11E Widening Studied From I-81 To Mor...

11E Widening Studied From I-81 To Morristown

There are 16 comments on the The Greenville Sun story from Jul 11, 2009, titled 11E Widening Studied From I-81 To Morristown. In it, The Greenville Sun reports that:

The Tennessee Department of Transportation will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, July 14, to discuss proposed improvements to U.S. Highway 11E from Morristown to Interstate 81 in Mosheim -- including widening the heavily used road from two to four lanes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Greenville Sun.

stirrer

United States

#1 Jul 12, 2009
why do we have to find out things that are happening in morristown, in the greenville paper instead of our beloved "citizen tribune"?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 Jul 13, 2009
I agree. I have found that over the years I get more "local" news from the News Sentinel than the Tribune.
TribuneSucks

Brentwood, TN

#3 Jul 13, 2009
So, I am not the only one who has noticed this?

Remember when the city of Morristown "accidentally" dumped like a million gallons of RAW SEWAGE into Cherokee Lake last year? Yep, the Citizen Tribune had an article on it on... oh... PAGE 8!!! In their article, they assured their readers that the lake was totally safe to swim in.... well, I knew better and did not go to the lake last year.

Sure enough, there were several confirmed cases of Hepatitis in Mooresburg later that year, ALL LINKED TO THE DUMPED RAW SEWAGE.

The Citizen Tribune sucks!
renaming ceremony

Morristown, TN

#4 Jul 13, 2009
TribuneSucks wrote:
So, I am not the only one who has noticed this?
Remember when the city of Morristown "accidentally" dumped like a million gallons of RAW SEWAGE into Cherokee Lake last year? Yep, the Citizen Tribune had an article on it on... oh... PAGE 8!!! In their article, they assured their readers that the lake was totally safe to swim in.... well, I knew better and did not go to the lake last year.
Sure enough, there were several confirmed cases of Hepatitis in Mooresburg later that year, ALL LINKED TO THE DUMPED RAW SEWAGE.
The Citizen Tribune sucks!
Can we officially agree as Topix illustrious commentators that The Citizen Tribune should be renamed the Shitizen Tribute? It's a worthless, postage stamp sized rag.
For sure

Morristown, TN

#5 Jul 13, 2009
Name it what you want, call it what you want, it is not going to get any better. What you see is what you get, and will continue to get. We will have to settle for this, now and forevermore because it ain't gonna change.

Since: Oct 08

Nashville, TN

#6 Jul 13, 2009
TribuneSucks wrote:
So, I am not the only one who has noticed this?
Remember when the city of Morristown "accidentally" dumped like a million gallons of RAW SEWAGE into Cherokee Lake last year? Yep, the Citizen Tribune had an article on it on... oh... PAGE 8!!! In their article, they assured their readers that the lake was totally safe to swim in.... well, I knew better and did not go to the lake last year.
Sure enough, there were several confirmed cases of Hepatitis in Mooresburg later that year, ALL LINKED TO THE DUMPED RAW SEWAGE.
The Citizen Tribune sucks!
i'm prety sure they linked the hep cases to a community well in mooresburg, not cherokee lake. if you'd read the knox news sentinel, you'd know this.
This Guy

New Tazewell, TN

#7 Jul 13, 2009
TribuneSucks wrote:
...
Remember when the city of Morristown "accidentally" dumped like a million gallons of RAW SEWAGE into Cherokee Lake last year?...
WHAT !!!??

Last year? About what time?

I had caught some really "different" looking fish not too far from the plant last year.

They looked pretty odd. Hardly any fins and awfully soft.

Being the curious type...I couldn't resist frying a few up just to see how they were.

The wife kept complaining about the smell --- but you know how wives are when you bring in fish.

Well...I had'em all....but now...I'm kinda feeling a little nervous.
TribuneSucks

Brentwood, TN

#8 Jul 14, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not making this up. I wrote a research paper on it last semester, and maybe you should start checking out other sources, as well. Go to Time Magazine's website and search through the archives. Even Time Magazine wrote an article on it and suggested that the outbreak came from the "accidental" raw sewage that was dumped. Sorry, but I would trust Time Magazine over the Knoxville News Sentinel anyday.

To be exact, it was 250,000 gallons of raw sewage that was dumped. They said not to worry--I knew better... the water doesn't flow that swiftly at the lake to clear it all out. GROSS! Needless to say, I left my boat sitting at the lake last year and did not go out at all.
mo-town wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm prety sure they linked the hep cases to a community well in mooresburg, not cherokee lake. if you'd read the knox news sentinel, you'd know this.
gotta know

Morristown, TN

#9 Jul 15, 2009
Well, did anyone attend this meeting last night?, if so, please tell us about it.
Floaters

New Tazewell, TN

#10 Jul 15, 2009
gotta know wrote:
Well, did anyone attend this meeting last night?, if so, please tell us about it.
Please...Did they discuss FLOATERS ?

Since: Oct 08

Nashville, TN

#11 Jul 15, 2009
gotta know wrote:
Well, did anyone attend this meeting last night?, if so, please tell us about it.
i was there, for a short time, till i figured out that it wasn't going to affect me much and that instead of widening 11e, they are just going to build a 4 lane through farm land. most of what i could tell, it's going to make the 4 lane highway a couple of miles longer.

Alt A will be 14.5 miles, cost $225,444,939.00 displace 67 resident and 38 businesses.

Alt B will be 14.2 miles, cost $227,217,595.00, displace 58 residence, 38 busnisses.

Alt C-modified 15.7 miles, cost $292,026,512.00, displace 112 residence, 38 businesses.

i tried to find a link online for the proposed routes, but couldn't find any at t-dot, but there is copys at the library.

Since: Oct 08

Nashville, TN

#12 Jul 15, 2009
TribuneSucks wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not making this up. I wrote a research paper on it last semester, and maybe you should start checking out other sources, as well. Go to Time Magazine's website and search through the archives. Even Time Magazine wrote an article on it and suggested that the outbreak came from the "accidental" raw sewage that was dumped. Sorry, but I would trust Time Magazine over the Knoxville News Sentinel anyday.
To be exact, it was 250,000 gallons of raw sewage that was dumped. They said not to worry--I knew better... the water doesn't flow that swiftly at the lake to clear it all out. GROSS! Needless to say, I left my boat sitting at the lake last year and did not go out at all.
<quoted text>
your research paper was apparently wrong..
http://www.timesnews.net/article.php...

http://m.knoxnews.com/news/2008/Jun/18/privat...

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/jun/17/well...
Ben

Morristown, TN

#13 Dec 20, 2011
I just wonder how 11E will be widened through Bulls Gap? Will it bypass downtown?

Since: Jun 11

Clinton, SC

#14 Dec 20, 2011
Plans are to bypass the town
Ben

Morristown, TN

#15 Dec 21, 2011
Which way will it bypass town?
Freak McNasty

Madison, TN

#16 Dec 21, 2011
I would like to build an adult resort in the area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bulls Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wheel tax 1 hr Interesting 73
Chad Spears/No drivers licensce 5 hr wondering 1
do you know anyone driving on expired tags or l... (Jun '08) 8 hr thebaldone2005 136
Dee/Destiny Lawson 9 hr Destiny 2
In search of landscaper 12 hr flower_power 4
News Three accused in food stamp fraud scheme in Haw... (Sep '09) 14 hr Cobra 66
elizabeth johns 17 hr truckman 3

Bulls Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bulls Gap Mortgages