The Perry Projects in the 50's
SAD MOM

United States

#41 Mar 13, 2011
lives in the perry.s project clifford jones.He lives with a women and three boys, clifford beat a women in the tub in ohio so bad he was put in jail,he has abuse records in buffalo but has managed to stay in hiding verify his i know people have said,this guy had sex with my 14 year oldd kid, and ran for saftey with a women,I willyou have a rapist in apt seek justce where ever he goes,please help i f any one see,s this guy, he has a black mark on his nose , and has police records,he is hiding so if you know someone with daughters he is living right next door
SAD MOM

United States

#42 Mar 13, 2011
name clifford jones ,.my daughter was raped, by a guy in his late 30,s hhe,s been there for three year was known to move in with a women and three boys. THIS MAN CLIFFORD WAS DRUNK AND ASSAULTED, and told her not to tell, then he moved into perry,s project,x after she told him she told.know t.he women is lying cause she is on section my baby was beat bad, he is gonna pay hrlp if you know girls in the perry,s keep them safe, this man beats,and does.nt use a comdom.60
george

Buffalo, NY

#43 Mar 14, 2011
i lived in them projects back then there were more white people who would help out with the kids.the only difference now is that they are all african american and yes you can call me racist if that name means telling the truth most violent crime in buffalo is done by blacks.
danny

North Tonawanda, NY

#44 Jul 3, 2011
grew up in perry projects,some bad guys sure but a hell of a lot good folks that helped poor kids find the way.great water front for a kid to explore back in yhe 50's black or white did'nt mean a thing back then.we where all poor kids then.school 4 is never to be forgotten as it thaught us good.
Edward S

Delano, CA

#45 Sep 7, 2011
danny wrote:
grew up in perry projects,some bad guys sure but a hell of a lot good folks that helped poor kids find the way.great water front for a kid to explore back in yhe 50's black or white did'nt mean a thing back then.we where all poor kids then.school 4 is never to be forgotten as it thaught us good.
what up danny. I agree. school 4 was a great school for me and it really is missed by me. I left the school in the summer going into the 6th grade. moved to tennessee. there were some nuckle heads, but also some big families and a lot of bullies used that to there advantage. but I use to go to the community center and it was a good and bad experience but it was a place that a lot of kids could go to have fun. I wish that those who made it difficult for others grew out of that mentallity and taught their kids better. I still call perry projects home away from home.
Ossifer J DumbFuckski

North Tonawanda, NY

#46 Sep 7, 2011
James wrote:
Well, Clifford contact the "A" district police ASAP. Get an warrant card R O. Do something. This website is just filled with liberal jerkoffs.
Hearsay just doesn't cut it.
Hi dere, dis is Ossifer Jimmy,

Come it straight to 57 Barnard Street, Headquarters of KKK (Kaisertown Kweer Kops), for dat warrant card.

Maybe you want it some splosives to do it yob wit no help?
I got dem in trunk of official Kaisertown Kop Kar.

Seeing you soon.

Bye Bye
I talk by you later,
Ossifer J DumbFuckski
Reason

United States

#47 Jan 17, 2012
You all sound like jerks. Rick James had all the same problems that many other legendary artists had (Jerry lee Lewis, Hendrix, van morrison) Rick James is from the east side in general he lived all over buffalo It is not racist to say Rick James is from perry. Perry and the east side Is 95 percent black now a days. The racism is in the fact of that stat itself. People from the fifties may not know how to use comps because they Did not grow up with the tech not because they were black and from perry.

Racism sucks and the people in this thread are ignorant sounding
To Barnard Neighbor

Lake View, NY

#48 Jan 18, 2012
Hi dere, dis is Ossifer Sammy,
Come it straight to Gateway, for dat warrant card.
Maybe you want it some splosives to do it yob wit no help?
I got dem in trunk of officialN. Ton Kop Kar.
Seeing you soon.
Bye Bye
I talk by you later,
Ossifer J Sammy
To Barnard Neighbor

Lake View, NY

#49 Jan 18, 2012
Come on pretty boy - where in NT do you live ??
linda

Dunkirk, NY

#50 Feb 15, 2012
james wrote:
I'm 35 and I was born and raised in the perry projects,i grew up at 428 louisianna st,and later moved to 312 fulton,then moved to326 c south park,then to 246 fulton,now the middle as we used to call it is no longer thier,no houses- its not how it used to be.. CRAZY AND FUN... its young kids now...some projects are still thiere, I don't go down thiere as much but I'm glad to haer that some people still remeber the hood peace..
i grew up in the perrys at 423 perry st-i currently live at 312 fulton st LOL
Ex Marine Grill Sargeant

Rochester, NY

#51 Feb 15, 2012
an observer wrote:
<quoted text>
take your racism and shove it and stay in your lily white eden where your kids do drugs and you idiots are in denial.
Hey our lily white kids might be doing drugs. But they dont commit violent crimes at the same rate your Urban Groid kids do.
13% of the general population 75% of the prison population.
henry j

Buffalo, NY

#52 Feb 16, 2012
Ex Marine Grill Sargeant wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey our lily white kids might be doing drugs. But they dont commit violent crimes at the same rate your Urban Groid kids do.
13% of the general population 75% of the prison population.
you are 100 percent right these day's that area is full of welfare queen's that have babies they really don't want they have them just to get more welfare money and free food stamps.and i guess we have a liberal government to blame for this mess they now blame the schools for all their kid's trouble when in fact it's the black culture that is the real problem but it's easier to play the race card
Pro hop

Frisco, TX

#53 Feb 16, 2012
Poor public housing always been a dump . Drug and hooker haven
starr

Buffalo, NY

#54 Mar 4, 2012
i live in the perrys today.(2012) and i cant belive he used to live here.!!!!!!!!!
Destiny

Dunkirk, NY

#55 Mar 4, 2012
starr wrote:
i live in the perrys today.(2012) and i cant belive he used to live here.!!!!!!!!!
REALLY STARLA
No need for Mugshots

Rochester, NY

#56 Mar 5, 2012
starr wrote:
He wrote his name in the cement in front of his old place, you should look for it.
Scott

Cleveland, OH

#57 Mar 19, 2012
I lived in the perry projects from late 60s till 76. I also attended St Bridget till 4th grade. I remember the big fight. I had a great time growing up there.
Joey G

Lawrence, MA

#58 Mar 28, 2013
Im Young and black. Reading all the comments......Whites are soooo right about us. We are animals. smh. They were smart to move away from us all over Buffalo not just the Perrys. Im at the library all the damm time looking at pics(microfilm too) from the 1920's-1970's here. It was gorgeous!!!......until we got money and expanded. Bailey,Fillmore,Delavan and the once ever gorgeous Broadway Market area was prosperous. Lawns,houses.etc. We suck. Bottom Line. Thank you my black community. Animals.
sjz

Tonawanda, NY

#59 Jul 6, 2013
I lived in the Perry Projects from the time I was 3-12 back 1953-62,439 Perry St. It was a mix of all ethnicities. Whites African Americans, Japanese, Lebonese,Gypsies,War Veterans,and Perverts,yes they were there too. I enjoyed the time I spent there,there was Lanigans Pool ,Community Center and the Big Library on Alabama.The South Park Strip had a Bicycle Store with all types of Toys, School #4 was not too far from the corner of Weber Pickle Factory.A&P store and Loblaws. THere were massive large families, and when the Painters would come every other year to paint the doors Red, Green ,or Blue it was fun to watch. I lived at 439 and our door was always Red. I left in July of 1962 at 12 when we were taken due to a a Homicide, when my Mom killed my youngest sister. I'm 63 now,and I can pretty much still remember that Project .I went back in 1998 the tenant was kind enough to allow a walk through,it seemed so small compared to when I was a kid. I looked through the kitchen door into the courtyard and I remembered all the fun times.
sjz

Tonawanda, NY

#60 Jul 6, 2013
backintheday wrote:
our family (african american) grew up in the perry projects in the 1950's. we lived on alabama street. i went to school 4. ms curtis was my kindergarten teacher. i remember other teacher names like ms bender,ms hickey, ms sexton and a couple others. it was great. everyone got along as far as i can remember. the perry projects were very clean too. we had so much fun back then. families would sit on the stoop outside together. us kids played together. i really liked school too..i went back thru the projects not too long ago and they look terrible. it may sound strange, but even the brick is different. when i was little the brick color in the projects were red. not anymore. and, it may sound strange but there were no roaches where we lived. not at all.I too knew james johnson (rick james). i was in the same class as his sister cheryl. they lived 2 courts behind us on fulton street. that was a great time back then listening to early wkbw radio station and that great music. the perry projects back in the day were great memories.
I Agree

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bye Bye Paladino, a person of you're stature ne... 12 hr Hater alert 8
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 20 hr Leftovers 21,051
city college 1991 Sat coco4u 1
Pros and Cons of living in Buffalo, NY (Jan '13) Fri Milton 44
Adult video stores (Dec '09) Fri Fellate me father 19
Friday Fun at Talk of the Town (Aug '08) Aug 17 James Madison 46
News 'Accordions 'round the World' to perform outsid... Aug 17 Kevin 2

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages