Daniel Chong, forgotten in DEA cell, settles suit for $4.1 million

Posted in the Buffalo Forum

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1 Jul 31, 2013
A University of California San Diego student left unmonitored in a holding cell for five days by the Drug Enforcement Administration has settled a lawsuit for $4.1 million, his attorney said Tuesday.

"This was a mistake of unbelievable and unimaginable proportions," said attorney Julia Yoo.

Daniel Chong, 25, drank his own urine to survive and even wrote a farewell note to his mother before authorities discovered him severely dehydrated after a 2012 drug raid in San Diego.

Chong was detained on the morning of April 21 when DEA agents raided a house they suspected was being used to distribute MDMA, commonly known as "ecstasy."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/30/justice/califor...
Lump Crown

Chesapeake, VA

#2 Jul 31, 2013
Nobody cares
gumpnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#3 Aug 1, 2013
Lump Crown wrote:
Nobody cares
Do you mean the DEA or other people ?

Some of the government departments are nothing but abusers of civil rights
Gingivitis GUMP

North Tonawanda, NY

#4 Aug 1, 2013
gumpnf wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean the DEA or other people ?
Some of the government departments are nothing but abusers of civil rights
Dear Forrest, you abuse the World's civil rights by breathing.

Get some help for your carbuncle breath.
A groundskeeper at the VA Hospital mentioned he observed you huffing and puffing while struggling toward the entrance door.

Your halitosis caused the flowers to wilt in the beds adjacent to the walkway. Other visitors covered their noses and recoiled in disgust.

You are indeed a filthy old buzzard.
GUMPNF

Niagara Falls, NY

#5 Aug 1, 2013
Gingivitis GUMP wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Forrest, you abuse the World's civil rights by breathing.
Get some help for your carbuncle breath.
A groundskeeper at the VA Hospital mentioned he observed you huffing and puffing while struggling toward the entrance door.
Your halitosis caused the flowers to wilt in the beds adjacent to the walkway. Other visitors covered their noses and recoiled in disgust.
You are indeed a filthy old buzzard.
REALLY you are a REAL sick person.

It's the same thing over & over but wording changes.
Gingivitis GUMP

North Tonawanda, NY

#6 Aug 1, 2013
GUMPNF wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY you are a REAL sick person.
It's the same thing over & over but wording changes.
REALLY you are covered in REAL carbuncles and have CindyBird armpit breath.
gumpnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#7 Aug 1, 2013
Gingivitis GUMP wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY you are covered in REAL carbuncles and have CindyBird armpit breath.
YOU have just proven my saying that YOU are a very sick person
TONI finder

North Tonawanda, NY

#8 Aug 1, 2013
gumpnf wrote:
<quoted text>YOU have just proven my saying that YOU are a very sick person
Hey TONI, I'm not the guy with all the diseases; you are.

Are you attending the Nigeria Falls EyeTalian Festival this weekend?

Will you take your paisan Wally and his fat lady with you?
GUMPNF

Niagara Falls, NY

#9 Aug 2, 2013
TONI finder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey TONI, I'm not the guy with all the diseases; you are.
Are you attending the Nigeria Falls EyeTalian Festival this weekend?
Will you take your paisan Wally and his fat lady with you?
Here is more proof of you being sick
I don't have any diseases It is you that has a brain disease. It's called crazy brain.
Lump Crown

Chesapeake, VA

#10 Aug 2, 2013
GUMPNF wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is more proof of you being sick
I don't have any diseases It is you that has a brain disease. It's called crazy brain.
You tell, Gump....You smelly, old carbuncle-infested, grease ball
TONI finder

North Tonawanda, NY

#11 Aug 2, 2013
Lump Crown wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell, Gump....You smelly, old carbuncle-infested, grease ball
"grease ball"...outstanding

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 min Namu Myoho Renge Kyo 19,633
Happy Birthday VOG 1 hr Guess Who 1
southeast works cover-up (Oct '12) 4 hr Para-rescue 489
Review: Collision Master LLC 6 hr Buju 2
Marc (Feb '12) 6 hr Buju 9
any girl phonesex with this guy? (Mar '13) 6 hr Kevin Appleby 70
Seventy________ 12 hr Hmmmm 10
Buffalo Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Buffalo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:14 am PST