The Perry Projects in the 50's

Posted in the Buffalo Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#1 Oct 10, 2008
Has anyone lived in the Perry Projects in the 50's and what was it like? How does it compare to now?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#2 Oct 11, 2008
I heard that Rick James came from the Commadore Perry Projects. I think the people who could talk about this or remember it probably do not know how to use a computer.

Since: Jul 07

Buffalo, NY

#3 Oct 11, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
I heard that Rick James came from the Commadore Perry Projects. I think the people who could talk about this or remember it probably do not know how to use a computer.
take your racism and shove it and stay in your lily white eden where your kids do drugs and you idiots are in denial.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#4 Oct 11, 2008
an observer wrote:
<quoted text>
take your racism and shove it and stay in your lily white eden where your kids do drugs and you idiots are in denial.
Hey I am only talking about old people here. I lived in the Perry Projects and I loved every minute of it. Actually I knew Rick James' family they lived across he street from me. Their name was Johnson. I do not live in Eden and I don't know why that shows up on my 'name'.

Since: Jul 07

Buffalo, NY

#5 Oct 11, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Hey I am only talking about old people here. I lived in the Perry Projects and I loved every minute of it. Actually I knew Rick James' family they lived across he street from me. Their name was Johnson. I do not live in Eden and I don't know why that shows up on my 'name'.
in your other post you state: "I heard that Rick James came from the Commadore Perry Projects. I think the people who could talk about this or remember it probably do not know how to use a computer. "
so which is it? Fist you say that you heard that Rick James came from the projects, then you say you actually knew his family and they lived across the street from you.
First you say those who came from there probably don't know how to use a computer, than you say that you yourself came from there.
Make up your lying hypocritical mind.
Life Coach

AOL

#6 Oct 11, 2008
I grew up with a guy who lived there from the time he was born (1957)until he was about 3 years old. His father was an intern (making next to nothing at Deconess Hospital and ended up being a successful doctor. The guy I grew up with and his father are both dead now
Life Coach

AOL

#7 Oct 11, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Hey I am only talking about old people here. I lived in the Perry Projects and I loved every minute of it. Actually I knew Rick James' family they lived across he street from me. Their name was Johnson. I do not live in Eden and I don't know why that shows up on my 'name'.
If Rick James lived in the Perry Prjects, why did he end up going to Bennett?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#8 Oct 11, 2008
Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
If Rick James lived in the Perry Prjects, why did he end up going to Bennett?
He had a choice of where he wanted to go to high school. Why couln't he have chose Bennett.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#9 Oct 11, 2008
an observer wrote:
<quoted text>
in your other post you state: "I heard that Rick James came from the Commadore Perry Projects. I think the people who could talk about this or remember it probably do not know how to use a computer. "
so which is it? Fist you say that you heard that Rick James came from the projects, then you say you actually knew his family and they lived across the street from you.
First you say those who came from there probably don't know how to use a computer, than you say that you yourself came from there.
Make up your lying hypocritical mind.
Aren't you the nasty one? A lot of people my age do not want anything to do with the computer. Did you grow up in the Perry Projects or not. You probably didn't because you don't want to contribute anything personable about it.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#10 Oct 11, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>He had a choice of where he wanted to go to high school. Why couln't he have chose Bennett.
He also went to St. Brigid's grammar school. Maybe he moved to North Buffalo later.
Life Crotch

AOL

#11 Oct 11, 2008
Life Coach wrote:
I grew up with a guy who lived there from the time he was born (1957)until he was about 3 years old. His father was an intern (making next to nothing at Deconess Hospital and ended up being a successful doctor. The guy I grew up with and his father are both dead now
Life Coach lived in the Perry Projects from the time he was 18 until he was born. Then he started to drink excessive amounts of cheap Vodka.
Life Coach

AOL

#12 Oct 11, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>He had a choice of where he wanted to go to high school. Why couln't he have chose Bennett.
Back in those days, you went to the school closest to your house unless you went to one of the ret ard plumber/mechanic schools Hutch Tech, McKinley or Burgard
tired of welfare abusers

