difference between a professional and...

difference between a professional and a volly

Posted in the Buffalo Forum

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#3 Dec 24, 2012
Son ot Tbird wrote:
The killer was a volly
The Killer was NOT a volly.
Get the facts before you make a post and make an ass of yourself.
And if it wasn't for the VOLLIES 87% of this country would NOT have any fire protection.
Have a nice afternoon
Ex Con was shooter

Buffalo, NY

#4 Dec 24, 2012
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text> The Killer was NOT a volly.
Get the facts before you make a post and make an ass of yourself.
And if it wasn't for the VOLLIES 87% of this country would NOT have any fire protection.
Have a nice afternoon
There are some sad sacks that post on Topix. The shooter in Webster was a convicted felon who killed his grandmother. The one guy on Topix who is clueless is Life Coach. He needs to give it a rest concerning volunteer firefighters. I have a feeling he is secretly gloating over this thinking how he can talk bad about volunteer departments even more.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#5 Dec 24, 2012
Ex Con was shooter wrote:
<quoted text>There are some sad sacks that post on Topix. The shooter in Webster was a convicted felon who killed his grandmother. The one guy on Topix who is clueless is Life Coach. He needs to give it a rest concerning volunteer firefighters. I have a feeling he is secretly gloating over this thinking how he can talk bad about volunteer departments even more.
You are 100% correct.
Just something else for him to bad mouth people that give of their time and put their lives on the line everytime they go to a call.
Have a nice night
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#6 Dec 24, 2012
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text> The Killer was NOT a volly.
Get the facts before you make a post and make an ass of yourself.
And if it wasn't for the VOLLIES 87% of this country would NOT have any fire protection.
Have a nice afternoon
Yes, he was

I have it on good information that he was a volly before he went to prison and they were considering letting back in the fire company when he busted a spring
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#7 Dec 24, 2012
Ex Con was shooter wrote:
<quoted text>There are some sad sacks that post on Topix. The shooter in Webster was a convicted felon who killed his grandmother. The one guy on Topix who is clueless is Life Coach. He needs to give it a rest concerning volunteer firefighters. I have a feeling he is secretly gloating over this thinking how he can talk bad about volunteer departments even more.
The preliminary information makes it seem like the vollys did nothing wrong, but the investigation is not complete. It is possible that the man shot the vollys because they were the ones who set fire to the house. I think the State Police need to investigate what really happened
Wealth of Information

Rochester, NY

#9 Dec 24, 2012
Son ot Tbird wrote:
According to twitter:
Buffalo news makes a valid point :
@news4buffalo: The second firefighter killed was a professional firefighter from the City of Rochester, he also volunteers for Webster .
Wrong, neither were professional firemen for the city of Rochester.
Firefighters Mike Chiapperini and Tomasz Kaczowka were Volunteers for the West Webster FD.
Chiapperini was also a member of the Webster Police Department, and had been named a Webster firefighter of the year two weeks ago.
Kaczowka was a member of the fire department and a 911 dispatcher who had been with the department for a little more than a year. He previously was part of the explorer program.
TONI

Niagara Falls, NY

#10 Dec 24, 2012
Son ot Tbird wrote:
<quoted text>
No then people would just move back into the city. Then they would have real firemen.
W T H ???? real; firemen ? hozzy & peknuckle card players ? Solitare ? Truck polishers ? You call that real firemen ?

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#11 Dec 24, 2012
Son ot Tbird wrote:
<quoted text>
No then people would just move back into the city. Then they would have real firemen.
You have to be one of the stupidest people on earth.
First of all if everybody lived in the city who would be growing your food?
taking care of the cows that give you your milk?
Raise the Cattle and Pigs that provide the meat you eat?
DAH!!!
Again remember it is the Volunteer firefighters that protect 87% of this country NOT the paid firefighters.
And it seems to me and a lot of other people that they do a heck of a good job.
Have a nice night
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#12 Dec 24, 2012
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>You have to be one of the stupidest people on earth.
First of all if everybody lived in the city who would be growing your food?
taking care of the cows that give you your milk?
Raise the Cattle and Pigs that provide the meat you eat?
DAH!!!
Again remember it is the Volunteer firefighters that protect 87% of this country NOT the paid firefighters.
And it seems to me and a lot of other people that they do a heck of a good job.
Have a nice night
If these towns got together and financed a professional fire department it would cost $82 per year for the average homeowner. That would be $6.83 PER MONTH ADDED TO A MORTGAGE BILL THAT WOULD BE MORE THAN OFFSET BY INSURANCE SAVINGS

But the vollys resist this because they want to run the show, start arson fires and steal the money they raise from "fill the boot" and beer tents

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#13 Dec 24, 2012
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
If these towns got together and financed a professional fire department it would cost $82 per year for the average homeowner. That would be $6.83 PER MONTH ADDED TO A MORTGAGE BILL THAT WOULD BE MORE THAN OFFSET BY INSURANCE SAVINGS
But the vollys resist this because they want to run the show, start arson fires and steal the money they raise from "fill the boot" and beer tents
L/C you have NO idea what in he-- you are talking about.
First of all How and where would you put this super fire dept?
Brant the smallest town in Erie co. it is 2/3s the size of Buffalo in area.
That is a lot of SQ. Miles to cover with one fire dept. that probably would be in another town and not even in Brant.
And NOT all these towns need the same type of trucks.
Like in Evans there is only one or two depts. that need a tanker and that won't be for long.
Where Brant needs three because they don't have city water.
I am sure YOU wouldn't want the fire dept that protects your home to be over 10 miles away and if it was in Evans it would be at least that far if not more.
And under your idea that is what would probably happen to the people in the town of Brant seeing the town is a lot smaller than Evans or North Collins.[ if it was in N. Collins it would be almost 15 miles just to get down to rt 5 and another 2 to 3 miles to the beach area that is about 17 plus miles to the nearest fire house]
then what would the town of Collins do?
As it is Brant is split in half and each dept covers an area about the size of 1/3 the city of Buffalo.
And as it is from the Hall to the town line is about 4 miles that is a lot farther than any dept. in the city has to go.
So you idea wouldn't work and what you say it would cost is way out of line.
Why don't you go look up just where the Volly depts are and how far apart they are and see what ones have city water and what ones don't,
I don't know if it will open your eyes but when a dept has to cover about 42 sq. miles that is a lot of area , there may not be a lot of homes out there but like I said I am sure you wouldn't want the nearest fire dept. being over 10 miles away from your house and then show up with the wrong type of truck [ they could send a pumper when a tanker was needed] so why should the people of Brant?
Again remember 87% of all the country is protected by vol. fire depts.
And they seem to be doing one heck of a good job.
Have a nice night

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#14 Dec 24, 2012
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
If these towns got together and financed a professional fire department it would cost $82 per year for the average homeowner. That would be $6.83 PER MONTH ADDED TO A MORTGAGE BILL THAT WOULD BE MORE THAN OFFSET BY INSURANCE SAVINGS
But the vollys resist this because they want to run the show, start arson fires and steal the money they raise from "fill the boot" and beer tents
L/C this is the type of truck they need out in Brant.

http://www.ustanker.com/Deliveries/Delivery/D...

It would't do the City of Buffalo any good and something like a ladder truck wouldn't do Brant any good.
this is their new tanker and I believe I was told that it is all wheel drive.
and has 2 high power water cannons.
have a nice night

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News First responders not allowed inside Wende Corre... (Jul '08) 3 min Hudsfinest 218
Jim Kelly's Club, what was it called? (Nov '12) 13 min dicknose 31
Trump President? Couldnt even buy the Bills 14 min Tiny Hands Drumpf 3
Trump's father-in-law is hardcore Communist 16 min Melania Tramp 6
Ghetto assed names in the news 3 hr Buck Rohde 5
Alleged Mafia Activity in Buffalo, Niagara Fall... (Mar '16) 8 hr Nickel City 88
Poll Did Nam Biker Vet Ever See Combat (Jan '10) 10 hr Buffalo BarFly 1,260

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages