.
The day after 9/11 and the murder rape of our ambassador, the Kenyan flew to Las Vegas for a fund raiser.

America saw the Kenyan's callous disregard of his duties first hand.

Rove Video Drops Hammer on Obama:'What Did He Know and When Did he Know It?'-'Benghazi-gate'- Fox Nation http://nation.foxnews.com/benghazi-gate/2012/... …

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#765921 Oct 9, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Far as I'm concerned the whole bunch should be cut off and thrown in jail. They break the law, they go to jail. Bunch of lazy slackers, worse then rats, living off the public dollar instead of working for a living. Them and every one like them should be cut off. Take the children if they can't care for them. That goes for everywhere not just West Virginia. Children shouldn't be used to supply their parents government money. If you can't afford the children take them away till they can. Need to stop this entitlement nonsense. Work or starve.
Almost agree, but Foster Care program has been turned into welfare bonus for people who can't even take care of their own kids and are often abusive--really--so then what? "A Modest Proposal" by Jonathan Swift?
dim

Boston, MA

#765922 Oct 9, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Leave it to Lily, or not... Beat Scott Brown, in your Demorat dreams? Ted Kennedy's seat?? Did 'Ol Joe pay for that also??
I think he continued that seat as payback for murdering Mary Jo.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#765924 Oct 9, 2012
On and Melvin I have many friends up there that live just like the White's. I've told them to their face just what I said here. I don't like slackers never have.
RUSH10ME

Bowling Green, VA

#765926 Oct 9, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>It's a furlough, not a lay off, idjit...you and Faux have been trying to bury the VOLT since 2008. If I had a shorter commute and more money, I'd buy one just to piss you clowns off. Hopefully, many democrats are better off than I. "Workers at the Compact Power manufacturing facilities in Holland, Mich., run by LG Chem, have been placed on rotating furloughs, working only three weeks per month based on lack of demand for lithium-ion cells."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/08/lg-plant...
Move your cardboard box closer to the mailbox , that should shorten your commute , as for having more money just put down the liberal pipe and become a productive citizen.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#765928 Oct 9, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Almost agree, but Foster Care program has been turned into welfare bonus for people who can't even take care of their own kids and are often abusive--really--so then what? "A Modest Proposal" by Jonathan Swift?
You go on relief you get birth control under your skin from the age of being able to conceive. Babies having babies has to stop. Now I don't like government in people's business but when you live off the government I think they can make you do these things. getting government out of their lives and independent should be the goal.
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#765929 Oct 9, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
You slammed erred wrote earlier:
Republicans are to blame because: blab blab blab......
Democrats are to blame because: blab blab blab........
Which is it?
We don't have a viable 3rd, 4th, 5th........party to turn to yet!
I will make your choice easy:
Republicans work for 2-3% of the citizens -- the richest.
Democrats work for 100% of citizens!
The ACA PROVES THAT! COVERS 100%!
LAW OF THE USA!
Republicans? They have nothing! Just hot air! And a serial liar for this election.
Hey man: vote. Better. All democrat ticket. Vote for Obama.
OBAMA SUCKS AND IS WORST PRESIDENT HE MAKES bUSH LOOK HONEST
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#765930 Oct 9, 2012
yepperz wrote:
GM now hiring -- 10,000 information technology workers
General Motors announced plans yesterday to hire 10,000 additional IT workers over the next several years, far out-pacing it’s closest competitors.
The nation’s biggest automaker is moving past layoffs and the Motor City’s rusty, low-tech image in a bold and expensive move to develop software and invent the most advanced gizmos for your car, rather than buy software and other electronic applications from outside companies. Experts say it’s also the start of a trend as manufacturers realize that software is among the few things that will set them apart from competitors.[...]
General Motors Co. isn’t alone in trying to move more technology development under its roof. But the plans of its biggest competitor, Ford Motor Co., aren’t nearly as ambitious.
GM’s aims to bring 90 percent of its computer technology work into the company by recruiting workers to four new information technology centers around the nation.
No thanks to Mitt Romney, who said we should "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt".....
IF General Motors, Ford and Chrysler get the bailout that their chief executives asked for yesterday, you can kiss the American automotive industry goodbye. It won’t go overnight, but its demise will be virtually guaranteed.
This man has no business being in the White House.
According to the nonprofit Center for Automotive Research, the American auto-industry is expected to add 167,000 jobs by 2015.
http://bottomline.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/0...
And__drum roll please__after all the hoopla about the military contractors being mandated to notify employees in advance of layoffs__Lockheed Martin today confirmed that it will be laying of 200 employees.

Two hundred layoffs total.

That notification law is fkd up__where did that come from? Anyone know?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#765931 Oct 9, 2012
There is little doubt in my mind that if you cut off the government cheese to all but those that really, really need it two things will happen depending on character. One, they will steal and rob to obtain what they need. Two, they will find a job. There is only these two options. Charities can help.
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#765932 Oct 9, 2012
More Than 50 YEARS OF BLACK DEMOCRATS SAMBO RULE AND BLACKS ARE STILL THE FACE OF POVERTY IN AMERICA NOt ASIANS, NOT AFRICANS FROM THE CONTINENT, NOT INDIANS FROM INDIA OR PAK,BORN AND BRED BLACK americans foodsTAMPs section 8 (LOL) welfare,poverty, put a black face on it gET A GROCERY STORE IN A black COMMUNITY and collect welface off their ebt card because they don't own the businesses in their community obama lololol
dim

Boston, MA

#765933 Oct 9, 2012
yepperz wrote:
GM now hiring -- 10,000 information technology workers
General Motors announced plans yesterday to hire 10,000 additional IT workers over the next several years, far out-pacing it’s closest competitors.
The nation’s biggest automaker is moving past layoffs and the Motor City’s rusty, low-tech image in a bold and expensive move to develop software and invent the most advanced gizmos for your car, rather than buy software and other electronic applications from outside companies. Experts say it’s also the start of a trend as manufacturers realize that software is among the few things that will set them apart from competitors.[...]
General Motors Co. isn’t alone in trying to move more technology development under its roof. But the plans of its biggest competitor, Ford Motor Co., aren’t nearly as ambitious.
GM’s aims to bring 90 percent of its computer technology work into the company by recruiting workers to four new information technology centers around the nation.
No thanks to Mitt Romney, who said we should "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt".....
IF General Motors, Ford and Chrysler get the bailout that their chief executives asked for yesterday, you can kiss the American automotive industry goodbye. It won’t go overnight, but its demise will be virtually guaranteed.
This man has no business being in the White House.
According to the nonprofit Center for Automotive Research, the American auto-industry is expected to add 167,000 jobs by 2015.
http://bottomline.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/0...
I love the way you on the left who always berated those "evil corporations" now go to their church. It's comical watching you now "believe" "the man".

We will see see who has the last laugh, and I have a feeling it will be G.M., not you.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#765934 Oct 9, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You go on relief you get birth control under your skin from the age of being able to conceive. Babies having babies has to stop. Now I don't like government in people's business but when you live off the government I think they can make you do these things. getting government out of their lives and independent should be the goal.
In case you haven't read it, "A Modest Proposal for Preventing the Children of Poor People From Being a Burden on Their Parents or Country, and for Making Them Beneficial to the Publick,[1] commonly referred to as A Modest Proposal, is a Juvenalian satirical essay written and published anonymously by Jonathan Swift in 1729. Swift suggests that impoverished Irish might ease their economic troubles by selling their children as food for rich gentlemen and ladies.[2] This satirical hyperbole mocks heartless attitudes towards the poor, as well as Irish policy in general.

In English writing, the phrase "a modest proposal" is now conventionally an allusion to this style of straight-faced satire."

A hell of a lot of people don't care about their own kids, let alone somebody else's...there in lies the rub.
carol

Orlando, FL

#765935 Oct 9, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO, based on the number of google entries going way back it's my guess that plenty of folks know about the shadier side of Mormonism but with that kind of money the group can sort of purchase influence.
You may remember the Howard Hughes court proceedings many years ago in Clark County NV (Vegas) and how ordinary folks were aghast that Las Vegas was not controlled by the mob but by Mormons whose tactics were not much different. You may also remember that Hughes also had friends at the pinnacle of US Intel.
Flash forward to the Warren Jeffs trial and we learn that not much has changed__that there remain scores of Mormon settlements that sponge off of local, state and federal governments for all their needs.
Is this as bad as Joe Kennedy's affiliation with the mafia who some speculate helped to get his son, JFK, elected and who others believe were behind the assassination after JFK turned on them once in office?

Of course, that's just speculation.

Or Herbert von Dirksen, the German ambassador to the United Kingdom, who met with Joe Kennedy in London and claimed Joe told him "it was not so much the fact that we want to get rid of the Jews that was so harmful to us, but rather the loud clamor with which we accompanied this purpose."

Of course, that, too, could just be speculation.

Sort of like your speculation and claims about Mormons.
Bill

Miami, FL

#765937 Oct 9, 2012
Jonathan Hemlock wrote:
<quoted text>TYPICAL BLACK DEMOCRAT RACISTS BIGOT SEXISTS, HOMOPHOBE CLASSLESS BLACK DEMOCRAT OBAMA SUPPORTER A REAL HONEYBUCKET OF THE BLACE DEMOCRAT RACE the ChILDREN LEARN THIS FROM THEIR FAMILIES
You sure hes black?

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#765938 Oct 9, 2012
dim wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the way you on the left who always berated those "evil corporations" now go to their church. It's comical watching you now "believe" "the man".
We will see see who has the last laugh, and I have a feeling it will be G.M., not you.
Next time you think about posting why not just pass gas.

Alot of people will be very happy to get one of those jobs you sad little cretin. I am glad for them.
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#765939 Oct 9, 2012
I have never seen a DEMOCRAT POSTER OR AD THAT SHOWS ASIANS,BLACK AFRICANS REAL AFRICANS THEY BECOME LAWYERS AND DOCTORS THEy DON'T BY INTO THE WHOLE POVERTY IS GOOD THAT BLACK AMERICANS BUY INTO, AFRICAN AMERICAN FOOLS RACISTS BIGOTS HOLD THEMSELVES BACK WHEN OBAMA IS GONE NO ONE WILL SEE YOU JUST LIKE THE CBC NOBODY SEES THEM NOT EVEN OBAMA WHERE ARE THE CBC

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#765940 Oct 9, 2012
Tashinkewitko wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you my daddy?
I did father a child with some liberal fluzy I never saw again when I was tripping on LSD in the liberal land of Oz in 1936. Could be, but I'm still tripping, like most libs. Hmmm....
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#765942 Oct 9, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>In case you haven't read it, "A Modest Proposal for Preventing the Children of Poor People From Being a Burden on Their Parents or Country, and for Making Them Beneficial to the Publick,[1] commonly referred to as A Modest Proposal, is a Juvenalian satirical essay written and published anonymously by Jonathan Swift in 1729. Swift suggests that impoverished Irish might ease their economic troubles by selling their children as food for rich gentlemen and ladies.[2] This satirical hyperbole mocks heartless attitudes towards the poor, as well as Irish policy in general.
In English writing, the phrase "a modest proposal" is now conventionally an allusion to this style of straight-faced satire."
A hell of a lot of people don't care about their own kids, let alone somebody else's...there in lies the rub.
MOST BLACK CHilDREn DON't MAKE IT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL the ASIANS DO THE BLACK AFRICANS DO INDIANS DO BLACK AFRICAN AMERICANS DON'T WHY IF THE CHILDREN FAIL SO DO THE RACE
Bill

Miami, FL

#765944 Oct 9, 2012
Jonathan Hemlock wrote:
More Than 50 YEARS OF BLACK DEMOCRATS SAMBO RULE AND BLACKS ARE STILL THE FACE OF POVERTY IN AMERICA NOt ASIANS, NOT AFRICANS FROM THE CONTINENT, NOT INDIANS FROM INDIA OR PAK,BORN AND BRED BLACK americans foodsTAMPs section 8 (LOL) welfare,poverty, put a black face on it gET A GROCERY STORE IN A black COMMUNITY and collect welface off their ebt card because they don't own the businesses in their community obama lololol
Insanity = Doing the same thing over & over again, expecting a different result. Insanity = Blacks voting Democrat over & over again, expecting a different result. MEMO TO ALL BLACKS: What the hell have you got to lose by voting Republican? You haven't gotten squat from Dems in over 50 years.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#765947 Oct 9, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>In case you haven't read it, "A Modest Proposal for Preventing the Children of Poor People From Being a Burden on Their Parents or Country, and for Making Them Beneficial to the Publick,[1] commonly referred to as A Modest Proposal, is a Juvenalian satirical essay written and published anonymously by Jonathan Swift in 1729. Swift suggests that impoverished Irish might ease their economic troubles by selling their children as food for rich gentlemen and ladies.[2] This satirical hyperbole mocks heartless attitudes towards the poor, as well as Irish policy in general.
Don't I know it. I see it every day. I have heard of Swift. Wasn't familiar with that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Burbank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Dr Guru 233,791
Joe Gatrell's vaunted slate 11 min BI Taxpayers First 75
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 23 min RACE 10,031
Ménage a Trois 24 min lol 9
Searching for a body in the canal 31 min BI Taxpayers First 23
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 36 min TRD 71,303
who is running for blue island mayor april 4, ... 39 min BI Taxpayers First 49

Burbank Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Burbank Mortgages