Buffalo, NY

#13 Oct 11, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you the nasty one? A lot of people my age do not want anything to do with the computer. Did you grow up in the Perry Projects or not. You probably didn't because you don't want to contribute anything personable about it.
nasty? no, just pointing out YOUR contradictory statements.
Like I said, first you said you HEARD Rick James grew up in the Perry Projects. Then you said HIS FAMILY LIVED ACROSS THE STREET FROM YOU AND YOU KNEW THEM.
So if you knew the family, then you would have known if he lived there or not, and not have to come here and ask if he did live there.
but then if you are talking about old people, as you say you are, you are also ASSUMING that they are all as senile as you. And why is someone of your age group asking about the King of Funk anyway? You're probably too old to get down.
Life Coach

AOL

#14 Oct 11, 2008
tired of welfare abusers wrote:
<quoted text>
nasty? no, just pointing out YOUR contradictory statements.
Like I said, first you said you HEARD Rick James grew up in the Perry Projects. Then you said HIS FAMILY LIVED ACROSS THE STREET FROM YOU AND YOU KNEW THEM.
So if you knew the family, then you would have known if he lived there or not, and not have to come here and ask if he did live there.
but then if you are talking about old people, as you say you are, you are also ASSUMING that they are all as senile as you. And why is someone of your age group asking about the King of Funk anyway? You're probably too old to get down.
Good point

By the way, who would want to be associated with Rick James? He was a drug addict, a pervert and a woman beater
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#15 Oct 11, 2008
Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in those days, you went to the school closest to your house unless you went to one of the plumber/mechanic schools Hutch Tech, McKinley or Burgard
Why would you say that about these schools which specialized in things like Automotive, printing, aviation, carpentry and all the necessary jobs that are a part of everyday life. Not everyone was cut out for Timon, Conesius(?) or St. Joes. and back then not too many people went on to college. They either went in the military or got jobs right out of high school
Observer

Buffalo, NY

#16 Oct 11, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>He also went to St. Brigid's grammar school. Maybe he moved to North Buffalo later.
If you know anything of those days, or can't you remember?- You didn't get to choose. You went to the school that was in your district. Being only a teen in the 60's I don't know what the district lines were, but Delevan/Grider went to Bennett, while Delevan/Wyoming went to Kesington.
While my friends and I all went to Millard Fillmore Jr. High on Appenheimer, we were seperated between Bennett and Kensington for senior high.
Bennett's district also ranged up into North Buffalo, Kensington went as far south as Lovejoy.
Doesn't seem as tho Buffalo's schools decisions have changed very much have they? They are still all f'ed up.
Life Coach

AOL

#17 Oct 11, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you say that about these schools which specialized in things like Automotive, printing, aviation, carpentry and all the necessary jobs that are a part of everyday life. Not everyone was cut out for Timon, Conesius(?) or St. Joes. and back then not too many people went on to college. They either went in the military or got jobs right out of high school
I have nothing against plumbers, carpenters, window tinters, mechanics, etc. But the truth is that those who cannot handle academic work because of waterhead ret ardation (learning disabilities) are steered toward what was once called the "industrial arts" at those schools. In the suburbs they were sent to that waterhead ret ard school called BOCES where the boys could learn those skills and the girls could learn to be hairdressers, nail techs and bedpan jockeys (LPN'S).
Fathernature

Boca Raton, FL

#18 Nov 19, 2008
If you good folks don't mind I will bring this discussion back to the original subject. I grew up in the Perry Projects in the 50s.
I remember the address. 462 South Park Ave.
It was a great place to grow up back then.
All races and nations represented and no major problems. Sure some trouble but we got along except for a few idiots and those are everywhere.
By the way, I am "Old" and know how to use a computer. I'm a web master for a large state college in Florida so don't assume anything about age.
Fathernature

Boca Raton, FL

#19 Nov 19, 2008
By the way, I went to Saint Brigids School. Anyone else go there?
Project kid

Buffalo, NY

#20 Nov 26, 2008
Fathernature wrote:
By the way, I went to Saint Brigids School. Anyone else go there?
Yes I did I graduated in 1957

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 58 min meandme 20,774
Alleged Mafia Activity in Buffalo, Niagara Fall... (Mar '16) 3 hr The TRUMP of Trolls 75
Abluntrumphater 3 hr The TRUMP of Trolls 36
Trump's father-in-law is hardcore Communist 4 hr The TRUMP of Trolls 1
Would Buffalo really improve if there were less... (Feb '16) Fri TheTruth 19
Do some black women dress like prostitutes? Fri TheTruth 22
people need to stand up for the donald's beliefs Thu Art Arckinbouler 57

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages