should new york state drug test welfa...

should new york state drug test welfare reciepients

Created by buffalo native on Apr 27, 2013

16 votes

Click on an option to vote

yes way to much fraud here

test for medicaid also

Country Boy

Batavia, NY

#1 Apr 27, 2013
Welfare fraud has nothing to do whether an individual is taking drugs or not.
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#3 Apr 27, 2013
A rule like that would cost more money than it would save

Some testing lab company would bribe the right people to get the contract for the testing.

If somebody failed, you can bet there would be a provision for re-testing and an appeals process

There would also be government-sponsored drug counseling for those who failed

And tons of bureaucrats to administer the program
Country Boy

Batavia, NY

#4 Apr 27, 2013
Voice of Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical response from someone who think s it is ok to buy drugs while being supported by government funds.
No I do not think it is OK to buy ILLEGAL drugs. I take drugs everyday.........all prescribed by my doctor. What we are talking about is apples vs. oranges. The two are not very closely related.
lol

Lancaster, NY

#5 May 1, 2013
Fraud or no fraud, a free ride should = drug testing and picking up litter and shoveling sidewalks...etc..
Windy

Buffalo, NY

#6 May 1, 2013
Yes, yes, and YES!!!!
An "insta-toxi" kit is under $10.00, a whole lot cheaper than a month's worth of welfare, food stamps, housing, and Medicaid.

There are already plenty of government-sponsored (i.e. accepts Medicaid) drug treatment programs out there....the money that the state could save in denial of benefits is probably more than what the testing and treament would cost.
nfourwheeler7

North Tonawanda, NY

#7 May 1, 2013
Windy wrote:
Yes, yes, and YES!!!!
An "insta-toxi" kit is under $10.00, a whole lot cheaper than a month's worth of welfare, food stamps, housing, and Medicaid.
There are already plenty of government-sponsored (i.e. accepts Medicaid) drug treatment programs out there....the money that the state could save in denial of benefits is probably more than what the testing and treament would cost.
Blow some of your foul wind in my face.
Windy

Buffalo, NY

#8 May 1, 2013
nfourwheeler7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Blow some of your foul wind in my face.
Thanks for your intellectual response.
nfourwheeler7

North Tonawanda, NY

#9 May 1, 2013
Windy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your intellectual response.
It's always a pleasure to exchange ideas with a someone called Windy.
lol

Lancaster, NY

#10 May 1, 2013
There are too many ducks in the pond to allow any group to swim for free, whether it be the welfare freeloaders or the freeloaders we have in office.
Everyone has to row the boat, not just working class WHITE america.

Chesapeake, VA

#11 May 1, 2013
Windy wrote:
Yes, yes, and YES!!!!
You mean those drug test kids parents buy at the drug store to find out if their teenagers are smoking pot?

Do you think those kits will withstand a court or other administrative challenge ?

What about the procedures and the training for the people collecting and analyzing the samples? What about the extra money the lab company has to charge to pay the kickbacks to the politicians who award the contract?

What about the lawyers who defend the tests when challenged?

Chesapeake, VA

#12 May 1, 2013
lol wrote:
There are too many ducks in the pond to allow any group to swim for free, whether it be the welfare freeloaders or the freeloaders we have in office.
Everyone has to row the boat, not just working class WHITE america.
Blacks and other liberals like to point out that more white people than black people are on welfare. This might be true, but not per capita

By the way, white folks are rapidly catching up to black folks in the area of government entitlements. This is in direct proportion of the increase of white illegitimate birth rates

This is not a black issue. This is a bastard child issue
lol

Lancaster, NY

#13 May 1, 2013
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks and other liberals like to point out that more white people than black people are on welfare. This might be true, but not per capita
By the way, white folks are rapidly catching up to black folks in the area of government entitlements. This is in direct proportion of the increase of white illegitimate birth rates
This is not a black issue. This is a bastard child issue
Ok, then lets shoot em!
Windy

Buffalo, NY

#14 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
You mean those drug test kids parents buy at the drug store to find out if their teenagers are smoking pot?
Do you think those kits will withstand a court or other administrative challenge ?
What about the procedures and the training for the people collecting and analyzing the samples? What about the extra money the lab company has to charge to pay the kickbacks to the politicians who award the contract?
What about the lawyers who defend the tests when challenged?
Those instant drug testing kits are used in drug courts every day and need no training or prcessing...no lab needed either.
The instances of false-positive readings is not uncommon, but performing a second test will solve that issue.
nfourwheeler7

North Tonawanda, NY

#15 May 2, 2013
Windy wrote:
<quoted text>
Those instant drug testing kits are used in drug courts every day and need no training or prcessing...no lab needed either.
The instances of false-positive readings is not uncommon, but performing a second test will solve that issue.
Your logic is full of wind, much like you.
Windy

Buffalo, NY

#16 May 2, 2013
nfourwheeler7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your logic is full of wind, much like you.
You're only contributions to this discussion have been insults directed to me. Do you have an opinion on drug testing for welfare, or are you just trolling?

“Dorata's worthless turd”

Since: Mar 09

Buffalo, NY

#17 May 2, 2013
Windy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're only contributions to this discussion have been insults directed to me. Do you have an opinion on drug testing for welfare, or are you just trolling?
Dance Windy, dance!
Windy

Buffalo, NY

#18 May 2, 2013
Buffalo BarFly wrote:
<quoted text>
Dance Windy, dance!
>sigh<

I've given up hope trying to have any kind of discussion on the Buffalo forum. You guys would much rather talk about Don Paul's neck or Tbird, and write "70 cats" in every post. Enjoy!
RX-new

United States

#19 May 5, 2013
A rule like that would cost more money than it would save
Some testing lab company would bribe the right people to get the contract for the testing.
If somebody failed, you can bet there would be a provision for re-testing and an appeals process
There would also be government-sponsored drug counseling for those who failed
And tons of bureaucrats to administer the program
Test anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do Asians think all LIEF COACHES look alike? 57 min Major Nadal Hassan 8
Wheres Ch.4's Nalina Shapiro ? (Dec '12) 4 hr lol 20
Ghetto assed names 5 hr Abdullah McCarthy 47
News Jamestown Man Indicted In Conspiracy To Distrib... 20 hr Hmmm 1
News Sheriff's Lieutenant behind bars (Feb '09) Tue The truth 201
Chris Romanowski Empire Liquidators 1791 Fillmo... Tue Jordan 11
jaesea jones jason mickens? Mon Kilhoffer Street ... 10

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance