Gwinnett family wants criminal charges against officers who shot loved one

Mar 11, 2012 Full story: CBS Atlanta

It's been nearly three months since Gwinnett County police shot and killed 15-year-old Dawntrae Williams at his Buford home.

Full Story

“The Constitution Rocks !!”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#1 Mar 13, 2012
As tragic as the outcome of this story is, to blame an officer for protecting them self from someone coming at them with a "deadly weapon" is just wrong. This officer did not go to work that day wanting to shoot someone. Quite the opposite. This officer was put in a situation that a decision had to be made in a nano second. Most of us civilians will never have to make that decision thankfully. It's easy for some after the fact to judge. This memory will go into a vault in the back of this officer's mind and will be there till their last breathe. Someone has to be on the front lines and we should be thankful for those who are. It's a thankless job with many liabilities and trials. Hard to imagine a career with more disparity between risk & reward. I personally hate seeing a 15 year old's life ending this way but these are the tough decisions that law enforcement must make every day. Most of us just struggle with what we are having for lunch. There is no one to blame here. Just a sad ending. That's all.
Debbie Storm

United States

#2 Mar 16, 2012
sounds as if some people always think the police tell the truth and do the right thing..look all over the internet you will find plenty police brutality acts caught on video. Don't judge so quickly. this kid deserved much better treatment. u dont send the deadly force team out to a mentally ill childs home. coward cops
Flyboy

Decatur, GA

#3 Mar 17, 2012
It appears that Ms. Storm is one who is quick to "judge" here. I wasn't there to have a sence for the situation, were you?

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#4 Mar 18, 2012
Flyboy wrote:
It appears that Ms. Storm is one who is quick to "judge" here. I wasn't there to have a sence for the situation, were you?
Don't you mean "sense"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 10 min Chopper Read 55,913
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 5 hr General Sherman 2,060
Pic trader? 20 hr stihl24 1
Law Student Charged With Murder (Mar '08) Sep 16 ladyluck937 132
Debate: Marijuana - Suwanee, GA (Dec '11) Sep 15 kai 18
Horny Women (Sep '13) Sep 12 The Devil 3
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Sep 5 faisha 186
•••

Buford News Video

•••
•••

Buford Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Buford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Buford News, Events & Info