boy tied to tree dies

boy tied to tree dies

There are 9 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 13, 2008, titled boy tied to tree dies. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A couple accused of tying their 13-year-old son to a tree for two nights to punish him for disobedience has been charged with murder in his death, authorities said Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

MadProud

Madison, WI

#2 Jun 13, 2008
This is not just a murder of their child. They left him out to suffer. Can you imagine what thoughts were crossing this poor child's mind in his final hours. He died. Many, many other children do not die, but they experience this type of neglect and violence on a daily basis too. It is incomprehensible to understand how as a society we are supposed to welcome, encourage and nurture poor young souls born to monsters like this. Punishment by death takes two ruthless rouges off the face of the Earth. Unfortunately, it does next to nothing to the countless adults out there raising children by the same school of hard knocks mentality. I can't think of many other stories I have read that are truly this SICK.
addi

Oswego, IL

#3 Jun 13, 2008
They should be punished the same way. They don't deserve to live.
come on now

Georgetown, TX

#4 Jun 13, 2008
THE PARENTS NEED TO BE PUT TO DEATH IMMEDIATELY. wHAT IS GOIG IN THERE HEADS. CRUEL VERY CRUEL
Angie

Naperville, IL

#5 Jun 13, 2008
That was really extreme. I bet they've handed out other types of cruel punishments in the past. Overnight tied to a tree? There's just no way this was the first time they came up with such cruelty. They literally carried their sorry @zzes to bed that night with their son chained up outside. psychos.
LOL

San Francisco, CA

#6 Jun 13, 2008
The charge is Felony Child Abuse? Are you kidding me?
MDK

United States

#7 Jun 14, 2008
They should get parents of the year award. Bunch of rednecks!
The Nerd

Lawrenceville, GA

#8 Jun 14, 2008
Punishing a child by "killing him/her" for disobedience is wrong and uncalled for!(Are you listening to that, Jerry Hobbs?) These two should get the death penalty for hog tying their teenage son!! I swear to God they MUST DIE!!!!! SO HELP ME THEY MUST DIE!!!!! DEATH TO CHILD ABUSERS!!!!
Liz

United States

#9 Jun 17, 2008
This child lost his mother to cancer a few years ago, she was said to be a nice woman and a school teacher. I am sure her only concern when dieing was that her children would be well cared for. For the father and stepmother to torture this child and leave him tied to a tree for 18 hrs, is unforgivable. No food or water, that I know of. Bugs and 90 degree temp. that night they went out roller bladeing with the other two children. They should feel his pain, in jail and cry like he did.
abe

AOL

#10 Nov 12, 2012
Well, well, well this boy is 13 years old, I hope their names are blasted on every site possible, shame on them, he must have been so scared, hope his so called papa go to hell and the suppose to be now mother hell on her too, why didn't the boy scream, I hope the judge pass down the most horrible punishment on them, so sad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bullock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vanceboro Music Forum (Nov '12) Sep '16 Musikologist 13
Election Who do you support for State Senate in North Ca... (Oct '10) Sep '16 Wicked 26
News Vanceboro family featured on 'Wife Swap' (Mar '09) Aug '16 FFS People 17
News Still believe in global warming? (Dec '07) Feb '16 Deadpool 242
News From ABC-11 a (Nov '15) Nov '15 Lee 1
News Events happening this week around the Valley (Apr '15) Apr '15 ApePeeD 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Feb '11 American 26

Bullock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bullock Mortgages