Lawyer faces assault charges

Lawyer faces assault charges

Posted in the Buffalo Forum

steve

Hamburg, NY

#1 Aug 2, 2009
Article...

Michael J. Cooper, a Buffalo lawyer and former prosecutor, has been charged with misdemeanor assault for allegedly striking and slightly injuring a woman friend, spokesmen for the Erie County District Attorney's Office confirmed today.

Cooper, 47, of Glen Iris Drive, Clarence, was allowed to remain free on his own recognizance after he surrendered in Amherst Town Court with his attorney Thursday afternoon, according to Kristin A. St. Mary, chief of the DA's Domestic Violence Bureau.

Cooper is accused of striking the woman during an incident in the front yard of her Amherst home about 8 a.m. Saturday, St. Mary said.

The woman was treated for a concussion and a head cut, and one of her neighbors witnessed the incident and called police, St. Mary said. Further proceedings are pending in the case in Amherst court next month.

St. Mary refused to disclose the name and address of the victim, and neither Cooper nor his attorney, Joel L. Daniels, could be reached to comment.
steve

Hamburg, NY

#2 Aug 2, 2009
Isn't this dip-shit an employee at Cellino and Barnes?
Michael Cooper

Hamburg, NY

#3 Aug 3, 2009
Yes.
Simply99

Orchard Park, NY

#4 Aug 3, 2009
For now maybe.

Anyone wanna bet he gets nothing???
M Cooper

Hamburg, NY

#5 Aug 22, 2009
I dunno, he is not above the law.
Life Coach

AOL

#6 Aug 23, 2009
Maybe the woman is lying
Voice of Reality

AOL

#8 Aug 23, 2009
He left out the other hobby he has: HITTING WOMEN
Life Coach

AOL

#9 Aug 23, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
He left out the other hobby he has: HITTING WOMEN
Maybe he can open up a law pratice at a mall kiosk
M Cooper

Hamburg, NY

#10 Aug 23, 2009
he is s douche bag, not just because tough guy hit a girl, but because he is known as an a&&hole
Jefferson

United States

#11 Aug 23, 2009
Yes I agree that Mike is an arfhoole.
AMY

AOL

#12 Aug 24, 2009
Jefferson wrote:
Yes I agree that Mike is an arfhoole.
Well, with that said, lets move on!
Keep watching

Tonawanda, NY

#13 Aug 24, 2009
AMY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, with that said, lets move on!
Nope.
Really

Sterling Heights, MI

#14 Nov 21, 2011
Even after beating up his girlfriend, he still works at C&B and is married.

http://www.cellinoandbarnes.com/Personal_Inju...
st catharines

Saint Catharines, Canada

#15 Apr 30, 2012
yes hitting anyone is wrong expecially a woman but what we don't know is what lead up to this they never discuss that what did she do to deserve this he is a nice guy and a great lawyer it takes two so I believe something triggered him to loss it to hit her get that part of he story I have total respect for him Donna
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#16 Jul 8, 2014
My mom did nothing to deserve this.
none of ur biz

New York, NY

#18 Nov 26, 2014
No one deserves to be hit unless u have hurt a child, elderly person, or beat up a women as they are usually weaker and smaller than a man or have killed someone!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The real deal about blacks 5 min chelsae clinton 59
looking for a Joseph segmen (Oct '15) 1 hr amy 6
Do black lives really matter? 9 hr john gallivan 43
Lauren Hall (Jan '15) 15 hr Night Heat 17
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr annie puzzo 20,482
Quagliano Real Estate 18 hr The Hamburgler 5
Robert Laity for President of the United States... (May '11) Wed Robert Laity 41

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages