Should State Ban 'Fox Penning'?

Jan 26, 2012 Full story: Fredericksburg.com

In fox penning, foxes are trapped and put into a fenced and wooded enclosure, where hunters release their dogs to chase the foxes.

Full Story
DoWhat

United States

#1 Jan 30, 2012
Like shooting fish in a barrel. As smart as foxes are what chance do they stand against dogs in an enclosure?

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

This is a barbaric practice that needs to end. While the state is at it, how about ending deer hunting w/dogs!
sleepy

Colonial Beach, VA

#2 Jan 31, 2012
]Like shooting fish in a barrel. As smart as foxes are what chance do they stand against dogs in an enclosure?
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
This is a barbaric practice that needs to end. While the state is at it, how about ending deer hunting w/dogs!
Have you ever been to a fox trial if you haven't then you can't judge the sport these is a family oriented event I would not believe any man or women would bring there kids to a barbariac event soo you need to go to some fox trials before judging us have you ever heard the old saying ( old sly fox ) its a very true statement!!!!!!!
DoWhat

Stafford, VA

#3 Feb 2, 2012
sleepy wrote:
]Like shooting fish in a barrel. As smart as foxes are what chance do they stand against dogs in an enclosure?
Have you ever been to a fox trial if you haven't then you can't judge the sport these is a family oriented event I would not believe any man or women would bring there kids to a barbariac event soo you need to go to some fox trials before judging us have you ever heard the old saying ( old sly fox ) its a very true statement!!
Let me get this right..because YOU considered killing foxes that
are confined in an enclosed arena a "family oriented event" it's okay? Guess you go to dogfights too? Please, do you really think this is healthy event for children? We know the adults are beyond hope but to expose children to this heinous event is beyond the pale.
I went to my local fox pen owned and operated by the Goodman's on Belches Rd. so I have keen insight into what actually happens. Spare me. It's barbaric.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bumpass Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lake caroline news (Nov '09) Dec 15 Ladysmith 13
News Theories for 2011 Louisa Earthquake Dec 12 Tom 1
Did Lake Land'Or ever get Comcast Broadband? Nov 23 Matt 5
Review: Thornburg Auto & Truck Repair Oct '14 Thornburg Auto 2
Montepelier Speed Trap Oct '14 Um huh 1
Kelci Filback (Nov '11) Oct '14 Thats right 6
I'm about to me to Lake Land Or am I stupid? (Apr '08) Oct '14 NEVER AGAIN 52
Bumpass Dating
Find my Match

Bumpass People Search