who do you want to be the next rapide...
Vote NO

Pineville, LA

#19813 Mar 11, 2013
Nothing like a die hard Obama Democrat like Hilton himself wanting to renew taxes. Hilton is a tax and political spend Democrat. Taxed Enough Already!
Vote NO

Pineville, LA

#19814 Mar 11, 2013
May 4th! I am sure no one wants anyone to know about it. MAY 4TH MAY 4TH MAY 4TH
really

Pineville, LA

#19815 Mar 11, 2013
seriously? Another renewal? Not like we havn't been taxed out our butts, especially with Obama. Now Hilton wants us to renew a tax after the colosium and library tax. Give me a break!
ABM Inc

Pineville, LA

#19816 Mar 11, 2013
really wrote:
seriously? Another renewal? Not like we havn't been taxed out our butts, especially with Obama. Now Hilton wants us to renew a tax after the colosium and library tax. Give me a break!
Does anyone really believe that if Chuck would have won he would not be promoting the passage of this property tax RENEWAL?
Luke cage

Duluth, GA

#19817 Mar 12, 2013
You people bellyache about everything until you need the service provided by the tax. Have you even researched the tax to see what services is provided by it. When You do, list which of the service provided you researched you are willing to see done away with.
just a thought

Houston, TX

#19818 Mar 12, 2013
When somebody breaks into your home and you call 911 and it takes somebody 20 to 30 minutes to get there because they are on a call and there's only two deputies working on a certain side of the parish at a time what will you say about that tax then when you're getting robbed Beaten or even killed. When the tax goes away So do your services. The deputies will not be as many as there were in the parish to help cover. The parish will go downhill because the crime rate will exceed substantially. You are already paying this tax it will cost you more in the long run to vote it down.
Luke cage

Oklahoma City, OK

#19819 Mar 12, 2013
ABM Inc wrote:
<quoted text>Does anyone really believe that if Chuck would have won he would not be promoting the passage of this property tax RENEWAL?
Remember he wasn't a politician, and it takes political savvy to get this done. BUT SINCE HE WAS a working Sheriff, he could cover the zone s that would be short-handed, the jails that would be short-handed and many other services that would be short.
Woodworth

Ville Platte, LA

#19820 Mar 12, 2013
just a thought wrote:
When somebody breaks into your home and you call 911 and it takes somebody 20 to 30 minutes to get there because they are on a call and there's only two deputies working on a certain side of the parish at a time what will you say about that tax then when you're getting robbed Beaten or even killed. When the tax goes away So do your services. The deputies will not be as many as there were in the parish to help cover. The parish will go downhill because the crime rate will exceed substantially. You are already paying this tax it will cost you more in the long run to vote it down.
Man we have this already with the tax. So there will be no need for renewal.
Woodworth

Ville Platte, LA

#19821 Mar 12, 2013
Calling on the voters to defeat tax renewal. Time to trim the dead weight out of RPSO. All them political hires and raises Hilton handed out need to go. Now he is crying to get the tax renewal only to support his wild spending.
ABM Inc

Pineville, LA

#19822 Mar 12, 2013
Luke cage wrote:
You people bellyache about everything until you need the service provided by the tax. Have you even researched the tax to see what services is provided by it. When You do, list which of the service provided you researched you are willing to see done away with.
HUH???
Red on the butt

Pineville, LA

#19823 Mar 12, 2013
RPSO has dead weight now and it had it 10 years ago. THey can get more uniformed deputies in cars answering calls and do with a lot less supervisors. What they pay a captain and major and chief they can pay a patrol deputy. The detectives have too many deadheads not working for their keep either. Too much rank, very little work in return. There is and always has been dead weight. It is politics. There are many great people working there and are doing their work but too many have that "I have paid my dues" attitude and just draw a check.
just a thought

United States

#19824 Mar 13, 2013
You have that in every department but if you defeat the tax then the small towns that need help won't get it. Hilton has detectives helping the smaller towns so that so much work won't fall back on the sheriffs office. You also have a lot of good deputies that will loose their jobs. Lets not forget to that many asked for the j debedie prison workers to keep their jobs where do you think they went. So you want to defeat the tax the. Don't complain when you need a sheriff deputy and they are to busy to get to you.
come on

Pineville, LA

#19825 Mar 13, 2013
Woodworth wrote:
Calling on the voters to defeat tax renewal. Time to trim the dead weight out of RPSO. All them political hires and raises Hilton handed out need to go. Now he is crying to get the tax renewal only to support his wild spending.
You do realize that this is not a new tax right? It's a renewal of one that everyone has been paying for the last 30 years and comes up every 15 for renewal? And how big of an asshole do you have to be to just want to defeat it because you whine about dead heads. It won't be the dead heads that get cut......it'll be the ones that do work hard and need a job. Your pathetic to wanna bring down RPSO so damn bad because you didn't get your way in the election you cryin ass bitch.
TEA

Pineville, LA

#19826 Mar 13, 2013
just a thought wrote:
Yes, fearmongering at its best. "Pay us or you will surely die."
Woodworth

Ville Platte, LA

#19827 Mar 13, 2013
come on wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that this is not a new tax right? It's a renewal of one that everyone has been paying for the last 30 years and comes up every 15 for renewal? And how big of an asshole do you have to be to just want to defeat it because you whine about dead heads. It won't be the dead heads that get cut......it'll be the ones that do work hard and need a job. Your pathetic to wanna bring down RPSO so damn bad because you didn't get your way in the election you cryin ass bitch.
Yep it is a renewal. Needs to be defeated. And what is in it for you?
just a thought

Houston, TX

#19828 Mar 13, 2013
TEA wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, fearmongering at its best. "Pay us or you will surely die."
Ok so you will mostly likely be the first person to complain when someone gets hurt and say that we need more deputies but are not prepared to pay for them. This tax has been there for a while it is a renewal not a new tax. If you are tired of paying taxes join the sovereigns citizens and be an outlaw.
come on

Oklahoma City, OK

#19829 Mar 13, 2013
Woodworth wrote:
<quoted text>Yep it is a renewal. Needs to be defeated. And what is in it for you?
My job to support my family??
Lori buxton laprairie

Pineville, LA

#19830 Mar 13, 2013
Help wrote:
Bobby Cameron will never be Sheriff!!alexandria is 52-53 % black, The rest of the parish is way less than that! If he got every black vote in the parish it would not be enough to elect him! The rural areas have consistently through the years been anti black! Cameron and Creecy are responsible for all the positions being given to the blacks!
Bobby would have a lot more than just the black vote he would have mixed votes and plenty white voters he is so well respected and looked up to by everyone in this city I know I would be first in line to vote for Cameron and would brings many other white mixed and black voters with me if he ran he would win!!!!!
Lori buxton laprairie

Pineville, LA

#19831 Mar 13, 2013
Bobby has served this community with various departments and deserves to be the next sheriff and I definitely hope he runs he would also be the beat sheriff this community could ever hope for !!!'
Woodworth

Ville Platte, LA

#19832 Mar 13, 2013
Lori buxton laprairie wrote:
<quoted text> Bobby would have a lot more than just the black vote he would have mixed votes and plenty white voters he is so well respected and looked up to by everyone in this city I know I would be first in line to vote for Cameron and would brings many other white mixed and black voters with me if he ran he would win!!!!!
Hilton is grooming Wood to take his place. So Cameron needs to be sure and throw his hat in the ring.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bunkie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Alexandria, Louisiana downtown area ever g... 5 hr Long Time Resident 2
Lesbians for Juvenile Judge Tue TaintTrue 5
Mardi Gras Holidays for Rapides Parish Schools/... Feb 5 Skillet 5
DA Employee who Embezzled Money.... Feb 1 Kardashian Hater 55
Shorty Roy for U.S. Senate? Jan 31 Broke and tired o... 8
convucted volunteer fireman sex offenders Jan 28 ThisSh_tCray 4
Rapides Parish Narcotics In-House Investigation (Aug '11) Jan 26 icanbeme2 192
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bunkie Mortgages