Slum Lords in the Buffalo region

Posted in the Buffalo Forum

“Don't Toews Me Bro!”

Since: Apr 13

The Elite Northeast

#1 Jun 16, 2013
I'm just curious who the "big names" are in the slum lord business these days. I know of one who has a house near UB South he rents out and a place in Williamsville and have been wondering if he is still up to his no good ways.
popcan tony

Buffalo, NY

#2 Jun 22, 2013
Slum Lord Legends...On the construction job this guy was known as 'Popcan Tony', I think he was suppose to be an operator, but nobody ever saw him run anything. All he ever did was sit in his van and read the paper, except when he was picking up cans and bottles. Yeah, this guy would stroll round the job pickin up pop cans, he would even pick up the non deposit ice tea cans. Yeah, he would sit in his van, with his little exacto knife, cut the bar code off the bottle labels, glue it on to the ice tea cans. Then he would throw the cans in the return machine, and return the bottles at the store, where nobody checks for the bar code... He would stake out trash cans for someone to throw a can in, and even chase homeless people away from the cans. All the while on the pay roll, makin the bigbucks. I hear he finally retired, after 40+ years, and moved out of state. Ohh, what's the slum lord connection, he also sold all his Buffalo, NY properties, for over 3 million dollars! What a country!
funny

Buffalo, NY

#5 Jun 22, 2013
I had to laugh, I was driving up from PA the other day, in front of me was a SUV pulling a trailer, both were over-loaded with huge plastic bags full of bottles & cans. Probably from a PA beverage center, to turn in here in NYS. PA does not have deposit, and many containers down there have the same label with 5 cent NY deposit...Kinda reminded me of the Sienfeld episode where Kramer and Newman hi-jack a mail van to try to drive to Michigan for the 10 cent deposit...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
benefits for single moms (Apr '12) 7 hr Kilhoffer_Street_... 25
Dr. Andrew Cappuccino (Feb '13) 11 hr mayordysaster 11
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 22 hr Alberto 19,592
Michelle Obama's secret diary has been found 23 hr Amy and Mia 1
Van Dusen Concrete Construction Company (May '11) Wed The Bread Boy 15
Is Buffalo a haven for lowlifes? Wed Guesser 16
Are the blacks really liked in Buffalo? Wed Guesser 3
Buffalo Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Buffalo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News