Police say Mother Allegedly Tried to Smother her Baby at Women ...

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo 129
Buffalo Police say a 27-year-old mother, Marcia Mitchell of Batavia, is charged with attempted murder for trying to smother her infant daughter at Women & Children's Hospital. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Michelle

United States

#2 May 31, 2008
How could any mother do that to a child is beyond me.
Tootsie

Lincoln, NE

#3 May 31, 2008
with all the people wanting to adopt children this is an insane act. I hope the other children are removed from this house to assure the safety of the children.

Since: Apr 08

Rochester, NY

#6 May 31, 2008
poor baby
Bookey the Elephant

Buffalo, NY

#7 May 31, 2008
Why didn't the staff just take the pillow away and jam it down the mothers throat!
bjw in buffalo

United States

#10 May 31, 2008
How someone can joke about something so serious is beyond me.
king of op

Hamburg, NY

#11 May 31, 2008
bjw in buffalo wrote:
How someone can joke about something so serious is beyond me.
these heartless bloggers do not care . they have NOTHING so life in it's self is a joke to them . it'll be not so funny when it affects them personally . sad that it's going to take a tragedy to WAKE these self-absorbed morons up .
bob

Buffalo, NY

#12 May 31, 2008
white trash
Obviously

United States

#13 May 31, 2008
Something is rather strange with this story.

I'm elated that the baby wasn't hurt. I'm confused though as to why a mother staying with her ill baby would try to kill it in a hospital with tons of people around?

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark...
king of op

Hamburg, NY

#14 May 31, 2008
Obviously wrote:
I'm elated that the baby wasn't hurt. I'm confused though as to why a mother staying with her ill baby would try to kill it in a hospital with tons of people around?
actually in the nursery it's extemely quiet and deserted . my one daughter was 3 months premature and 98% of the time when i went to see her i was in the room alone . once in awhile a nurse would come in and ask if i needed anything . they show you where everything is ,diapers ,formula....then let you have some nice quiet time with your bundle of joy .
NF Mom

Bangor, ME

#15 May 31, 2008
That poor child. With the way our justice system is the mother will try to get off on some mental illness plea and get some psychiatric evaluations then be released with no punishment. Her other children aren't safe.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#16 May 31, 2008
Obviously wrote:
They have those Moms that so crave the attention that hurt their children to get it . They make their child sick ....Know alot of medical jargen , I know what it is call ,can't spell it lol munchin something
Thank God that the child is alright
king of op

Hamburg, NY

#17 May 31, 2008
munchousin syndrom
Sick of it too

Rockland, ME

#18 May 31, 2008
king of op wrote:
munchousin syndrom
By Proxy. Also, if your baby dies in a hospital and know one really knows why...lawsuit...lot of money and sympathy.
king of op

Hamburg, NY

#19 May 31, 2008
Sick of it too wrote:
<quoted text>By Proxy. Also, if your baby dies in a hospital and know one really knows why...lawsuit...lot of money and sympathy.
thanks....i knew there was more to it!
Eric

United States

#20 May 31, 2008
bob wrote:
white trash
did it say she was white?
Sick of it too

Rockland, ME

#21 May 31, 2008
king of op wrote:
<quoted text>thanks....i knew there was more to it!
I took me a long time to remember it too, but I couldn't remember how to spell it.
Hockey Girl in Rochester

Rochester, NY

#22 May 31, 2008
That is horrible, I have to agree with the person that mentioned that there are people just wanting to adopt babies. I had cervical cancer and I am unable to conceive, my husband and I have looked into adoption...but it's so difficult, because the parents have to terminate their parental rights. Not knowing this young lady's background, some women have baby's to get financial assistance, but there is something mentally wrong with her. The state should step in an terminate her rights as a parent to this child.
funnyguy

Camden, ME

#23 May 31, 2008
bob wrote:
white trash
YO man is you all a black trash ??Yall better look in da mirror or r ya cowd ?
Author Author

Syracuse, NY

#24 May 31, 2008
Obviously wrote:
That's easy to figure out. As a writer, I think like one.

She wanted to kill the baby but didn't want to be blamed. If the baby died in a hospital, the hospital would be blamed. Or so she thought.
Author Author

Syracuse, NY

#25 May 31, 2008
king of op wrote:
munchousin syndrom
munchausen syndrome

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leo Cudney Accusations 16 min factcheck 2
Buffalo: City of G__________ N_________rs 23 min MAYOR DYSASTER 4
2014 Forum Personality Of The Year 50 min Lung Crow 13
southeast works cover-up (Oct '12) 4 hr Hellraiser 469
Php 11 hr danpwrbottom 1
Amherst NY does not need low income housing 15 hr Buck Rohde 12
Mafiasos eluding the law 15 hr Buck Rohde 4
Buffalo Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web