Police say Mother Allegedly Tried to ...

Police say Mother Allegedly Tried to Smother her Baby at Women ...

There are 130 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from May 30, 2008, titled Police say Mother Allegedly Tried to Smother her Baby at Women .... In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

Buffalo Police say a 27-year-old mother, Marcia Mitchell of Batavia, is charged with attempted murder for trying to smother her infant daughter at Women & Children's Hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Jane Doe

Syracuse, NY

#26 May 31, 2008
I wonder if they will give the girl back to the mother. Wouldn't surprise me. I have absolutely no faith in Child Protective Services.

I told them about a dangerous situation with my ex daughter-in-law and my grandson and they investigated, believed their lies, and never did a thing.

Finally the courts helped us and got the poor kid away from the beast. He is doing so much better.
He was 9 years old and still in diapers! They did NOTHING.
lwm

New Windsor, NY

#27 May 31, 2008
Munchausen or mom just couldn't handle one more mouth to feed - not hard to make it look you are
a concerned mother - what about history with her other children ??? Its not unusual for a mother to single out one child ..........
Obviously

United States

#28 May 31, 2008
Author Author wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easy to figure out. As a writer, I think like one.
She wanted to kill the baby but didn't want to be blamed. If the baby died in a hospital, the hospital would be blamed. Or so she thought.
I totally get it, but it still doesn't make sense. She would've known she would have been suspected right?

Hmmmm, acting suspicious they say, I'd like to know how so. Maybe that will help me make more sense of this odd story. Am I the only one who thinks it seems odd so far?

Could she have been like that one mother who would almost kill the baby then bring it back to life and claim a seizure of some sort?
Obviously

United States

#29 May 31, 2008
lwm wrote:
Munchausen or mom just couldn't handle one more mouth to feed - not hard to make it look you are
a concerned mother - what about history with her other children ??? Its not unusual for a mother to single out one child ..........
True, those Dave Pelzer books are horrid! Can't imagine surviving that!
sunny days are a must

AOL

#30 May 31, 2008
WHY? I dont get it . What a lowlife scumbag she is . Theres 2 words in the English language that I hate and shes both of them
Eric

United States

#31 May 31, 2008
funnyguy wrote:
<quoted text>YO man is you all a black trash ??Yall better look in da mirror or r ya cowd ?
You should consider a name change.
Eric

United States

#32 May 31, 2008
Jane Doe wrote:
I wonder if they will give the girl back to the mother. Wouldn't surprise me. I have absolutely no faith in Child Protective Services.
I told them about a dangerous situation with my ex daughter-in-law and my grandson and they investigated, believed their lies, and never did a thing.
Finally the courts helped us and got the poor kid away from the beast. He is doing so much better.
He was 9 years old and still in diapers! They did NOTHING.
it's all about you.
Steve in South Buff

Lancaster, NY

#33 May 31, 2008
At least the baby is ok. That being said, I say put the mother in jail for a few years, then when she gets out, give her kids back to her. I am sure will have learned her lesson and will never harm another child again. Yeah right, believe that and ur just as stupid as she is.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#34 May 31, 2008
king of op wrote:
munchousin syndrom
Thanks couldn't spell that this am lol
fed up

Buffalo, NY

#35 May 31, 2008
another nut case in wny
king of op

Hamburg, NY

#36 May 31, 2008
Wilson Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks couldn't spell that this am lol
me either....i spelled it wrong too . unbelievably no one ripped us up for it either !! lol!!

“Work in progress”

Since: May 08

Clarence NY

#37 May 31, 2008
Really you can tell if someone has been smothered the baby wasnt a new born. If that was the plan to blame the hos staff then shes a total moron! Can you use that as a suitable defence? Idiocracy??(cant spell either guess Im on the right thread lol) Have they released a statement from the father? Love to read that!
Eric

United States

#38 May 31, 2008
I think it's important that we take a moment and look at it from the Mother's perspective. Maybe that baby was really, really annoying her and wouldn't shut up.
YankeesRock

Buffalo, NY

#39 May 31, 2008
Eric wrote:
I think it's important that we take a moment and look at it from the Mother's perspective. Maybe that baby was really, really annoying her and wouldn't shut up.
Is there something wrong with you - what a crap comment, next time keep to yourself. Possibly a pillow to shut you up.
Eric

United States

#40 May 31, 2008
YankeesRock wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there something wrong with you - what a crap comment, next time keep to yourself. Possibly a pillow to shut you up.
It's only fair. There's two sides to every story. The baby could have provoked her.

AOL

#41 May 31, 2008
Eric wrote:
As the mother to 7 kids ...Heres what ya do ,The baby is crying for no reason,(i.e. not hungery ,wet whatever) you place the baby gently in crib walk away , shut door. Then call a friend ,watch tv ,what ever to chill oout ..YOU do NOT try to smoother the baby ..........Hope this so called mom gets time and the help she needs but place the babywith caring people ....
James from Kaisertown

United States

#42 May 31, 2008
Wouldn't the liberals just call this POST abortion.

Liberals love murdering Gods innocent children.

The soulless, Godless, immoral (B) a s t a r d s !
king of op

Hamburg, NY

#43 May 31, 2008
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>It's only fair. There's two sides to every story. The baby could have provoked her.
okay randall. you have watched clerks 2 waaaaaay too much .
thom Buffalo NY

Dunkirk, NY

#45 May 31, 2008
I can already tell you the outcome of this arrest. Since the perpetrator was a woman ... and mother .... she will most likely receive probation, or a token jail sentence of 6 months. If the husband or father had comitted the offense ... he would get the max. jail time. Yes ! There IS a double standard in the justice system. A woman commits a serious offense, she gets a slap on the wrist. The same offense comitted by a man ... he gets max. jail time. I've never understood it. Perhaps the ACLU will someday explore this prejudicial action.

AOL

#47 May 31, 2008
Seven stinking kids wrote:
<quoted text>
the hell is wrong with you? you need to ge your uterus carved out like a pumpkin for all the overpopulation you are causing. skank.
Hello 3 are mine, 2 are steps I helped raise cause their mother is a @ss ,2 are adopted !! Get the facts before you dis some one ... And I have never gotten anything from the state for any of them......I will be waiting for your sorrys

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Blue Wall 1 hr WTF 3
any girl phonesex with this guy? (Mar '13) 5 hr Frustrated Dad 84
All Liberals Are Sociopaths (Jun '13) 8 hr Ibid 159
Review: Collision Master LLC 11 hr BODY SHOP 4
NEW! Kingsmen MC Top Ten List! MUST READ! (Nov '08) 11 hr TheWeaponsystem 121
is Nalina Shapiro fat? (Dec '12) 15 hr Joe Guy 77
A Buffalo Favorite! Wed AnotherOne BitesT... 1
More from around the web

Buffalo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE