Axe-swinging at WIVB
Elwood

Buffalo, NY

#1 Dec 15, 2008
Boy! Even when you've dominated the ratings for years (and still do), the axe swings hard. Ellen Maxwell and Lisa Scott are zapped, along with some salespeople and their internet guy, along with buyouts for one of the union's people.

Imagine if they were NOT #1! Like in many, many industries, sad times in broacasting have arrived.
Lori from the So Tier

United States

#2 Dec 15, 2008
WIVB has lost a loyal viewer. I will find something else to watch in the mornings. They should have let go Victoria instead.
Crazylady

Rochester, NY

#3 Dec 15, 2008
Gee ... I thought when WIVB ... got what they wanted from Time Warner $$$ wise . And US loyal viewers got Wake-Up back ... how could they break up the morning CREW ??? I`am sure they ,(LISA or Ellen) didn`t see this coming !! Sorry WIVB ... you`ve made an mistake and some WNYer`s aren`t HAPPY with your choices, I'am sure you could of found other ways to save $$$$$$$$$$
Cheektowaga Mike

Buffalo, NY

#4 Dec 19, 2008
What the $#&* is going on at Channel 4?!?! You have a top-rated morning show and two of the people who made it that way are canned. The Wake-Up show will not be the same without Lisa Scott and Ellen Maxwell. What in God's name are you people thinking? Musial should have his head examined. I'm switching to Channel 2 in the morning!
Linda in Hamburg NY

Buffalo, NY

#5 Feb 16, 2009
I am on Channel 4's side! You don't know how many times I've thought to write and encourage the station to get rid of Lisa Scott. I'm sorry, but she needed to go a long time ago!
DEJAVUE

Auburn, ME

#6 Feb 16, 2009
chammel 4's attitudeis like a brain scan __________

“Why not”

Since: Feb 09

Mine

#7 Feb 17, 2009
Linda in Hamburg NY wrote:
I am on Channel 4's side! You don't know how many times I've thought to write and encourage the station to get rid of Lisa Scott. I'm sorry, but she needed to go a long time ago!
and your reason is?
Laura - Darien

Rochester, NY

#8 Feb 18, 2013
Linda in Hamburg NY wrote:
Yeah whatever... You probably knew her from high school and are envious of her. I bet you achieved far less then her in your life-time. She still has her friends, and it sounds like you could use some!!!

Since: Aug 10

Hollis Center, ME

#9 Feb 19, 2013
They always fire the fat chicks first!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do black lives really matter? 38 min alex 45
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Hipocrit 20,505
The real deal about blacks 4 hr Don 61
News WIVB-TV News4 Buffalo, NY |Federal agents raid ... (May '08) Fri Rhogrebe 931
trump luvver (Feb '16) Fri PeterCheeks 28
looking for a Joseph segmen (Oct '15) Thu amy 6
Lauren Hall (Jan '15) Wed Night Heat 17

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages