Review: USA READER CLUB

Posted in the Buffalo Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
carol

Chambersburg, PA

#1 Dec 15, 2009
this is a scam and you will receive something from a collection agency with a cancellation date prior to the receipt of the letter so you can not get out of this. I will be fighting it but I urge you to avoid this with everything in your power. They called my husband at work and refused to take no and he was too busy to argue. Don't let this happen to you!
marie

AOL

#2 Dec 17, 2009
it is not a scam. the offer is pretty straight forward if you enjoy magazines. have gotten my money's worth and it is not much at all. good product/magazine service. however, their customer service managers are extremely rude and pushy... hence, their lack of formal education is quite evident.
Joel

AOL

#3 Jan 19, 2010
I am very happy with the magazines I'm getting through these folks for less than four bucks a week. No complaints from me.
sammy

Prosperity, SC

#4 Mar 5, 2010
Thanks for the info, I just received a call from them. He didn't mention the charge until after I was told their wouldn't be a cost. I declined the offer and immediately looked them up. Thanks again for your comments
Tina

Covina, CA

#5 Apr 23, 2010
Its def not a scam..I enjoy every second of it!
JZ n KT

Lockport, NY

#6 Apr 23, 2010
I wish I could read.
Fernie

Hialeah, FL

#7 May 28, 2010
DON'T DO IT THIS IS A BIG SCAM!!!
Scott

AOL

#9 Aug 19, 2010
Not a scam. It is a no frills and very cheap magazine service. Only an idiot would protest four dollars a week. I get my daily newspaper delivered to my home for about $5.99 a week. So why not my magazines?! Again, only an idiot would have an issue with this.
Harvard

Memphis, TN

#11 Sep 16, 2010
Scam or no scam 6 magazines a month for 3.97 a week is a good deal. But if its so great then why trap people in with a no cancelation policy? what are you afriad of if what you're offering is so good? Something is wrong with this picture.
Harvard

Memphis, TN

#12 Sep 16, 2010
if you are running a valid business you should really reconsider your no cancelation policy. it scares people. you're calling them at home or work. they can't see you or know who you are and even if they buy into you "great product" it feels more like a trap if they can't get out of it if they'd like to. Your product should be good enough that they wouldn't want to get out of it even if they could. Bad customer service!
call center worker

Lancaster, NY

#13 Oct 14, 2010
i work for this company and personnaly even i think its a fantastic deal. the reason we seem so rude and pushy is because its our job to do so..sorry if youve had a bad experience
Former Employee

Buffalo, NY

#14 Feb 25, 2011
To Carol.. I have close relations with the company. They are straight forward about their product and they let you know when asked anything you would like to know. Your husband if he did not want the service could have easily hung up. They would not have called him back or even bothered with him if he didnt express some interest. The confirmers in the company let you know before your order is placed that you are being entered into the club for 36 months with out cancellation. Some people do not like the fact of a larger commitment and are un aware because they just don't ask the question. There are 2 different times where your husband was contacted so not only did he accept the terms the first time he allowed the supervisors to call him back. They are doing their job just like everyone else and it's about money, they would not have sacraficed their job knowing that he didn't really want it... It's called sales and that's what happened. He got Sold and now the aftermath is too heavy for you. On another note you can change the selection around anytime you would like and your price remains the same seriously who ever stops reading only thing that will change is what you enjoy...That's why they offer you 6 out of over 150 to choose from...
Former Employee

Buffalo, NY

#15 Feb 25, 2011
sammy wrote:
Thanks for the info, I just received a call from them. He didn't mention the charge until after I was told their wouldn't be a cost. I declined the offer and immediately looked them up. Thanks again for your comments
They NEVER say there is no cost...The magazines are prepaid for your only pay is to get them to you....They use words that idiots get confused by such as prepaid for...with out usual newstand charges....
Russ Solomon

AOL

#16 Nov 4, 2011
I have signed up with them twice thus far. Enjoyed my experience the first time around and I did it again. There has never been an issue. Only issues I am having are my ISSUES (Get it?)of my favorite magazines coming to my home. No fusses, no stresses just plenty of good magazines.
Nicole

Buffalo, NY

#17 Dec 2, 2011
Overall Satisified. My daughter loves It! We have fun changing them around. They do tell you its for 36 months without cancellation, I knew exactly what I got into and we love it.
current employee

Buffalo, NY

#18 Dec 2, 2011
I've worked here for years. We always tell the customer exactly whats going on. 6 magazines, 36 months, $3.92 a week. You can change your selection around at anytime, some mags come weekly, some monthy, whatever you select you get them as they are published. The cost stays the same because they are all paid ahead of time for you, so no price increase Its a very fair deal.
Avid Reader

North Tonawanda, NY

#19 Dec 2, 2011
Are any publications from Ghetto Free Press of Kaisertown available?
Rita jackson

Buffalo, NY

#20 Dec 27, 2011
This company is great. I been with these guys for 6 years and have all the current issues right at my fingertips.... Love you Guys!
Lisa

Stamford, CT

#21 Jun 27, 2012
carol wrote:
this is a scam and you will receive something from a collection agency with a cancellation date prior to the receipt of the letter so you can not get out of this. I will be fighting it but I urge you to avoid this with everything in your power. They called my husband at work and refused to take no and he was too busy to argue. Don't let this happen to you!
this is a scam, they called me at work and convince me to order the magazines, its almost 2 months and I only received 2 magazines, now they have a different story as for shipping terms, it will take 6-8 weeks. my question is if it takes that long why didn't they mention this and besides, they will look forward for payment in one month and I still won't have the magazines as promised !
Rick

West Falls, NY

#22 Sep 27, 2012
I've been with the service for two years now, it's exactly what they say. 6 maagazines for 36 months. if you take the sevice finish it out and stop complaining. it's very clear when they call.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 36 min Reverend Tchurkoff 20,975
Gay Skype Fun (Aug '15) 3 hr Disobedient 41
Does Night Heat need a Lief Coach? 7 hr ha ha it can core... 2
When dating a Colombian man, what are some info... (Sep '13) Sat Coffee savings 36
Buffalo NY - Attn Adoptees and Birth Parents an... (Nov '13) Fri jbohacek 17
Ghetto assed names in the news (Nov '16) Fri Ken 15
Philip Litten Jul 21 test 3

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages