Police say Mother Allegedly Tried to ...

Police say Mother Allegedly Tried to Smother her Baby at Women ...

There are 130 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from May 30, 2008, titled Police say Mother Allegedly Tried to Smother her Baby at Women .... In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

Buffalo Police say a 27-year-old mother, Marcia Mitchell of Batavia, is charged with attempted murder for trying to smother her infant daughter at Women & Children's Hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Truthseeker

Umeå, Sweden

#122 Jun 4, 2008
It is a fact that we live in a society that endorses the mass killing of innocent children every day. Why is this case so different? Should this mother not have the right to kill her child? Is it not her choice?
*sarcasm*
I mean had she aborted the child months earlier, well that would have been perfectly ok because... it’s her choice! Perhaps she simply waited too long to decide?!?!?

Now she's facing attempted murder charges? What is wrong with people? Does not one of you see the hypocrisy in this? The fact that so many of you are disturbed by this shows some moral courage to stand up and say something, that there is evil in this... but that is only the tip of the iceberg. Yes this is outrageous, yes she deserves to be put away forever, but how is it different than any other day? I'll leave with this thought, since the start of the Iraq war nearly 7,000,000 babies have been killed because of "mom’s choice". Where's the news coverage for those dead babies and those murderers?

Think about that.

“Work in progress”

Since: May 08

Clarence NY

#123 Jun 4, 2008
Truthseeker wrote:
It is a fact that we live in a society that endorses the mass killing of innocent children every day. Why is this case so different? Should this mother not have the right to kill her child? Is it not her choice?
*sarcasm*
I mean had she aborted the child months earlier, well that would have been perfectly ok because... it’s her choice! Perhaps she simply waited too long to decide?!?!?
Now she's facing attempted murder charges? What is wrong with people? Does not one of you see the hypocrisy in this? The fact that so many of you are disturbed by this shows some moral courage to stand up and say something, that there is evil in this... but that is only the tip of the iceberg. Yes this is outrageous, yes she deserves to be put away forever, but how is it different than any other day? I'll leave with this thought, since the start of the Iraq war nearly 7,000,000 babies have been killed because of "mom’s choice". Where's the news coverage for those dead babies and those murderers?
Think about that.
I dont choose to voice where I stand on abortion issues but many feel the difference is no soul till birth. No life till birth. I just dont see where many are going to see this as the same only 7 months later.
F GUMP

Flushing, NY

#124 Jun 5, 2008
Truthseeker wrote:
*sarcasm*
Think about that.
This is not an abortion thread.. nor is it a thread on the war.. those are seperate issues. Right to Lifers could find a way to tie abortion into any subject...
Someone close to the case

Pittsburgh, PA

#125 Nov 26, 2008
truth teller wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely her familiy has been tring to get her help for years, she left town to live near Dave's family. Now they have had 4 fires, that I know of, in different residences, 2 fires before she left town, some of the fires were in Darien. She reported a former boyfriend of stalking, in Darien, his home town is 70 plus miles away. He was arrested until there wasn't enough evidence, charges were dropped. This is a serious incidence and is should not be made light of, PLEASE no more jokes.
I don't know who you are or how you know any of this information...but check your facts...Dave has had only two wives, and I am one. Yes, he was in a facility, but you made it out to be as though he is a nutcase and that is not the truth. This man is a great father...and thankfully, the State of New York figured that out. He will take good care of HIS daughter and hopefully that psycho stays behind bars where she belongs for the rest of her miserable life!

Pittsburgh, PA

#126 Nov 26, 2008
Life Coach wrote:
Did you notice the mother and father had different last names?
When will people realized that it is never a good idea for a single mother to keep her baby instead of giving it up for adoption so it can have a real family
I have been monitoring these comments from time to time just to see if anyone has anything new to say. I can't believe I never saw this before. Before I met my ex husband, which happens to be this child's father, I was a single mother of two. My kids have a great life. And Dave, is still involved in every aspect of their lives.
rahrah

AOL

#127 Dec 1, 2008
Author Author wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easy to figure out. As a writer, I think like one.
She wanted to kill the baby but didn't want to be blamed. If the baby died in a hospital, the hospital would be blamed. Or so she thought.
no she knew she wouldnt get away with it the baby was in the picu and was under 24hr video survalliance with nurses all over constantly the lady is just a crazy crazy psycho who wont get away with it have no fear they wont let her plead insanity she tried.
rahrah

AOL

#128 Dec 1, 2008
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>It's only fair. There's two sides to every story. The baby could have provoked her.
try again that little baby was the most well behaved baby ive ever had the pleasure to be around she was soo happy never cried and loved to laugh and play she absolutely didnt deserve anything like that and now shes happy and safe and doing very well with her family
rahrah

AOL

#129 Dec 1, 2008
Summer gal wrote:
Like someone said before they should of rammed the pillow down Mitchell's throat. Don't blame it on depression her children are obviously not safe with her or the father. Thank God the child is all right. Mitchell is know way what you would call a "mother". She is pretty pschy to me and should never be able to see her children again!
it cant be blamed on the depression shes crazy and i hope she spends the rest of her life in jail believe me i want nothing more than for her to never see the light of day again but as for the father he is a great father the reason he wasnt in the hospital was because he had two kids at home that he was taking care of he tried to get her to go home and hell stay with her and she wouldnt leave... i still cant believe how or why this happened but dont blame the father hes an amazing father
rahrah

AOL

#130 Dec 1, 2008
truth teller wrote:
Mom has a long history of mental illness. she has been treated in several inpatient facilities over the last 3-4 years, they give pills and say be on your way. Now for the father where do you think she met him? Yep, an inpatient facility, they were both patients at the time. He has 3, still married to one, other wives and several other children. The other child to the mother was being raised by a loving family member until marcia took he and left town with her. Marcia herself has a seizure disorder,compulsive lying and possible pyromania. She needs HELP, not criticism from idiots!!
truth teller huh really truth teller are you the loving family member who got the 6yr old takin away by the mother really o really wow because i have respect for that little 8yr old i wont say why that statement is soooo unbelievably wrong... that little girl deserves an actual loving family not with the supposive loving family member you call yourself why dont you try telling some truths i hope noone in that family ever gets to see her or that precious little baby again! and i know the father will fight to the death to make sure that mother or "loving family member" never sees the baby again or the 8yr

“Freak of the Week!”

Since: Dec 08

Bangkok

#132 Dec 2, 2008
MAN - THIS WOMAN SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HERSELF. GIHAD.
Someone Close to the Case

Martinsburg, PA

#133 Dec 4, 2008
rahrah wrote:
<quoted text>
truth teller huh really truth teller are you the loving family member who got the 6yr old takin away by the mother really o really wow because i have respect for that little 8yr old i wont say why that statement is soooo unbelievably wrong... that little girl deserves an actual loving family not with the supposive loving family member you call yourself why dont you try telling some truths i hope noone in that family ever gets to see her or that precious little baby again! and i know the father will fight to the death to make sure that mother or "loving family member" never sees the baby again or the 8yr
"Loving family member" my big baducha Rahrah has it exactly right! This so called loving family member...wow...would I like to meet her/him! Crazy people that breed raise even crazier people...that whole stinkin family (the psycho egg donor's family) should be in prison. I don't think any of you them know what a "loving family" really is.

The only thing I can hope for is that the other inmates show this maniac what they do with child abusers and the like. Jail is an unforgiving kind of atmosphere and hopefully she gets exactly what she deserves!!! Who knows? Maybe society and the NY taxpayers will get lucky and someone will stick a pillow over her face!
Someone Close to the Case

Martinsburg, PA

#134 Dec 4, 2008
Oh, and for all of you who felt the need to trash the dad...don't be so quick to judge...the baby is now at home with her dad and her FAMILY, the people that love her and cherish her the way she should be. The agencies saw the greatness in David and have given him the honor of raising HIS daughter.

Pittsburgh, PA

#135 Dec 5, 2008
Mother Theresa wrote:
She just wanted to kill her baby whats the big deal? IT IS HER BABY!!!! why do you people keep this shit up? even OBAMA SAYS ITS OK TO KILL A BABY once its outside the womb IF THE MOTHER WANTS IT DEAD! what was she suppose to do? stuff towels in her hole to keep it there until Buckwheat signs the freedom of abortion act ? be serious GET OFF THIS MOTHERS BACK!!!!
This comment is absolutely abominable. I am not an abortion advocate but any rational human being knows there is a difference between an abortion and murder. GET OFF THIS MOTHER'S BACK??? Let me ask you, have you ever looked into the eyes of a child? What about into the eyes of the child in question -- because I have done both. She is one of the most remarkable babies I have ever had the pleasure of being around. Smart, loving, INNOCENT...To think that anyone would advocate what this "egg donor" tried to do to her, let's just say, may the powers that be have mercy on you. Whichever powers you believe in.

Karma has a way of coming back to bite you when you least expect it. I believe Marcia will get hers in the end in one form or another...as for you, what goes around comes around...heaven forbid you should ever have to go through what this child and her FAMILY have endured since all of this transpired. I would never wish that on anyone, but Karma will get you for your putrid thoughts. It's always around the corner and three fold is a horrible thing to have staring you in the face when what you are being returned is hatred, stupidity, and ignorance.

She is nothing more than a low life murdering so and so and somehow, someway, someday...Karma will get her. I can only hope it makes the news just like this so everyone knows.
Lonely Ghost

Bradford, PA

#136 Jan 7, 2009
hoping for justice

Bellwood, PA

#137 Mar 5, 2009
Lonely Ghost wrote:
http://www.buffalonews.com/cit yregion/buffaloerie/story/5219 18.html
Read This
I really hope she is convicted of everything. I would have to say I am extremely disappointed in the NY judicial system for lowering her charges from attempted murder to felony assault.
25 years is not enough for this piece of garbage -- but then again we can all hope for some good old fashioned vigilante justice, right? What goes around comes around -- give her a pillow and tell her to enjoy it. Maybe a nice blanket party?
All I know is Karma will get her. I just hope it makes her suffer!!!!
Liz

Tonawanda, NY

#138 Feb 8, 2010
Marcia did NOT do this. I know her, and I know that she loves her children with all her heart. the situation has caused her to be in such turmoil that she has twice attempted suicide. this whole situation is one big lie, and the DA is absolutely to blame.
crazy breeds crazy

Pittsburgh, PA

#139 Mar 11, 2010
Anyone who would defend this woman is as crazy as she is. Here's an update for you...she plead guilty...GUILTY! And now she is going to jail. Real jail, not a holding center.

As for attempting to commit suicide...too bad her attempt failed.
MEGGIAN

Pittsburgh, PA

#140 Jul 17, 2010
i know the woman who has the baby know i work with her and she is a very good mom to her she told me about the story that lady needs to burn in hell i have a 8 month old daughter and would not think about even hurting my little girl i love her to death and i dont know why someone would be so sick to do that to a baby -- im glad for who has the baby she is in good hands now
Brianna

Hamburg, NY

#141 Nov 24, 2010
I was personally in jail with this women... she really has something wrong with her mentally and she does feel bad about it... she tried 2 kill herself twice... giver her a break. She was the nicest person i met... some ppl just dont kno whats right or wrong or wats real n wats not.
Toots

United States

#142 Dec 29, 2012
This sick bitxh was in Monroe county jail w/me dec 2012 telling everyone She is facing 50-life for arson as a second felony. Said she lit a fire in her house after her 11yo daughter walked across the st on south ave after baby sitting & got hit by a drunk driver DOA. She had an arson to her complex in jan '12 & the one in Nov...OMG if I knew this smothering crap before hand Ida add sure everyone knew!! I'm disgusted!
NF Mom wrote:
That poor child. With the way our justice system is the mother will try to get off on some mental illness plea and get some psychiatric evaluations then be released with no punishment. Her other children aren't safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Buffalo Wild Wings founders inducted into ``Hal... (Sep '07) 10 hr Mikeb800 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr NotInPotatoQuality 20,387
Do black lives really matter? 12 hr Matt Kruse 20
What's the deal with Fr. Joe Rogliano Mon NB expat 1
Life Coach does 100 pushups in 2 minutes Jul 21 sister Pendulous ... 3
News Close up tour of Hoyt Lake (Aug '08) Jul 21 Reader 29
Tom Jolls Sister ? (Sep '08) Jul 21 Reader 2

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages