First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1 Jan 21, 2012
Driving through Buffalo last weekend around 3 in the morning, I saw lights flickering in the old Buffalo Academy windows. Anyone know if the place is haunted?

“We all go a little mad...”

Location hidden

#2 Jan 21, 2012
Which building is that?

Location hidden

#3 Jan 21, 2012
How odd. I remember hearing stories about that place when I was little. Seems like everyone had a ghost story or unexplainable experience in that area.

Location hidden

#4 Jan 21, 2012
Roughing It wrote:
Which building is that?
The one in the S curve between the old church and the new Visitors Center (old bank).
Kayla Sparkles

Oakvale, WV

#5 Jan 21, 2012
If you know that much about the place..looks like you would know whether it was haunted or not. Sounds like you live here if you know it's the "new" visitors center (old bank) and such...

Location hidden

#6 Jan 22, 2012
FullMoonMagic wrote:
Driving through Buffalo last weekend around 3 in the morning, I saw lights flickering in the old Buffalo Academy windows. Anyone know if the place is haunted?
It's such an old building and with the Civil War, there has to be some spirits attached to it. My sister told me that the rich (and educated) folks of Buffalo back in the 1800's built it for their children. When the Civil War came, it went back and forth between the North and South... Training soldiers, perhaps a field hospital. My grandma attended there for a year or so. It's so interesting...I love scary chit chat! Have you had any other paranormal experiences. This whole area is filled with crazy unexplainable events from the MothMan to the giant catfish at the locks. Do tell!

Location hidden

#7 Jan 22, 2012
Roughing It wrote:
Which building is that?
I love your profile pic.
omgog

United States

#8 Jan 22, 2012
sister midnight wrote:
<quoted text>It's such an old building and with the Civil War, there has to be some spirits attached to it. My sister told me that the rich (and educated) folks of Buffalo back in the 1800's built it for their children. When the Civil War came, it went back and forth between the North and South... Training soldiers, perhaps a field hospital. My grandma attended there for a year or so. It's so interesting...I love scary chit chat! Have you had any other paranormal experiences. This whole area is filled with crazy unexplainable events from the MothMan to the giant catfish at the locks. Do tell!
No mothman not true

Location hidden

#9 Jan 22, 2012
omgog wrote:
<quoted text>
No mothman not true
I'm not saying any of these myths are true. I just find them fun and interesting.
B

United States

#10 Jan 23, 2012
I know a few years back there was people staying in that building

Location hidden

#11 Jan 23, 2012
B wrote:
I know a few years back there was people staying in that building
Were they renting the place or secretly crashing there?
B

United States

#12 Jan 23, 2012
sister midnight wrote:
<quoted text>Were they renting the place or secretly crashing there?
They Had to of been renting or something because I remember someone broke in and stole some stuff and they reported it

Location hidden

#13 Jan 23, 2012
B wrote:
<quoted text>
They Had to of been renting or something because I remember someone broke in and stole some stuff and they reported it
Great building to call home.
B

United States

#14 Jan 23, 2012
It was a group of people not sure what there reasoning for stayin there was but they was there. Lol

Location hidden

#15 Jan 23, 2012
Kayla Sparkles wrote:
If you know that much about the place..looks like you would know whether it was haunted or not. Sounds like you live here if you know it's the "new" visitors center (old bank) and such...
Grew up in the area. Have not lived in the area for more than 25 years. I am not aware of any stories but I don't know everything.... Just like you.
Kayla Sparkles

Oakvale, WV

#16 Jan 23, 2012
I never said I knew everything ??? LOL
Buffalo for ever

United States

#17 Jan 24, 2012
When I was little I lived behind where the Toyota plant is now. The senior center used to be back there and that's where I lived. My mom heard someone walking down the stairs and she thought it was me until she remembered I was in kinder garden that morning. The foot steps lasted all the way to bottom she said. She called out but heard nothing.
I also remember hearing voices.

Who knows lol we only lived there for 4 years from 1974-1978 I think
omgog

United States

#18 Jan 24, 2012
Buffalo for ever wrote:
When I was little I lived behind where the Toyota plant is now. The senior center used to be back there and that's where I lived. My mom heard someone walking down the stairs and she thought it was me until she remembered I was in kinder garden that morning. The foot steps lasted all the way to bottom she said. She called out but heard nothing.
I also remember hearing voices.

Who knows lol we only lived there for 4 years from 1974-1978 I think
Heard stories about that house too
blue house

Culloden, WV

#19 Jan 24, 2012
Has anyone heard anything about the blue house that is now the food bank/thrift store. Before it became the food bank and it was empty I was meeting a friend and was resting on the steps and heard mens voices inside. I walked upon the steps an could still here them It didn't seem like there were anyone there. I didn't hear anyone walking around. It was very strange. I looked around outside too to see if it could have been around the area too but I didn't see anyone close by like those voices sounded like they were comming from the first floor in that house.

Location hidden

#20 Jan 25, 2012
When did this happen?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brandon arthur 3 hr Dixie enormous 4
Best grocery store in Milton area 4 hr The Last Warrior ... 14
Is RT 62 in Eleanor a drag strip 7 hr whatever 7
overdose (Jun '16) 12 hr YEPthatsME 36
Winfield elementary teacher suspended without pay 17 hr Frances 6
Winfield teacher 18 hr Bison 13
City Hall 20 hr The Last Warrior ... 21

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance