Dr. Ivan D'Souza's Medical License Su...

Dr. Ivan D'Souza's Medical License Suspended

There are 621 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Jun 29, 2007, titled Dr. Ivan D'Souza's Medical License Suspended. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

New York State Health Commissioner Richard Daines uses emergency powers to suspend Dr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

khalil

AOL

#645 Jan 14, 2009
Neocons are COWARDS wrote:
as far as i know, this dude has never been charged with ANYTHING. He should sue!
This man has indeed been found guilty of willfully harassing, abusing or intimidating patients; engaging in conduct which evidences moral unfitness; practicing fraudulently; practicing the profession with gross negligence and gross incompetence and practicing the profession with negligence and incompetence on more than one occasion. His license has been revoked.
John C

Buffalo, NY

#646 Jan 14, 2009
I too am mystified on how he can be removed of his liscence, and yet never prosecuted
khalil

AOL

#647 Jan 16, 2009
John C wrote:
I too am mystified on how he can be removed of his liscence, and yet never prosecuted
who else is "mystified"?
Professional Misconduct

Marietta, GA

#649 May 31, 2010
I'm reading all of these comments and can see both sides of the argument.
Some patients have had a very good experience with this doctor and find him competent to deliver their children and provide good medical care.
Some other patients were harmed by this doctor. He looked for a vulnerability in the patient; he tested for threshholds; he crossed boundaries; made comments; some inappropriate touches; maybe even made some patients believe that they were "special" and that he cared about them. Predator-doctors (and other professionals) know how to work it...and for the most part...ensure that their patient/victims will keep quiet about the sexual misconduct and walk away shameful and full of guilt.
If you really want to get educated on this topic, I suggest that you visit www.advocateweb.org and/or www.therapyabuse.org . Both websites provide education and support for victims who have been sexually abused by professionals (like doctors, psychiatrist, therapists, etc.). There are other websites that deal with clergy abuse, priest abuse, teacher-student abuse, etc.
But it's all the same: someone in a position of power misuses that power with someone who came to them for help. There is an imbalance of power and therefore, lack of true adult consent.
Please educate yourselves...this is a real problem that can happen to YOU, your children, your friends, your mother, etc.
harold

Tonawanda, NY

#650 Feb 15, 2011
has anyone heard anything about this case lately
Dr Feel Good

Kansas City, MO

#651 Feb 15, 2011
harold wrote:
has anyone heard anything about this case lately
What's it to you, [email protected]?
phucface

Tonawanda, NY

#652 Feb 16, 2011
I need to know
Tbird

Long Island City, NY

#655 Jun 13, 2011
What is this guy doing now? Does he get shunned in his neighborhood? Is he on a list of some kind? What has happened to the criminal charges?
Needmydoctorback

Rochester, NY

#656 Jan 16, 2012
Any news on this case???
Former patient

Buffalo, NY

#657 Jan 24, 2012
I was wondering what happened to him as well. Looks like his license was revoked in NYS. Does that mean he can go else where and practice. He should have been given jail time. I was a patient of his. While I was pregnant with my second son he commented on how he "like my bra" I was uncomfortable with it but I kind of brushed it off. The final straw was when he kissed me on the lips as I was leaving his office. That made me very uncomfortable. I switched to a different doctor.He scared me away from having a man doctor. I feel bad saying that because I'm sure there are some good male doctors out there. But not for me.
Lifer Couch

Chesapeake, VA

#658 Jan 24, 2012
Sue wrote:
Dr. D'souza has treated myself and my family members for a number of years. His behavior has been both professional and compasionate.
Too bad he didn't give you grammar lessons
Lifer Couch

Chesapeake, VA

#659 Jan 24, 2012
Professional Misconduct wrote:
I'm reading all of these comments and can see both sides of the argument.
Some patients have had a very good experience with this doctor and find him competent to deliver their children and provide good medical care.
Some other patients were harmed by this doctor. He looked for a vulnerability in the patient; he tested for threshholds; he crossed boundaries; made comments; some inappropriate touches; maybe even made some patients believe that they were "special" and that he cared about them. Predator-doctors (and other professionals) know how to work it...and for the most part...ensure that their patient/victims will keep quiet about the sexual misconduct and walk away shameful and full of guilt.
If you really want to get educated on this topic, I suggest that you visit www.advocateweb.org and/or www.therapyabuse.org . Both websites provide education and support for victims who have been sexually abused by professionals (like doctors, psychiatrist, therapists, etc.). There are other websites that deal with clergy abuse, priest abuse, teacher-student abuse, etc.
But it's all the same: someone in a position of power misuses that power with someone who came to them for help. There is an imbalance of power and therefore, lack of true adult consent.
Please educate yourselves...this is a real problem that can happen to YOU, your children, your friends, your mother, etc.
Did he hit anybody in the balloon knot
tbird19482

Walnut, CA

#660 Jan 24, 2012
Lifer Couch wrote:
Too bad he didn't give you grammar lessons
It's spelled GRAMMER, Life, which you'd know had you went to collage, which you din't! And if you did, you would have shown up to Jack Asstors to prove it but you din't.

Have a nice night.
Lifer Couch

Chesapeake, VA

#661 Jan 24, 2012
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>It's spelled GRAMMER, Life, which you'd know had you went to collage, which you din't! And if you did, you would have shown up to Jack Asstors to prove it but you din't.
Have a nice night.
I stand currected
curious

United States

#662 Feb 21, 2013
What ever became of this? Has he returned to full practice? He delivered my daughter at children's hospital in 2005 and I'm just wondering now that ill be having my son in 3 months again at children's if he could possibly be able to deliver my son also? I've been told he doesn't practice gyno or labor and delivery anymore is this true? If so why? I am reading from my phone and so unable to see reason for comments just title and comments no full body story. Can someone fill me in briefly in comments? Thank you!
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Buffalo, NY

#663 Feb 21, 2013
curious wrote:
Can someone fill me in briefly in comments? Thank you!
NO!

How much do you weigh?

How much did you weigh before your baby daddy knocked you up, out of wedlock?
I hate idiots

Orchard Park, NY

#664 Feb 21, 2013
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>It's spelled GRAMMER, Life, which you'd know had you went to collage, which you din't! And if you did, you would have shown up to Jack Asstors to prove it but you din't.
Have a nice night.
Collage made my grammer good
curious

United States

#665 Feb 22, 2013
I was inquiring because I did not want this doctor to be able to just be a pop up er delivery option for my next child. In 2005 when I had my daughter our docs Wed met in the ob office I was told were already exhausted delivering several babies this day. Also the anesthesiologist was pre occupied also too long with other women that by the time I had to push my epidermal didn't even have effect yet! To make matters worse I could not push out my daughter completely confused as to why I cried thinking shed die. I begged so many times for a er cesarean but was told no I had two children prior there's no reason u cant do this was what the doc said. Instead he had two other nurses or docs come in and push excessively on my stomach while he reached in and forced her out vaginaly. In the process her collar bone was broken and she ended up in intensive care foe fluid in her lungs. Oh and go figure she was 10lbs 8oz not 7-8 like children's had said for 9months and my glucose tests said I was not diabetic so could her excessive weight have been that they refused to induce me until she was two wks past her due date? Instead of coming into my rm the next am apologizing for yelling at me like a complete jerk during my delivery and all their Sonograms being wrong he continued yelling at me about what a baby I performed like and insisted I should've been able to handle it then insisted I should never have children again! Since I've had two more daughters 100% complication free delivered on their due dates! I'm strongly considering going back to mercy for my last 3 months and delivery. I'm very scared of children's know this doc practiced there at all and seeing the way they perform still as a assembly line with little care for compassion in general from just phone conversation with scheduling a appt all the way to actual visits and delivery! My children's births and my health are not part of a assembly line where parts can be broken and its just ok because the next 100 products will be ok! PS to the obvious child who inquired about wedlock and my weight I've been happily married for 11yrs and am very happy with my health/body after 5 soon to be 6 children :) however given that's all you said after all that's been said and done I truely feel sorry for you as a person! Sadly you must've suffered some trauma yourself as a child!
Debby Sinclair

Windsor, Canada

#666 Jan 9, 2014
Patient wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the board did not believe all of them. It originally started out as 11 complaints, they threw out 2 and found 5 not credible. YOU, read the report.
Sorry but that raises a red flag on this whole thing for me. No, I don't believe as a former patient that I knew every aspect of his personality but what I did know was very professional, kind & caring.
I am in total SHOCK & DISBELIEVE, I was a patient of Dr. D'Souza in Toronto, Ontario Canada before he moved to Buffalo in around 1993 He was the best doctor I had He delivered 2 of my children & operated on me several times for different medical problems. He was the most caring kind compassionate dr Ive met in a long time. He never handed out Narcotics, atleast not like im reading. He made sure i had a good Doctor to deliver my 3rd as he would not be there. He knew I was very worried. He was never anything but professional, kind, caring. Everyone back here at Hospital he worked from Simply adore & Love him. There was never any complaints r problems. So what if a dr writes down ur likds names, really. They see so many ppl & deliver so many babies I would think they have tro be Einstien if they actually remembered every single person name etc... I always think its cool if somplace remembers my cats name, my kids etc.. But then I also wonder how with so many ppl they come in contact with.I think they must write it down & check chart before they come in. Cuz I cant be that special that they would remember every single person all these years. I feel its just politeness Stop reading into it. Maybe cuz in Ny everyone has to pay for evey medical thing. Can't imagine that. But if it wasnt for the money I was gonna come there to Buffalo to have him deliver my 3rd baby. But I couldnt afford outrages prices. We here are lucky we have Ontario Health Coverage. I Miss Him Dearly
Debby Sinclair

Windsor, Canada

#667 Jan 9, 2014
To Curiousam sorry you had such bad expierence at Hospital. Maybe our Hospitals in Ontario CANADA are much different. Never had those problems. & in I had somne complication with my 1st child Dr. D'Souza kept coming in & checkin me after they broke water & started to induce but he continued to check to make sure I was comfortable & everything was ok with baby. He was right on re: weight of my children before delivery. He said thy gonna be an average wieght of about 7lbs to 7-1/2. First child was 7lbs 4oz 2nd child was 7lbs 2oz. I was always pleased with him & nursing staff at Etbicoke General Hospital. They were very caring & supportive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary clinton IRS investigation 1 hr Norman VN 1
Attorney John Liberti arrested (Aug '10) 3 hr I know the victim 43
Do black lives really matter? 4 hr Buck Rohde 28
What's the deal with Fr. Joe Rogliano 8 hr Richie Rich 4
Force LIEF COACH out of retirement (Jun '15) 10 hr Teh REAL Lief Coach 14
Life Coach does 100 pushups in 2 minutes 11 hr Teh REAL Lief Coach 4
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr stupid republicans 20,391

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages