Hamburg Police investigate fatal accident

Full story: WIVB Buffalo 92
Police in the Town of Hamburg are investigating a fatal accident along Route 5 Saturday morning. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Greg Vetter

Buffalo, NY

#1 Jun 14, 2008
Hello everyone,
This is and always will be my brother. Daryl I love u, & miss you please know i will be there for your wife and unborn child. You will always be my little brother I will always miss you. I hope people learn from this drinking and driving not only hurts yourself, but it tears other familys to pieces!!!!!
hillary

Buffalo, NY

#2 Jun 15, 2008
Once again another damn drunk driver has killled an innocent person.
The penalities should be much more severe.
God bless Daryl's family.
Disgusted

AOL

#3 Jun 15, 2008
Sickening...Another idiot that doesn't have the sense of a stone. Penalties should be so much stiffer!!!!!!!!!
Enough Is Enough

Lancaster, NY

#4 Jun 15, 2008
First, my deepest sympathies to the family of the victim.. It is such a tragic senseless loss. Let's stop calling these incidents accidents. An accident is something beyond anyones control. You go into a bar, you drink, you drive, you know the possible outcome. That selfish moron needs to pay the consequences. Society needs to come up with a better way to deal with these incidents. Another slap on the wrists, another "I'm just so sorry" just doesn't cut it anymore.
king of op

Hamburg, NY

#5 Jun 15, 2008
it's sad that these drunks can't think of anyone but them selves . the drink and drink....yet they just simply do not care about the safety of others .i wonder how many more innocent people have to lose their lives before these jerks wake up . sorry to hear about the vetter familys' loss . this is inexcusable . i bet if they throw this drunk away for 10-15 years he won't be in such a hurry to suck his natural ice beer by the case down .
mastersnort

Niagara Falls, NY

#6 Jun 15, 2008
I bet if we started handing out long prison sentences for first time offenders and life with no parole if you kill some one we could get a handle on this epidemic. Godspeed Daryl, Requiescat in Pace.
sooo sad

United States

#8 Jun 15, 2008
hates drunks wrote:
daryl had a few DWIs his self......a drunk killed by a drunk driver........when will people learn.....
How ignorant are you!!! A 26yr old man just died left behind a wife and unborn child. All you can say is well he drank too. Shame on you and the parents that raise such an aweful person. I hope you are perfect and have no flaws. Sence someday you will die and I hope ignorant people like yourself don't talk negativly about you. This poor family is greeving they lost a husband, son, brother, father, uncle, and so much more that Daryl was. Lets try to remember that he was a loving caring man that would help ANYONE that needed it!!!!
Ex coworker

AOL

#9 Jun 15, 2008
Daryl will be missed by me and Can You Daryls brother please email me at LVS2DV8@aol.com thanks
Greg Vetter

Buffalo, NY

#10 Jun 15, 2008
daryl had a few DWIs his self......a drunk killed by a drunk driver........when will people learn.....

hates drunks, that is very sad that there are people in this world like yourself. My brother had his problems through out his life just like we all do and have. Pass judgement all you want the facts are my brother is dead.....he leave behind a wife and a daughter that will be born with in the next few days, a father, mother, 2 brothers, one sister, a niece, 2 nephews and another one on the way. So you tell me is that justice. He was not driving he was walking, and people liek you make me sick. He has and was learning form his past mistakes, enjoy your perfect life.

For all the rest of you thank you for your prayers and thoughts in this time of need. Please feel free to contact me gvetter1@verizon.net
hates drunks

Buffalo, NY

#11 Jun 15, 2008
you all failed to mention the son that he left behind also.... but no one thinks about that lil boy who will never know his father that never came around.... i knew daryl and the mother of his son...... i was hoping daryl would have woken up one day and realized what a precious lil boy he wasn't seeing....and cleaned up his life and had a part in his son's life.... all i was saying was WHEN will people learn about drinking and driving.....
Family Friend

Buffalo, NY

#12 Jun 15, 2008
hates drunks wrote:
Granted you hate drunks or perhaps people who drink, maybe that is because you are the product of abussive drunken parents that didn't give a crap weather you lived or died, second, your grammer sucks. Daryl may have had some problems of his own but I can assure you that he never hit or killed a pedestrian just walking down the street or anywhere else. Maybe you should crawl back under the slimmy rock you slithered out from under and get to know the people you are slamming. I knew Daryl and I am speaking from experiance, the boy would bend over backwards to help someone and never ask for anything in return. I take it you knew or think you knew Daryl because you didn't hesitate in bringing up the fact he had a few DWI's. Do you think you are perfect? If so I would like to see you walk on water, there was only one perfect man ever to walk to face of this earth and he was hung to a cross. I hope that your kids if you have any now or should have in the future don't have to go through the greif and heartache that Daryl's Parents are doing through right now not to mention brothers and a sister and his widow and unborn child. If this happens to you or someone in your family I guess the world would just say it was fate with the attitude you have displayed. My heart and prayers go out to the true friends and family of Mr. Daryl Vetter.
Family Friend

Buffalo, NY

#13 Jun 15, 2008
hates drunks wrote:
you all failed to mention the son that he left behind also.... but no one thinks about that lil boy who will never know his father that never came around.... i knew daryl and the mother of his son...... i was hoping daryl would have woken up one day and realized what a precious lil boy he wasn't seeing....and cleaned up his life and had a part in his son's life.... all i was saying was WHEN will people learn about drinking and driving.....
First of, Daryl wasn't driving, HE WAS WALKING and second, The mother of that little boy made it perfectly clear that she didn't want Daryl to be in the boys' life from the get go, you need to get your facts straight.
hates drunks

Buffalo, NY

#14 Jun 15, 2008
ever hear of family court??? they would have helped him see his son if he thought his son was that important to him....who cares what she says... he still sould have done something to be a part of that boys life...and yes daryl wasn't driving but he was out drinking while his wife was home ready to have his baby.... probably out cheating like he always did.... wow now i remember why its a waste of time to post comments here... people always try to make people out to be people they are not... and when someone says something true.. no one wants to hear it...like i said ...I WAS HOPING daryl would wake up and clean up his life and realize what he was missing with his son. and now that boy will never know his father. if someone told you "stay out of your kid's life" would you?????
Becky

Buffalo, NY

#15 Jun 15, 2008
hates drunks wrote:
Where do you get off saying a drunk killed by a drunk! Do you think that is right? My god he wasn't even driving, he was walking and lost his life to a drunk drive. I take it that you are perfect with not one fault. It is the people like you in this world that say things like that really make me sick.

Do you have any idea what my family is going through right now? My son has died, my 2 other sons and daughter lost their brother, a father has lost his son. My daughter in-law has lost her husband and an unborn child will never see her daddy. My grand children all of them 2 little girls, 3 little boys and soon to be a 4 little boys later this year will never be able to see Daryl / daddy again.

Thier is not one person living on the face of this earth that is perfect. Daryl had faced his personnel problems and was changing for the better. I certainly hope and pray that you never ever have to go through what we as a family is going through right now with the lost a child a brother/sister or husband/wife.

May God Bless each and everyone that has sent their condolences to our family.
Jennifer Klopp

Brocton, NY

#16 Jun 15, 2008
Hello to all, this is Daryl's one and only baby sister, and if there is anything that I know from my loving brother is that he would want us all to keep is memory alive and take care of one another. Which our family is great at doing! Everyone has there own opinions about drunks, but the matter is that one thing is for sure he was not in the wrong this time. And yes he has had his own problems, but did he ever kill some one and make there family feel the way ours is?????????? NO! And whoever you are leaving comments on here the way you have, just so you know I have spoken with the the mother regarding Daryl's son and she does not hold one thing against him at this point! Yes he may have not been the best person to you, but he was and will always be my brother along with a part of the family. I just hope you never have to feel this way! I LOVE YOU DARYL AND YOU WE BE GREATLY MISSED! LOVE YOUR BABY SIS FOREVER, BROTHER-IN-LAW AND YOUR UNBORN NEPHEW WHO WILL KNOW HIS THIRD UNCLE... FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS......

For those who would like to contact me please feel free to at jennklopp@gmal.com
Jennifer Klopp

Brocton, NY

#17 Jun 15, 2008
Jennifer Klopp wrote:
Hello to all, this is Daryl's one and only baby sister, and if there is anything that I know from my loving brother is that he would want us all to keep is memory alive and take care of one another. Which our family is great at doing! Everyone has there own opinions about drunks, but the matter is that one thing is for sure he was not in the wrong this time. And yes he has had his own problems, but did he ever kill some one and make there family feel the way ours is?????????? NO! And whoever you are leaving comments on here the way you have, just so you know I have spoken with the the mother regarding Daryl's son and she does not hold one thing against him at this point! Yes he may have not been the best person to you, but he was and will always be my brother along with a part of the family. I just hope you never have to feel this way! I LOVE YOU DARYL AND YOU WE BE GREATLY MISSED! LOVE YOUR BABY SIS FOREVER, BROTHER-IN-LAW AND YOUR UNBORN NEPHEW WHO WILL KNOW HIS THIRD UNCLE... FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS......
For those who would like to contact me please feel free to at jennklopp@gmail.com
Please take note email address was wrong in first comment it's gmail.com
Family Friend

Buffalo, NY

#18 Jun 15, 2008
hates drunks wrote:
ever hear of family court??? they would have helped him see his son if he thought his son was that important to him....who cares what she says... he still sould have done something to be a part of that boys life...and yes daryl wasn't driving but he was out drinking while his wife was home ready to have his baby.... probably out cheating like he always did.... wow now i remember why its a waste of time to post comments here... people always try to make people out to be people they are not... and when someone says something true.. no one wants to hear it...like i said ...I WAS HOPING daryl would wake up and clean up his life and realize what he was missing with his son. and now that boy will never know his father. if someone told you "stay out of your kid's life" would you?????
Yes I have, I have been there and the court always sides with the mother and I know others that have tried and were charged with harassment and when the mother failed to remove him as an emergency contact he was charged with kidnapping when the school called him because the child got sick and when the mother found out she tried to have him arressted, the court doesn't care about the father. I'm going to get off of this soap box because it seems that you have a personal vendeta against Daryl. The man is deceased, let it go and let him rest in peace. And let the family try to heal. Good bye Daryl you will always be loved and missed and a promise to you now, I will not respond to this person who calls himself "Hates Drunks". Sleep well my friend, I Love you.
sorry for your loss

United States

#19 Jun 15, 2008
hates drunks wrote:
Didn't your family teach you if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything? Let me tell you this is one of those times
jennifer

United States

#20 Jun 15, 2008
hates drunks wrote:
Did you know the worst thing for a kid to live with is his/her parents fighting all the time? The mother asked him to stay away and Daryl did what he thought was best. He couldn't take care of someone else until he took care of himself. He was trying to straighten his life out. He was doing good thats why he was walking after his last night out before his new baby arrived. You need to stop judging people no one is perfect not even you!! You obviously didn't know Daryl very well. So let me fill you in. He was a loving caring man. If you were cold he would give you the shirt off his back. If you needed someone to talk to he was there listening. If you were upset or crying he would be the first one to hug you and say it will be ok. If someone was mean to you he would straighted them out. He could make you laugh no matter how you were feeling. He loved playing with his niece and nephews. His family was number one to him everytime they were together he want to take a family photo. He couldn't wait to be a daddy and do it all right this time. As important as family was to Daryl I can't even begin to think how hard it was for him not to be with his kids. The only other thing I can say to you is allow him to rest in peace now. His family and friends are greving let them do that. They don't need to be reading your negative crap right now.
Villager

Newark, NY

#21 Jun 16, 2008
Daryl was trying very hard to straighten up his life. I knew him from recovery and the most important thing to him was getting his life back on track so he could start fresh with his family. My heart goes out to all of you. The whole family will be in our prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rev. Joe Moreno shame on him (Oct '12) 1 hr little mermaid 19
Has LIEF COACH gotten better with age? 3 hr Moving North 1
Newscaster you'd LOVE to see in CHAPS (Jan '10) 6 hr Buck Rohde 25
2014 Forum Personality Of The Year 6 hr Lung Crow 34
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Bently 19,559
Who Is More Immature 18 hr Lung Crow 6
Did Nam Biker Vet Ever See Combat (Jan '10) Fri Lung Crow 1,198
Buffalo Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web