Life Zip

Chesapeake, VA

#1 Jun 27, 2011

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#2 Jun 27, 2011
Life Zip wrote:
YES they must be.
Seeing that most of them work as FULL TIME PAID firefighters at Charlotte, concord and Harrisburg.
YEP full time paid firefighters that are also volunteer firefighters.
GOOD one LIFE.
maybe you should have read the article before you posted it.
Have a nice night
Life Zip

Chesapeake, VA

#3 Jun 30, 2011
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>YES they must be.
Seeing that most of them work as FULL TIME PAID firefighters at Charlotte, concord and Harrisburg.
YEP full time paid firefighters that are also volunteer firefighters.
GOOD one LIFE.
maybe you should have read the article before you posted it.
Have a nice night
No, Walter, it said SOME of them are PT Paid firemen and those are the guys who are there to have a place to drink and get to use the hall for cheap weddings, etc. They never work shifts as a volly or respond as a volly because that would be a FLSA violation. I know a Charlotte firemen and he knows the deal.

Do you know what FLSA is? Of course you don't because you have never been a paid fireman

Location hidden

#4 Jul 18, 2011
Life Zip wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Walter, it said SOME of them are PT Paid firemen and those are the guys who are there to have a place to drink and get to use the hall for cheap weddings, etc. They never work shifts as a volly or respond as a volly because that would be a FLSA violation. I know a Charlotte firemen and he knows the deal.
Do you know what FLSA is? Of course you don't because you have never been a paid fireman
You know life You say you have a college degree and yet you can't read,
I would like to Quote Par.#5 of the article you posted.
" MOST [ not "some" as you said] of the volunteer firefighters work FULL - TIME at other local fire departments in Charlotte, Concord and Harrisburg"
It does NOT say they are" PT" part - time paid firefighters, It says they are FULL-TIME firefighters.
And may I ask how would it be a Fair Labor Standards Act Violation for a full time paid firefighter to be a volunteer firefighter on his own time?
Have a nice night
Life Zip

Norfolk, VA

#5 Jul 19, 2011
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text> You know life You say you have a college degree and yet you can't read,
I would like to Quote Par.#5 of the article you posted.
" MOST [ not "some" as you said] of the volunteer firefighters work FULL - TIME at other local fire departments in Charlotte, Concord and Harrisburg"
It does NOT say they are" PT" part - time paid firefighters, It says they are FULL-TIME firefighters.
And may I ask how would it be a Fair Labor Standards Act Violation for a full time paid firefighter to be a volunteer firefighter on his own time?
Have a nice night
Walter, if these vollys were such good firemen, then why didn't the City of Charlotte let them to continue to operate in that part of the city?

Don't go blaming the fire union because NC is a right to work state. If the fire department has a union, they are powerless

Location hidden

#6 Jul 19, 2011
Life Zip wrote:
<quoted text>
Walter, if these vollys were such good firemen, then why didn't the City of Charlotte let them to continue to operate in that part of the city?
Don't go blaming the fire union because NC is a right to work state. If the fire department has a union, they are powerless
First of all YOU keep forgetting that these " Vollys" are mostly all "PAID Full-time Firefighters" SO if they aren't any good what does that say about "YOUR" full-time paid firefighters?
#2 as for the city taking in these fire depts, Did you ever think that unlike Buffalo their city is growing and expanding.
And I never said one word about them being union or anything like that .
I just showed you that they were " mostly all paid full-time firefighters."
Have a good night
GUMPnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#7 Jul 20, 2011
Here is a perfect example of LIFE COACH AKA life zip Talking about nothing of what he knows. Just trying to cause more trouble. A perfect case of brilliant stupidity.

Location hidden

#8 Jul 20, 2011
GUMPnf wrote:
Here is a perfect example of LIFE COACH AKA life zip Talking about nothing of what he knows. Just trying to cause more trouble. A perfect case of brilliant stupidity.
Gump if he only didn't try to change what people say.
He has done this for years now.
If you are going to post an article, that is fine, but don't try to change what the article says.
In this case he tries to say these volunteer firefighters were incompetent, well they are " mostly full - time paid firefighters."
He keeps saying how much better paid firefighters are than volunteer firefighters.
So all I can say is if these volunteer firefighters are incompetent then they have incompetent paid firefighters in Charlotte.
Have a nice day
Life Zip

Norfolk, VA

#9 Jul 20, 2011
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>Gump if he only didn't try to change what people say.
He has done this for years now.
If you are going to post an article, that is fine, but don't try to change what the article says.
In this case he tries to say these volunteer firefighters were incompetent, well they are " mostly full - time paid firefighters."
He keeps saying how much better paid firefighters are than volunteer firefighters.
So all I can say is if these volunteer firefighters are incompetent then they have incompetent paid firefighters in Charlotte.
Have a nice day
Walter, just because a handful of paid firemen sign up for a volunteer fire company so they have an excuse to get out of the house and get drunk does not mean the rest of the vollys are competent.

Walter, you wanted to be a fireman since you were a little kid, but you could not pass the written test to be a Buffalo fireman, so you had to become a volly. You have since tried to convince yourself and anyone else who would listen that vollys were as good as real firemen, but that will never be true

Location hidden

#10 Jul 20, 2011
Life Zip wrote:
<quoted text>
Walter, just because a handful of paid firemen sign up for a volunteer fire company so they have an excuse to get out of the house and get drunk does not mean the rest of the vollys are competent.
Walter, you wanted to be a fireman since you were a little kid, but you could not pass the written test to be a Buffalo fireman, so you had to become a volly. You have since tried to convince yourself and anyone else who would listen that vollys were as good as real firemen, but that will never be true
Well life I would have done way better on any of their tests than you would have.
See I can read, You on the other hand must be having somebody read these articles to you because you keep trying to change just what the articles say.

See life the article you posted says MOST of the volunteer firefighters of these two fire depts are " full-time paid firefighters" from Charlotte and two othr cities.
Life have the person who reads these articles to you reread it to you again and make sure to pay attention to par.#5.
And as for trying to be a Buffalo firefighter I believe you have to live in Buffalo to work for the city and I wouldn't live in Buffalo.
And again remember 87% of ALL fire depts.in the U.S. are Volunteer depts.

87% of all fire depts. in the U.S. are Volunteer fire depts. and 13% are Paid fire depts.
YES only 13% of ALL fire depts. in the entire U.S. are paid fire depts and that means that most of the U.S. is protected by Volunteer fire depts.
Go find the person who reads these articles to you and have them read it to you one more time.
Have a nice night
Hot Hot Hot

Buffalo, NY

#11 Jul 21, 2011
Life Zip wrote:
What happened? Did a volunteer Firemen take your man away from you or something? Why do you paint with such a broad brush?
Life Zip

Norfolk, VA

#12 Jul 21, 2011
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>Well life I would have done way better on any of their tests than you would have.
See I can read, You on the other hand must be having somebody read these articles to you because you keep trying to change just what the articles say.
See life the article you posted says MOST of the volunteer firefighters of these two fire depts are " full-time paid firefighters" from Charlotte and two othr cities.
Life have the person who reads these articles to you reread it to you again and make sure to pay attention to par.#5.
And as for trying to be a Buffalo firefighter I believe you have to live in Buffalo to work for the city and I wouldn't live in Buffalo.
And again remember 87% of ALL fire depts.in the U.S. are Volunteer depts.
87% of all fire depts. in the U.S. are Volunteer fire depts. and 13% are Paid fire depts.
YES only 13% of ALL fire depts. in the entire U.S. are paid fire depts and that means that most of the U.S. is protected by Volunteer fire depts.
Go find the person who reads these articles to you and have them read it to you one more time.
Have a nice night
Walter, you write like a nine-year-old. There is no way you could have scored high enough to get hired.

Location hidden

#13 Jul 21, 2011
Life Zip wrote:
<quoted text>
Walter, you write like a nine-year-old. There is no way you could have scored high enough to get hired.
That may be true.
BUT I can read and comprehend what I read, unlike you who has to have somebody else read an article to him and then try to change what the article [ or another persons post]says.
See you can say all you want about these volunteer firefighters, but " MOST" of them are full time paid firefighters for Charlotte or the other two cities named.
And YOU Keep saying they are INCOMPETENT volunteer firefighters.
WELL Life if they are incompetent volunteer firefighters what kind of " full-time paid firefighters" does Charlotte N.C. have?[ seeing MOST of these volunteer firefighters are "full-time paid Firefighters" for Charlotte and two other cities around Charlotte]
Life even at 62 years old I still would score higher than you would on any test,written and physical,[ see To make it fair it would have to be just you and me taking the teat, you can't have the person who does all your reading for you to be there, you would have to do all your own reading]
Have a nice night

Location hidden

#14 Jul 21, 2011
Life Zip wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry for the typo it should have read TEST not teat.
Have a nice night
Life Zip

Norfolk, VA

#15 Jul 22, 2011
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>That may be true.
BUT I can read and comprehend what I read, unlike you who has to have somebody else read an article to him and then try to change what the article [ or another persons post]says.
See you can say all you want about these volunteer firefighters, but " MOST" of them are full time paid firefighters for Charlotte or the other two cities named.
And YOU Keep saying they are INCOMPETENT volunteer firefighters.
WELL Life if they are incompetent volunteer firefighters what kind of " full-time paid firefighters" does Charlotte N.C. have?[ seeing MOST of these volunteer firefighters are "full-time paid Firefighters" for Charlotte and two other cities around Charlotte]
Life even at 62 years old I still would score higher than you would on any test,written and physical,[ see To make it fair it would have to be just you and me taking the teat, you can't have the person who does all your reading for you to be there, you would have to do all your own reading]
Have a nice night
Walter, I won't tell you what I do for a living or what I have done for a living, but I have taken several Federal, County and City civil service exams, and I have always finished near the top. On one exam (I accepted that job and worked it for a while) I was 4th out of over 3,000 applicants. I would have been 2nd, but two of the guys ahead of me has 5 vet points. On one Federal eam,(I did not accept the job), I was #1 out of over 400 applicants.

People like you who can't spell "college", end up at the bottom of those lists
Life Zip

Norfolk, VA

#16 Jul 22, 2011
Correction.........."had "......."exam"

Location hidden

#17 Jul 22, 2011
Life Zip wrote:
<quoted text>
Walter, I won't tell you what I do for a living or what I have done for a living, but I have taken several Federal, County and City civil service exams, and I have always finished near the top. On one exam (I accepted that job and worked it for a while) I was 4th out of over 3,000 applicants. I would have been 2nd, but two of the guys ahead of me has 5 vet points. On one Federal eam,(I did not accept the job), I was #1 out of over 400 applicants.
People like you who can't spell "college", end up at the bottom of those lists
What ever you say LIFE.
YOU have never done a days work in your life.
I have.
I was 19 and got a job at FORD back in 1967 and WORKED my a-- off.
I went to college and then became an industrial electrician.

I am 100% sure if I took the same test you did I would have beat you out and you would have been # 5, But as I said I had a very good job and I never took a C.S. exam.[ I did help about 10 people study and take a C.S. exame and they all scored in the top 2%]
Isn't it about time you stopped being a little baby and start to act like the adult you try to tell people out here you are?
Have a nice night
Tturd

United States

#18 Jul 22, 2011
You're a fcking NOBODY and always wil be so stop trying to act like a big shot you welfare SSI collector.

No one here gives a rats ass about you or your pathetic existance.
Life Zip

Norfolk, VA

#19 Jul 22, 2011
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>What ever you say LIFE.
YOU have never done a days work in your life.
I have.
I was 19 and got a job at FORD back in 1967 and WORKED my a-- off.
I went to college and then became an industrial electrician.
I am 100% sure if I took the same test you did I would have beat you out and you would have been # 5, But as I said I had a very good job and I never took a C.S. exam.[ I did help about 10 people study and take a C.S. exame and they all scored in the top 2%]
Isn't it about time you stopped being a little baby and start to act like the adult you try to tell people out here you are?
Have a nice night
You should have written "beaten"

TBird, I know people who worked and still work at the Ford plant. It may be boring, but it is not hard work. Most of them are drunk and/or stoned out of their minds while they are working
Life Zip

Norfolk, VA

#20 Jul 22, 2011
By the way. TBird, I have been working in a government job for the past 32 1/2 years and I make $73,000 per year

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Mike torres 20,504
News WIVB-TV News4 Buffalo, NY |Federal agents raid ... (May '08) 9 hr Rhogrebe 931
trump luvver (Feb '16) 13 hr PeterCheeks 28
The real deal about blacks 23 hr Hillary Clinton 60
looking for a Joseph segmen (Oct '15) Thu amy 6
Do black lives really matter? Thu john gallivan 43
Lauren Hall (Jan '15) Wed Night Heat 17

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages