Female Inmate Dies After Medical 'Epi...

Female Inmate Dies After Medical 'Episode' In Jail

There are 78 comments on the The Greenville Sun story from Aug 21, 2017, titled Female Inmate Dies After Medical 'Episode' In Jail. In it, The Greenville Sun reports that:

A 30-year-old Morristown woman booked into the Greene County Detention Center early Saturday had a medical "episode" about six hours later and was pronounced dead Saturday morning at Laughlin Memorial Hospital. Rachel Lynne Reinhardt, 30, of Clearview Road, was booked into the jail about 3:40 a.m. Saturday on a violation of probation warrant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Greenville Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Slayer

United States

#1 Aug 22, 2017
What was her medical episode
Bacon man

Ann Arbor, MI

#2 Aug 22, 2017
One of those worthless fat assed cops probably fell on her.
Knows

United States

#3 Aug 22, 2017
She came from another county's jail and Greene county wasn't going to take her because she wasn't medically cleared. The other county cleared her to get her moved, but did not notify medical staff here that she was a heart patient with a malfunctioning pacemaker.
Max Planck

Hickory, NC

#5 Aug 22, 2017
Knows wrote:
She came from another county's jail and Greene county wasn't going to take her because she wasn't medically cleared. The other county cleared her to get her moved, but did not notify medical staff here that she was a heart patient with a malfunctioning pacemaker.
So, Greene County accepted her anyway with no regard for any pre-existing medical condition, correct?
Their negligence was directly responsible for her death....no matter how they spin it.
The nurses there are some throwback from the Third Reich.... their pre-incarceration physical consists of taking your blood pressure.
These are the same people that ignored a pregnant woman's request for assistance and wound up with a deceased baby in the toilet.
Excuse me for being so blunt but the world should know.
They will have this factual post deleted.
Anyway, my condolences go out to that woman's family.... I can only hope that they retain a lawyer from out of town.
usa

United States

#6 Aug 22, 2017
Max Planck wrote:
<quoted text>

So, Greene County accepted her anyway with no regard for any pre-existing medical condition, correct?
Their negligence was directly responsible for her death....no matter how they spin it.
The nurses there are some throwback from the Third Reich.... their pre-incarceration physical consists of taking your blood pressure.
These are the same people that ignored a pregnant woman's request for assistance and wound up with a deceased baby in the toilet.
Anyway, my condolences go out to that woman's family.... I can only hope that they retain a lawyer from out of town.
Great a baby doesn't have to grow up with a felon mom.cheaper than paying her government money for a kid that wouldn't have a chance. ty Greene county

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Max Planck

Hickory, NC

#7 Aug 22, 2017
Max Planck wrote:
<quoted text>

I would bet she made her physical condition known.... they ask questions regarding that.
Either way, they are legally and ethically responsible to make sure that this type of instance does not occur.
They knew full well....but that jail rent was more important to them than the physical well being of another poor soul that died in their custody.
How sad....and criminal.
usa

United States

#8 Aug 22, 2017
Max Planck wrote:
<quoted text>

I would bet she made her physical condition known.... they ask questions regarding that.
Either way, they are legally and ethically responsible to make sure that this type of instance does not occur.
They knew full well....but that jail rent was more important to them than the physical well being of another poor soul that died in their custody.
How sad....and criminal.
No dumb ass she's the fkn criminal, it's called jail not er
Max Planck

Hickory, NC

#9 Aug 22, 2017
usa wrote:
<quoted text>
Great a baby doesn't have to grow up with a felon mom.cheaper than paying her government money for a kid that wouldn't have a chance. ty Greene county
Did you burst into flames the moment you posted that?
I thought Heinrich Himmler died.
Max Planck

Hickory, NC

#10 Aug 22, 2017
usa wrote:
<quoted text>

So, you think that people with pre-existing medical conditions should be exterminated through incarceration?
Probably a Satanist too, correct?
Maybe you should spend a little less time focusing on others and polish your grammatical skills so people with triple-digit intelligence quotients can take you seriously.
Furthermore, I bet you really love living in Greene County, don't you, Himmler?
usa

United States

#11 Aug 22, 2017
Max Planck wrote:
<quoted text>

Did you burst into flames the moment you posted that?
I thought Heinrich Himmler died.
One scumbag criminal defending another scumbag criminal. Can tell you've been to that jail,you know the process. MAGA
Max Planck

Hickory, NC

#12 Aug 22, 2017
usa wrote:
<quoted text>

You're getting very emotional now, aren't you?
Perhaps you should swing by the jail and allow them to take your blood pressure.
Max Planck

Hickory, NC

#13 Aug 22, 2017
usa wrote:
<quoted text>

One scumbag criminal defending another scumbag criminal. Can tell you've been to that jail,you know the process. MAGA
I have never been ashamed of the fact that I have been incarcerated.
My references to 'being in sales' in my youth being a veiled reference that everyone on this site understands.
It gave me insight into a world I didn't know existed....and added to my wealth of knowledge and experience.
Get over it.
Max Planck

Hickory, NC

#14 Aug 22, 2017
usa wrote:
<quoted text>

What was your blood pressure reading, Heinrich?
Max Planck

Hickory, NC

#16 Aug 22, 2017
usa wrote:
<quoted text>

Speaking of knowing the process, you seem intimately familiar with the entrance procedures as well.
Did you remember to purchase some clean urine for your upcoming visit with your probation officer?
At least you can hide it inside your vagina.
You do understand that if you just pay everything off they downgrade your probationary status from supervised to unsupervised, right?
That was the case in '94 anyway.
well

Morristown, TN

#18 Aug 22, 2017
Knows wrote:
So the other county's jail is responsible basically? I mean, they cleared her, correct?
Max Planck

Hickory, NC

#19 Aug 22, 2017
well wrote:
<quoted text>

So the other county's jail is responsible basically? I mean, they cleared her, correct?
No, it is the responsibility of Greene County Detention Center to unilaterally decide whether incarceration poses a risk to one's health and take all pre-existing medical conditions into account when doing so.
Even GCDC isn't dumb enough to field that defense.... their best course of action is to pay the woman's family off before they win a seven-figure lawsuit.
Max Planck

Hickory, NC

#20 Aug 22, 2017
Max Planck wrote:
<quoted text>

No, it is the responsibility of Greene County Detention Center to unilaterally decide whether incarceration poses a risk to one's health and take all pre-existing medical conditions into account when doing so.
Even GCDC isn't dumb enough to field that defense.... their best course of action is to pay the woman's family off before they win a seven-figure lawsuit.
Either way, the taxpayers of Greene County pay the bill so law enforcement and the detention facility don't care.
Therein lies the problem.
Max Planck

Hickory, NC

#21 Aug 22, 2017
usa wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if she remained on welfare with 764 children for a century it would have been considerably less expensive than the total that the taxpayers of Greene County will be paying.
Max Planck

Hickory, NC

#22 Aug 22, 2017
Max Planck wrote:
<quoted text>

Actually, if she remained on welfare with 764 children for a century it would have been considerably less expensive than the total that the taxpayers of Greene County will be paying.
The above was a purely hypothetical scenario I used to highlight the insanity of USA's illogical post.
I was not implying that the lady was or ever has been on any type of government assistance.

Since: Dec 14

Location hidden

#23 Aug 22, 2017
usa wrote:
<quoted text>

Outside of the fact that you are making an ad hominem, your morality on the issue is reprehensible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bulls Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free school supplies 26 min AMY J 12
Hawkins County Mayors election 4 hr Truth 39
Becky Fields 4 hr Anonymous 10
Neibert 5 hr Just saying 3
Thug with pit bulls 6 hr Proud cracker 15
Who's Cheating on Who in Mohawk (Jul '13) 8 hr NeverGonnaBeMe 15
Grass clippings in the road. 9 hr Mr MowItAll 14

Bulls Gap Jobs

Personal Finance

Bulls Gap Mortgages