what happened to Amherst??

Posted in the Buffalo Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dr boyer

Buffalo, NY

#1 Jun 28, 2009
remember when Amherst used to be a great town to live in? Ill give you one guess why its not anymore...
jill

Wellsville, NY

#2 Jun 28, 2009
Looney Acres?
Mohan Madness

Buffalo, NY

#3 Jun 28, 2009
jill wrote:
Looney Acres?
Satish.....what a guy.

He and his relatives and friends sure have
done a lot for us.
Buffalo is a joke

Buffalo, NY

#4 Jun 28, 2009
I've gone into detail on this issue on recent blogs.

1) Allenhurst Projects
2) Easy access on NFT to Amherst strip malls along NFB, Sheridan, Maple, Transit,etc.
3) Close proximity to eastside of Buffalo (University Plaza on 3500 Main may be in the Town of Amherst, but it's an extension of the Eastside now. Go into Tops and you can see.)
dr boyer

Buffalo, NY

#5 Jun 28, 2009
Buffalo is a joke wrote:
I've gone into detail on this issue on recent blogs.
1) Allenhurst Projects
2) Easy access on NFT to Amherst strip malls along NFB, Sheridan, Maple, Transit,etc.
3) Close proximity to eastside of Buffalo (University Plaza on 3500 Main may be in the Town of Amherst, but it's an extension of the Eastside now. Go into Tops and you can see.)
You're right. Sucks for the homeowners out there.
Robert Laity

Buffalo, NY

#6 Jun 28, 2009
dr boyer wrote:
<quoted text> You're right. Sucks for the homeowners out there.
Aren't they still building expensive ($1,000,000+) homes in Amherst?
Buffalo is a joke

Buffalo, NY

#7 Jun 28, 2009
Expensive homes are now mostly in the eastern part of the town. Technically, the most expensive ones are in the Town of Clarence despite it being considered East Amherst. That area near Transit and Clarence Center Road IMO are the highest end homes. Many Sabres past and present resided there (Hasek,Scotty Bowman,etc.). The SW area where I have a home I've spoken in great deal on. negative equity and the Amherst School District is now the "ghetto" of Amherst. To my understanding, our northern neighbors in Sweet home are getting darker by the year too. what's happened in the Longmeadow bailey area will be Sweet Home in 10 years guaranteed. They have low income projects up near North French and NFB now so as stated, Sweet Home area is getting dark too.
jill

Wellsville, NY

#8 Jun 28, 2009
What is known as the Lincoln park area of Tonawanda is also inhabited by the darker side. They can't afford to buy homes, they just rent in the low income projects too, or duplexes. It's a shame to see such nice neighborhoods become so trashy. The police really don't want to do anything about the behavior of the youth because they are afraid of the dark. They will not approach the youth without a back up, so if the police don't have to be there, they just stay out of the area all together.
Roofer

Tonawanda, NY

#9 Jun 28, 2009
jill wrote:
What is known as the Lincoln park area of Tonawanda is also inhabited by the darker side. They can't afford to buy homes, they just rent in the low income projects too, or duplexes. It's a shame to see such nice neighborhoods become so trashy. The police really don't want to do anything about the behavior of the youth because they are afraid of the dark. They will not approach the youth without a back up, so if the police don't have to be there, they just stay out of the area all together.
jill, you speak the truth. Lincoln Park was a great place to hang out, meet with friends, play a little stinky pinkie or have a puff or three. absentee landlords allow the scum to infect nice neighborhoods. the town cops need to grow some testicles, get over their fear of black and brown folk and do their jobs. formerly peaceful ring suburbs are becoming war zones.
Buffalo is a joke

Buffalo, NY

#10 Jun 28, 2009
Jill and Roofer are right on key with that area too. Even 15-20 years ago, you had low class and lower middle class residents in the areas of Claremont,Highland,etc in those duplexes. However, they generally did have household members that worked and didn't live off the government. The bottom line in the SW Amherst SE Tonawanda areas within a mile of Niag falls Blvd is a lot of homeowners who couldn't sell their homes started renting out to anyone so they could earn extra cash. When you lower standards by not doing background checks and rent to anyone under the sun, what the hell do you expect to happen.The Allenhurst projects started the snowball rolling downhill but homeowners desperate to earn profits by renting out their homes they couldn't sell allowed the snowball to turn into an avalanche. There's homeowners in the Callodine area renting out their upstairs for next to nothing. To many who undoubtedly lived on the eastside. I would rather not rent to an eastsider and be stuck with a home of negative equity that can't be sold than get a red cent from one of them each month to help pay the mortgage. Kind of like many famous rockbands "selling out" (Metallica, Kiss,etc.), homeowners renting to eastsiders "sold out" on the neighborhood.If you want to avoid "racial profiling", do a credit check. Most of these eastsiders have bad or no credit so that's a homeowners out to avoid them going Al Sharpton on Amherst.
Robert Laity

Buffalo, NY

#11 Jun 28, 2009
Buffalo is a joke wrote:
Jill and Roofer are right on key with that area too. Even 15-20 years ago, you had low class and lower middle class residents in the areas of Claremont,Highland,etc in those duplexes. However, they generally did have household members that worked and didn't live off the government. The bottom line in the SW Amherst SE Tonawanda areas within a mile of Niag falls Blvd is a lot of homeowners who couldn't sell their homes started renting out to anyone so they could earn extra cash. When you lower standards by not doing background checks and rent to anyone under the sun, what the hell do you expect to happen.The Allenhurst projects started the snowball rolling downhill but homeowners desperate to earn profits by renting out their homes they couldn't sell allowed the snowball to turn into an avalanche. There's homeowners in the Callodine area renting out their upstairs for next to nothing. To many who undoubtedly lived on the eastside. I would rather not rent to an eastsider and be stuck with a home of negative equity that can't be sold than get a red cent from one of them each month to help pay the mortgage. Kind of like many famous rockbands "selling out" (Metallica, Kiss,etc.), homeowners renting to eastsiders "sold out" on the neighborhood.If you want to avoid "racial profiling", do a credit check. Most of these eastsiders have bad or no credit so that's a homeowners out to avoid them going Al Sharpton on Amherst.
If you don't like this area, why do you stay here? Can't you get a job elsewhere?
Lizabeth Sanford

AOL

#13 Jun 28, 2009
Lizabeth Sanford wrote:
<quoted text>
Wear you is bee two nihgt? you bees late. I bee weighting fore yuo to cum ovir hear and dew me up wif yore long tung and the nise thang beteweene yore legs. I wants set on yore faece than crush yuo wif my 350 lbs bawdy.
I beees all hotted up fore yuo. Git hear reel faste.
Buffalo is a joke

Buffalo, NY

#14 Jun 28, 2009
Simple answer Robert. People walking away from deteriorating conditions is what these lowlifes prey on so they can swoop in and try and take over.Walking away is accepting defeat and that is what these eastsiders want and hope from longtime Amherst residents.

Honestly, I've had opportunities to transfer outside the area for my employment.I'm like Clint Eastwood's and his stance in Gran Torino.You fight and stick to your guns whether others stick with you or bail on you.
hmm---

East Aurora, NY

#15 Jun 29, 2009
Clint Eastwood fantasies....that explains a lot.
Lizabeth Sanford

AOL

#16 Jun 29, 2009
hmm--- wrote:
Clint Eastwood fantasies....that explains a lot.
Buffalo joke mann bees stay hear so fore he cann dew me up eviry nihgt wif his luong tung and thang.
Gouki

Hamburg, NY

#17 Nov 14, 2010
The Town of Amherst in New York State
sucks, it's so gay.
John q

Hamburg, NY

#18 Jan 4, 2014
You people are so funny. All you care about is "status" and what looks goods from the exterior. I went to sweet home years ago and I have stayed local. I currently live in williamsville and now that I have started a family I can not stand the 2 face people who live I. The community. I am currently looking for a home back in the sweet home school district because even though the people MAY NOT have as much money they have 1 thing. being real unlike the fake people I interact with in williamsville on a Dailey basis. Williamsville is a joke and so are 90% of their residents who all want to act like they have so much
RantsAndRaves

Buffalo, NY

#20 Jan 30, 2014
When will you welfare people ever get it? we, who worked hard all our lives sometimes at jobs we hated getting up in the morning for in order to stay off public assistance & live with dignity absolutely DO NOT WANT you for our neighbors!!! you are usually lazy junk collectors littering the inside & outside with garbage picking trash, you scream & swear at your kids all day & night, have several animals that you leave outside in all kinds of weather to bark & howl for food, warmth or attention & the 1st of every month you haul in the beer to guzzle on your front porches while your teenage kids terrorize the neighborhood. this was my experience with you and why I moved. I now live in a peaceful, quiet drug free environment where it is all white working responsible homeowners who take pride in their spaces & treat their children & animals with love and respect. why on earth can't you see the difference and why we do not want you next door or even down the street???? "
John q

Hamburg, NY

#21 Jun 29, 2014
Good, Before you know it we will be pushing white people out further and further and all the housing will belong to us. Bottom line blacks want to be with our own kind and from the previous strands whites feel the same way. Just annoying the stereotypes that people use. There are areas in south buffalo and west seneca that are predominately white where I wouldn't let my dog live. Instead of criticize offer a helping hand and if you don't want to do that then get out the way and move out to Clarence or williamsville and try to fit in, which you won't because if you did you would have moved there first.

B panthers
Life CoachI

Springfield, VA

#22 Jun 29, 2014
Ask Neocon. He blames everything on "The Ruiners" and we know what that is code for.

The Amherst Police used to stop EVERY car that crossed the city line on NF Blvd if it had black people in it. They aren't allowed to do that anymore. I'll bet Neocon would approve though

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr Flower 20,207
News Universoul Circus returns to Buffalo (Jun '08) 15 hr alsmith 16
Buffalo Is Among The Worst Cities In America 23 hr Zeke the Pinhead 8
Duff Wings could save Utica NY 23 hr Zeke the Pinhead 3
Free giveaway by Buffalo Muslims 23 hr Zeke the Pinhead 3
Buffalo: Fecal City Tue Zeke the Pinhead 14
News The Whiteness Project Seeks to Expose Racism Tue Zeke the Pinhead 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages