Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.
Comments
17,861 - 17,880 of 58,541 Comments Last updated 49 min ago
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The diocese destroyed Niagara Falls and now they are complaining about the historical landmark status of these churches. On the other hand, there are 3 priests assigned to Holy Family (Mt. Carmel and St. Joe's). Maybe they should have sent one of them over to the East Side and at least one of the churches could have remained open.
Why are there 3 priests at ONE parish?
Anonymous

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
JF&G is not over. Some parishes will not be able to meet their assessments. Some of the new merged parishes have people in the seats, but they are not joining. After going through the turmoil of JF&G, many people are just going to Mass somewhere, throwing in a $1 and leaving. People don't want the commitment, don't want to get involved in any type of parish life. They have been burned once; they won't do it again.
The winners may be surprised when Reggie comes around for Round 2 in another year or two.
I've been warning about Round II for some time. Many dioceses are already finding they have to do more. It will come.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are there 3 priests at ONE parish?
They closed half the churches in NF. They don't know what to do with the surplus of priests.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been warning about Round II for some time. Many dioceses are already finding they have to do more. It will come.
The winners may find themselves in our shoes in two years. We can then "warmly welcome" them to our parish, the way they welcomed us. What goes around, comes around.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The winners may find themselves in our shoes in two years. We can then "warmly welcome" them to our parish, the way they welcomed us. What goes around, comes around.
Amen.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
They closed half the churches in NF. They don't know what to do with the surplus of priests.
Huge blunders in Niagara Falls.
Kelly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>

So why don;t you go kiss King Henry VII on his big red divorced butt and go take a flying jump at the moon, you "souper"
Oh my GOD! You mean to say that King Henry was a SINNER??? Oh...my...freaking...GOD!!!

Remove the plank Life Coach, lol.
Far East Parishioner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

WKBW - Channel 7 will be featuring a story tonight during the 6 p.m. news on the landmark status situations in Niagara Falls.
Status

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

There are a number of priests not assigned to parishes - thats what happens when you close churches that had priests.

Also, would people get off the Marc and Bartnik kick...Marc is OBSESSED with the church in a very unhealthy and unholy way. Bartnik made a big mistake of hiring someone to take on such integral roles in the parish without even openly advertising and interviewing candidates. The parish, who pay his salary, had no say...
Blessed be Marc 4ever

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean Marc Pasquale who has been a licensed foster parent for 12 years (if I interpret the bulletin correctly)?
Do you mean Marc Pasquale who has had countless children live with him during this time without ever hearing of a problem?
Do you mean Marc Pasquale who was in the newspaper for receiving the youth service award a couple of years ago?
Do you mean Marc Pasquale who was just allowed to adopt two children?
Do you mean Marc Pasquale who works for another parish and we never heard of a problem?
Re-examine your own words on Bartnik. I could interpret your statement to mean that you're annoyed that Bartnik wouldn't listen to gossip or rumor.
That is commendable on his part!
He obviously embraces the Gospel that he preaches.
Obviously, the Diocese of Buffalo wouldn't have Marc working in another parish (for years) as the Director of Religious Education, if they had any concerns regarding him, especially in this day and age.
You're evil and you have been exposed as such!
As countless people have said, other than these vicious rumors, I've never seen such concerns myself.
The smear campaign committee actually helped him more than they hurt him.
Your intensity has destroyed you!
You now look vicious in the eyes of most people!
Is this your spin on the divine praises!? Blessed be Marc for pulling the wool over some people's eyes
Blessed be Marc for manipulating a priest
Blessed be Marc for hiding his true self
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Far East Parishioner wrote:
WKBW - Channel 7 will be featuring a story tonight during the 6 p.m. news on the landmark status situations in Niagara Falls.
Once again, Kevie was at his best. The poor diocese! They may have to take legal action.

Kevie said that the burden of the historic landmark will detract from social services for the City of Niagara Falls. BS in Spinology! There is no intent of nor was there ever any intent of dispersing these monies to the East Side of Niagara Falls. If the diocese was ever concerned about the social services of Niagara Falls, why did they shutdown these parishes who all had active outreach programs (which to this point haven't been picked up by surrounding parishes).

This situation must be very significant to the diocese. For them to try and get local stations to try and drum up sympathy for the diocese, they must be afraid of losing the almighty dollar on these properties. And let's be honest here, that money would have eventually found its way to Main Street through the increased assessments to Divine Mercy.

Kevie, you looked like a deer in the State's headlights. You can thank dearest Regina for your present problems.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Far East Parishioner wrote:
Kevie seemed a little upset! They closed down the WRONG churches. They were told over and over again, they were making the WRONG choice. Kmiec didn't listen, Reggie didn't listen, Kevie just kept on spinnin'...... they have destroyed Niagara Falls and now they are threatening the NF City Council!!!!!!!!!! I hope the Council and the Historic Preservation Society stand their ground and not give in to these diocesan morons.
Pot Calls Kettle

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Status wrote:
There are a number of priests not assigned to parishes - thats what happens when you close churches that had priests.
Also, would people get off the Marc and Bartnik kick...Marc is OBSESSED with the church in a very unhealthy and unholy way. Bartnik made a big mistake of hiring someone to take on such integral roles in the parish without even openly advertising and interviewing candidates. The parish, who pay his salary, had no say...
You sound OBSESSED with Marc in a very unhealthy way.
Pot Calls Kettle

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Blessed be Marc 4ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this your spin on the divine praises!? Blessed be Marc for pulling the wool over some people's eyes
Blessed be Marc for manipulating a priest
Blessed be Marc for hiding his true self
Blessed be YOU for being so superior that You can judge others.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Pot Calls Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that the purpose of this site....to judge others and to start and pass on rumors?
Upset Parishioner

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, Kevie was at his best. The poor diocese! They may have to take legal action.
Kevie said that the burden of the historic landmark will detract from social services for the City of Niagara Falls. BS in Spinology! There is no intent of nor was there ever any intent of dispersing these monies to the East Side of Niagara Falls. If the diocese was ever concerned about the social services of Niagara Falls, why did they shutdown these parishes who all had active outreach programs (which to this point haven't been picked up by surrounding parishes).
This situation must be very significant to the diocese. For them to try and get local stations to try and drum up sympathy for the diocese, they must be afraid of losing the almighty dollar on these properties. And let's be honest here, that money would have eventually found its way to Main Street through the increased assessments to Divine Mercy.
Kevie, you looked like a deer in the State's headlights. You can thank dearest Regina for your present problems.
With all the great works to help the poor that St Vincent de Paul has done at vibrant parishes that are now closed... It is very sad and makes me very angry that the Diocese doesn't have the heart
to donate one of the lesser closed Church properties to St. Vincent de Paul. The Diocese gave no assistance to the outreach programs just told them to GET OUT of the buildings!

God knows WHO paid the tithes, helped fund-raise,
worked, painted, cleaned, helped the needy, in the churches that have been closed...it was NOT the people at the Diocese.

May God have mercy on their souls!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

anon wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't that the purpose of this site....to judge others and to start and pass on rumors?
No...we're here to talk about church closings and those responsible for it. You're here because you have a personal vendetta with somebody.
anonymous

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

to talk about church closings and those responsible for it... hmm sounds like a positive spin on gossip
anonymous

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Pot Calls Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the blessings!
new kid on the block

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
No...we're here to talk about church closings and those responsible for it. You're here because you have a personal vendetta with somebody.
Actually i've been here only a short time but in going back through the pages it looks like about 50 % real talk of church closings and 50% gossip, rumor and judging others.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Buffalo Forum right now

Search the Buffalo Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 22 min Billy O Liar 6,347
Did LIEF COACH ever see his toes? 49 min The Following 7
Review: Yard Pros Landscaping 1 hr GUMP 3
Anyone ever had dealings with Felder Services? (Mar '12) 1 hr Kilhoffer Street Rules 184
Review: Kala Threading & SPA Inc 4 hr Life Coachiii 3
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Samuel 18,546
southeast works cover-up (Oct '12) 18 hr Been There 268
•••
•••
•••
•••

Buffalo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Buffalo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE