Filipino teachers join Avoyelles midd...

Filipino teachers join Avoyelles middle schools

Posted in the Bunkie Forum

Allison Briley

Chino Hills, CA

#1 Aug 10, 2008
The teacher is worlds away from her home, but still she smiles, saying, "We believe we can make a difference here." And the Avoyelles Parish School District agrees.

Full Article Available at: www.thetowntalk.com

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME...
In another news article posted on this site, I was reading about the ACLU investigating Bunkie Police for Racial Profiling. Which makes me wonder why this story has the following headline -Filipino teachers join Avoyelles Middle Schools. Why not entitle the article Avoyelles Middle Schools Welcome New Teachers with High Credentials?! But, I guess that would be dumb to do that since RACE apparently does play such a big role and RACE makes a difference?!!! Okay, I'm confused now...referencing Filipino really made all the difference in the world. NOT!!!

Signed:
Allison Briley (White)
Mother of 3 (Black) kids
and step-mom to 1 (Mexican) kid

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bunkie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roy "Bubba" James candidate for Sheriff of Rapi... 5 hr Anonymous 45
Debate: Gay Marriage - Alexandria, LA (Aug '11) Mon anons mom 22
News Avoyelles sex offenders accused of failure to r... Sun Poodle Lover 3
who do you want to be the next rapides parish s... (Mar '11) Sun Grammar Police 19,930
Downtown insanity Jul 30 Nodameen 7
News 'RADD-ical' plan would transform downtown Alexa... Jul 26 Skillet 14
Mack Price Jul 23 gosh 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bunkie Mortgages