Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 59719 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anonymous

United States

#54377 Feb 27, 2013
WarsawPhil wrote:
<quoted text>The church was called "Our Saviour". Is it still in existence? Maybe on 19th Street
If I recall, the church was founded for the Ruthenians
by the Italian priest Santodonato.
WarsawPhil

Mohegan Lake, NY

#54378 Feb 27, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
If I recall, the church was founded for the Ruthenians
by the Italian priest Santodonato.
I thought most Ruthenians belonged to the Byzantine rite. They did have a church in Amherst,St. Stephen the Protomartyr,started around 1965,but closed in 2008 or so. St. Mary's Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Church was originally Catholic,but became independent after the 1938 crisis over celibacy.(Actually, the bishop who had to enforce celibacy,Daniel Ivancho, was himself secretly married,but was eventually found out in 1954.) St. Peter & Paul on Benziger Street,(OCA) also had at one time been Catholic. Anyway who was this Santo Donato? Is his church still around. I thought it was most Italian.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#54379 Feb 27, 2013
ANON wrote:
FREE AT LAST! FREE AT LAST!
To all the tired, huddled, catholic massses yearning to breathe free and get away from the cesspools of other parishes, go to Mass at St. Ann's Church. No pastors, no committees, no vicious gossip, no bingo, no school, no soup kitchen, no food pantry, no baloney and no money to steal. No fuss no muss no mess, just mass. It's an ideal setting.
Wasn't St. Ann blasted by the meteor originating at 795 Main St?
If it's still standing, I 'll check it out Sunday and bring my own coffee and doughnuts. Sounds great.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#54380 Feb 27, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Capofamiglia Don Malone
Consigliere Grozzo
Sottocapo Slubecco
Uomo d'onore LiPuma
Stool Pigeon Sr. Reggie (tranvestite)
Goomba Chancery baciaculi
Please don't insult the mafia. The members have much more integrity than the liars on this blog who only understand vulgarity and personal attacks. But they shouldn't go too far, you never know who is out there to eliminate you.
Dumb Azz Drilling

Buffalo, NY

#54381 Feb 27, 2013
Peter Drilling, in an effort to score "brownie points" indicated at the Priests Council Meeting that Bishop Head had warned priests in 1972 to save for their retirements.

A couple of points:

1.) Bishop Head was not the Bishop of Buffalo in

2.) Let's PRETEND he was bishop. Who warned the
priests ordained after that?

Peter needs to get some common sense (which he lacks) and stop trying to score points with the Bishop and the DOB.
WarsawPhil

Mohegan Lake, NY

#54382 Feb 28, 2013
Dumb Azz Drilling wrote:
Peter Drilling, in an effort to score "brownie points" indicated at the Priests Council Meeting that Bishop Head had warned priests in 1972 to save for their retirements.
A couple of points:
Peter needs to get some common sense (which he lacks) and stop trying to score points with the Bishop and the DOB.
Is the Priests' Pensions fund in trouble?(I suspect Drilling has his dates wrong.)
Drill

Buffalo, NY

#54383 Feb 28, 2013
WarsawPhil wrote:
<quoted text>Is the Priests' Pensions fund in trouble?(I suspect Drilling has his dates wrong.)
What is Peter Drilling drilling?
Marriage

Buffalo, NY

#54384 Feb 28, 2013
WarsawPhil wrote:
<quoted text>I thought most Ruthenians belonged to the Byzantine rite. They did have a church in Amherst,St. Stephen the Protomartyr,started around 1965,but closed in 2008 or so. St. Mary's Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Church was originally Catholic,but became independent after the 1938 crisis over celibacy.(Actually, the bishop who had to enforce celibacy,Daniel Ivancho, was himself secretly married,but was eventually found out in 1954.) St. Peter & Paul on Benziger Street,(OCA) also had at one time been Catholic. Anyway who was this Santo Donato? Is his church still around. I thought it was most Italian.
Is our pastor, Fr. Jacek Mazur, secretly married and takes 'vacation' every month to be with his 'sweetheart?' What is acctually going on? Is Fr. Andrew our new pastor?
Sacerdos

Buffalo, NY

#54385 Feb 28, 2013
Buffalo BarFly wrote:
<quoted text>
Sajdak...cool...Wheel of Fortune instead of Bingo.
Fr. Sajdak is a very dedicated priest! No question about that!
Sacerdos

Buffalo, NY

#54386 Feb 28, 2013
Dumb Azz Drilling wrote:
A couple of points:
Peter Drilling lives in a dream world since the ordination.
Sacerdos

Buffalo, NY

#54387 Feb 28, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't insult the mafia. The members have much more integrity than the liars on this blog who only understand vulgarity and personal attacks. But they shouldn't go too far, you never know who is out there to eliminate you.
Are you sure? There are no liars on this blog!
Sacerdos

Buffalo, NY

#54388 Feb 28, 2013
Is Weldgen still a priest?
Pope

Buffalo, NY

#54389 Feb 28, 2013
Is LiPumona going to accompany the Holy Father to Castel Gandolfo? He likes to be a cover for every pot.
Anonymous

United States

#54390 Feb 28, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. The mafia has a clear game and thney play fair.
It is known to be most effective form of government.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#54391 Feb 28, 2013
Anyone see the HBO Documentary - Mea Cupa - wow - quite an eye opener.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#54392 Feb 28, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Corruption from the top inner circles all the way down. No small wonder the DOB is the way it is. They honesly believe they are royal kings. Disgusting.
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#54393 Feb 28, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
No I have not seen it but I have tried the macaroni and peas.
Il Papa

Buffalo, NY

#54394 Feb 28, 2013
Andrew Sullivan via the Huffington Post speculates that Benedict is gay. What else is new and the same for all of you clerical posters. Out of the closets into the streets.
Anonymous

United States

#54395 Feb 28, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Eye opener? Get a good pair of glasses. Check
http://www.themediareport.com/
Drilldate

Buffalo, NY

#54396 Feb 28, 2013
WarsawPhil wrote:
<quoted text>Is the Priests' Pensions fund in trouble?(I suspect Drilling has his dates wrong.)
He's been dating wrong for years!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do blacks need to have so many children? 29 min i love buffalo 4
News Mother Of Drowning Victim Wants Answers (Jul '07) 6 hr a EA concerned ci... 95
News Buffalo NAACP: Stop naming things after Millard... 7 hr a white man 28
neighborhood scumbag 7 hr TheWeaponSystem 2
Cheaters 19 hr Buck Rohde 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun Hello 19,944
Baltimore Ruckus Sun GUMP 4
More from around the web

Buffalo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]