First Prev
of 8
Next Last
mike

Coudersport, PA

#1 Jan 19, 2009
My wife and I are disappointed with the management of WIVB for Letting Lisa Go.Lisa and Vernonica blendded well in the morning. Vernonica Does not seem happy with her newco-worker. If Lisa gets picked up by a buffalo news channel , we will be switching to that channel. Thanks
Mike Shinglehouse PA
Donovan

Hamburg, NY

#2 Jan 19, 2009
i miss Lisa Scott also, Victoria Hong just does not seem to interact well with Joe Arena. Found some interesting info on Joe in a prior job when doing a google search of his name.
Elwood

Boston, MA

#3 Jan 19, 2009
Vernonica? Are you watching from Pluto??
Jennie

United States

#4 Jan 21, 2009
I have been watching the news with Lisa Scott since she was a single girl living in Marilla. We saw her get married, have Jack, and then Riley. I really miss her. Bring her back. What were you thinking? How disraught she must be now. Imagine losing your job when the economy is so bad. And with two small children. BRING HER BACK. WE MISS HER. Lisa was a breath of fresh air that did not fit the typical too skinny, doll like image. She's real!
Joe Arena

AOL

#5 Jan 29, 2009
I am reading so many nonverbals and verbals in Joe Arena's interactions with Victoria. It is obvious and is getting very annoying.I am curious about what a previous blogger stated about his background is this a trait with Joe. Very poor chemestry!
Kathy

Westfield, NY

#6 Feb 1, 2009
I agree. I am done with Channel 4. I have switched to channel 2. Maybe Lisa will follow the Y-guy!!
Jane

Westfield, NY

#7 Feb 1, 2009
I am done with Channel 4. I have switched to channel 2. Maybe Lisa will follow the Y-guy!! The new Channel 4 guy has no personality!
Ted and Mary

Westfield, NY

#8 Feb 1, 2009
mike wrote:
My wife and I are disappointed with the management of WIVB for Letting Lisa Go.Lisa and Vernonica blendded well in the morning. Vernonica Does not seem happy with her newco-worker. If Lisa gets picked up by a buffalo news channel , we will be switching to that channel. Thanks
Mike Shinglehouse PA
I am going to channel 2. Lisa.....go to channel 2!!! Victoria....go to channel 2!!!
Martin -Lacey

Westfield, NY

#9 Feb 1, 2009
I agree. Channel 4 lets us down over and over with dumping of news people. Victoria........leave before you are next. Channel 2 is pretty good. If they pick up Lisa they will be better. Nice thought. Channel 4 seasons them and sets them loose. Channel 2 is pretty good. They are willing to pay for seasoned workers and it shows in their news.

Channel 4 keep your money-drop your ratings.
Cameron

Westfield, NY

#10 Feb 1, 2009
Jennie wrote:
I have been watching the news with Lisa Scott since she was a single girl living in Marilla. We saw her get married, have Jack, and then Riley. I really miss her. Bring her back. What were you thinking? How disraught she must be now. Imagine losing your job when the economy is so bad. And with two small children. BRING HER BACK. WE MISS HER. Lisa was a breath of fresh air that did not fit the typical too skinny, doll like image. She's real!
What are you saying.........Channel 4 is sexist? They want only skinny girls?? You could have a point. Channel 4 doesn't want real. They want Barbies.........SEXIST!!!
Karen

Westfield, NY

#11 Feb 1, 2009
Martin -Lacey wrote:
I agree. Channel 4 lets us down over and over with dumping of news people. Victoria........leave before you are next. Channel 2 is pretty good. If they pick up Lisa they will be better. Nice thought. Channel 4 seasons them and sets them loose. Channel 2 is pretty good. They are willing to pay for seasoned workers and it shows in their news.
Channel 4 keep your money-drop your ratings.
Hey..........I like channel 2 too! Better than the new channel 4. BORING! NO PERSONALITY LEFT. HEY MIKE......YOUR NEXT AND THEN VICTORIA!
Cindy

Buffalo, NY

#12 Feb 2, 2009
I agree with everyone. Bring Lisa back or lose your veiwers!! I loved the fact that Lisa was a REAL person, just because she wasn't a size 2 they were always trying to hide it by having her hold her papers in front of her when she was standing and I told my husband then and there that they would either force her to lose weight or they would fire her. She was the main reason that I watched Channel 4 News. Now I am trying to figure out if 2 or 7 is better. What is wrong with these people? I loved the chemistry between Lisa, Mike and Victoria. Now, nothing there!
Voice of Reason

United States

#13 Feb 2, 2009
Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you saying.........Channel 4 is sexist? They want only skinny girls?? You could have a point. Channel 4 doesn't want real. They want Barbies.........SEXIST!!!
As I stated last week (and somehow deleted on the board here) WIVB is not sexist. Lisa was working "without a contract" for at least 3 months prior to her dismissal.

Seems to me that it was clearly an issue of *not* accepting what management was willing to offer (bad timing with the Time Warner debacle combined with the economy tanking in general.

The decision was not made because of her girth, but rather a contractual matter. None of us are ready and willing to take pay cuts, and this clearly was the issue at hand.

I am assuming that this comment might get tanked as well, since it paints both Lisa and LIN in unfavorable tones, but in the end, business is business, and free speech will take another back seat to censorship as WIVB management just might edit ot erase an entire topic because of its questioning content, even when presented in an even and balanced manner.

He who has the gold shall make the rules, and when those that have the gold are questioned, reasonable points of view get silenced.

Good job with vanquishing the First Amendment thing guys.

There are no real winners here.
Bring Lisa Scott back

AOL

#14 Feb 2, 2009
So, "Voice of Reason" can we assume you are privy to WIVB and Lisa Scott's talks? You speak as if you know the facts.
Who's to say that part of the reason she was working without a contract is that they were trying to force her to commit to a weight loss or something? Total speculation on my part...now admit that your post is, too. Seriously, they hired this Joe "boring with a capital B" Arena immediately after getting rid of Lisa. I hope that the little they saved (if this is indeed the issue), is worth all of the viewership they've lost.
I flip to channel 4 occasionally just to watch Mike weather in the a.m. It is such a dull show now! I hope channel 4 continues to lose the previously faithful viewers over their decision.
Voice of Reason

United States

#15 Feb 2, 2009
Bring Lisa Scott back wrote:
So, "Voice of Reason" can we assume you are privy to WIVB and Lisa Scott's talks? You speak as if you know the facts.
I read the paper:

http://www.buffalonews.com/185/story/524480.h...

Where in the article it states:

"Scott, who is married and has two young children, said she was “heartbroken” after being told she was out after 11 years as a co-anchor of the morning program “Wake Up” on Monday. Scott, who also anchored at noon, had been working without a contract since September."

Since the economy is a real issue for all of us, and these TV folks work on contract, I am assuming in this economic downturn that Lisa became too expensive for management. In addition, working without a contract, to me, means that one was offered but not yet accepted.

It's unfortunate that she was let go, but I am assuming it was a money issue as opposed to her girth or "cankles".

However, in this world there has been discrimination that is overt and some that is covert. In this sexist world, the cankle factor could have been an underlying issue, but in the end, the official reason would be economic considerations.
Lisa Fan

Buffalo, NY

#16 Feb 3, 2009
Channel 4 news is not the same without Lisa. I too am now channel hopping 2 or 7?
Greg L

Buffalo, NY

#17 Feb 3, 2009
I will not watch Channel 4 anymore. Lisa Scott was beautiful inside and out...I now watch Channel 2. Best of luck Lisa. Keep positive!!
Tim

United States

#18 Feb 4, 2009
I also watch Channel 2 now. They have a lot of great personalities on there; Lisa would be a great fit. I hope she appears again in the Buffalo market and I'll follow her wherever she goes because she was a real person inside and out.
sue

North Tonawanda, NY

#20 Feb 4, 2009
My husband and I always watched Lisa in the morning before work. We thought she was on vacation, and we are both so upset she is gone. Channel 4 you lost two more viewers. If channel 2 is smart, they will pick her up!!
Blithering Idiot

Buffalo, NY

#22 Feb 6, 2009
I wonder how much weight she has packed on since no longer working. I doubt shes been hitting the gym.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Blue Wall 1 hr WTF 3
any girl phonesex with this guy? (Mar '13) 6 hr Frustrated Dad 84
All Liberals Are Sociopaths (Jun '13) 8 hr Ibid 159
Review: Collision Master LLC 11 hr BODY SHOP 4
NEW! Kingsmen MC Top Ten List! MUST READ! (Nov '08) 11 hr TheWeaponsystem 121
is Nalina Shapiro fat? (Dec '12) 15 hr Joe Guy 77
A Buffalo Favorite! Wed AnotherOne BitesT... 1
More from around the web

Buffalo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE