Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 59692 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Be Honest

Buffalo, NY

#53282 Jan 15, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof? What's that? You haven't been reading this blog very long if you think these meanspirited people would care about proof or truth.
These "mean spirited" people are only reflections of the Church and an example of the priests they mirror. Be honest with yourself and stop being naive!
Be Honest

Buffalo, NY

#53283 Jan 15, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof? What's that? You haven't been reading this blog very long if you think these meanspirited people would care about proof or truth.
Do you regard documentary after documentary that criticizes people such as Hitler or Stalin as "mean spirited" documentaries? Using your logic, the person who comments or exposes the bad behavior of another is "mean spirited." Does the person who is doing wrong have to accept some responsibility for their own actions?

You may like people such as "Father Joe," but his actions toward others are quite wrong. I am certain that you are not blind to his behaviors, so I presume you choose to merely look the other way. As long as his behavior doesn't affect your own life, you don't seem concerned as to how he mistreats others.
SMOLC parishoner hamburg

Lancaster, NY

#53284 Jan 15, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
What is crazier the Diocese/Priests or the people who still go to their churches?
Which is crazier, none of the above. I must be crazy for reading this board, this is worst then the National Enquier.
Anonymous

United States

#53285 Jan 15, 2013
Some bloggers here are always standing with a pad and a pen near the restrooms. I judge them crazy in the head
(whatever that means).
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53286 Jan 15, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
He's friendly, especially if you are nice looking and have a few dollars to your name. When at St. Greg's he was friendly with a friend of mine. He had been to her home for dinner and to the home of her parents. He exchanged Christmas cards with her and her family for many years. They would send him monetary gifts within these cards and were quite fond of him. When her father passed away, another friend thought it was only logical to call Fr. Joe to let him know. Fr. Joe couldn't seem to remember this family. In his Christmas card, he had just mentioned that he prays for them everyday. He asked the person who called him not to tell them that he didn't remember them and to tell them he had another commitment. When I went to the wake, there were various pictures posted on the board of them with their good friend Father Joe having dinner and others were at church functions and another at their cottage. I believe he led these people on because they were generous to him and obviously his Christmas cards were lies. I was told by our parish secretary that he had kept 4 X 6 cards with the names of people who were generous to him and there he would mark down some biographical information and the amount of money they would give to him along with the date it was given. No gift in 3 years and the person went to the dead card box. The secretary also told me that some people were so generous to him that they provided him with an automobile. This priest sounds like the kind of person who uses his priesthood to draw people to himself and to get from people whatever he can for himself. He does not sound like a good priest, especially when he cancels Thanksgiving day Mass because he is in the Turkey Trot.
sounds a lot like the x-priest , Mr. Chalupka. Took whatever he could and was nice to those who gave, and gave, and gave- evidently to his family. Boy were we fooled at CC. Every time i go there for Mass, Everyone is disgusted with him and that Church.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#53287 Jan 15, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds a lot like the x-priest , Mr. Chalupka. Took whatever he could and was nice to those who gave, and gave, and gave- evidently to his family. Boy were we fooled at CC. Every time i go there for Mass, Everyone is disgusted with him and that Church.
Well I can tell you Miss Preggie was definitely lower class in more ways than one before she got pregnant so post-baby probably lived on Medicaid, food stamps, WIC and whatever money the good Father could toss her way.
David Bialkowski

Buffalo, NY

#53288 Jan 15, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I can tell you Miss Preggie was definitely lower class in more ways than one before she got pregnant so post-baby probably lived on Medicaid, food stamps, WIC and whatever money the good Father could toss her way.
You finally posted. Where have you been? I think you are just as low class as Chalupka and Miss Preggie. When will you writa about this in the Ampol?
Pot Calls Kettle

Buffalo, NY

#53289 Jan 15, 2013
SMOLC parishoner hamburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is crazier, none of the above. I must be crazy for reading this board, this is worst then the National Enquier.
I'd agree that you are crazy!

If the blog is so bag: WHY DO YOU ACCESS IT TO READ?

Sounds like you are somewhat of a hypocrite!
AJ Grisanti - Trustee

Buffalo, NY

#53290 Jan 15, 2013
As I read all the garbage about St. Anthony of Padova's parish, I feel compelled to state that no matter all your negativism we will continue to strive. We have survived for over 100 years with probably bigger obstacles than the ones we are facing now. People will always oppose changes. If we believe to be real Catholics, let us have faith and together we can make sure that our parish will be here for years to come.
Let us all remember that a Pastor is only as good as his parishioners.
I am willing to use my real name as I have nothing to hide. Can all of you say the same?
Call the parish and I will be glad to personally speak with you if you have anything more to say!
Anon

United States

#53291 Jan 15, 2013
David Bialkowski wrote:
<quoted text>You finally posted. Where have you been? I think you are just as low class as Chalupka and Miss Preggie. When will you writa about this in the Ampol?
Dunkirk had no class. Pathetic really.
SMOLC parishoner hamburg

Lancaster, NY

#53292 Jan 15, 2013
Pot Calls Kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd agree that you are crazy!
If the blog is so bag: WHY DO YOU ACCESS IT TO READ?
Sounds like you are somewhat of a hypocrite!
I access and read this board for entertainment purposes and comedy relief.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53293 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>
The way the diocese set up their 'trial' or whatever it was called, I would not have had the chance to have my say, or my day in court. The blog kept me informed of topics of the day (if you will). It gave me the chance to defend myself (since everybody and his uncle was listening in on me, but I could HEAR NOONE!!!) and to have my day in court. While I read a lot of disturbing things on the blog, none were as disturbing of the reality of what the diocese did to me. I am grateful that the blog exists. I look forward, though, to the day that I can be heard and hear also.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53294 Jan 15, 2013
These things I know: the diocese literally exposed me in the physical sense to many, many people just to humiliate me enough that I might cry uncle and lie about Fr. Bialkowski so that he would not be promoted (and that LiPuma would be promoted in his place. He is not the only one whom things were done to in these efforts. Others who might be in line for a promotion before LiPuma would get it were tarnished likewise). They did this under the guise of saying I was sexually 'after' him and that they then had the right to protect their priest. The reality is, they used that guise to give themselves an excuse for what they were really up to. Meanwhile, untold (yet) numbers of people were given free access to me in the most private moments of my life and for that they will all have to answer. I believe they wanted no trial so that I would not find out what they had done to me and the lengths that they went to get what they wanted. By my calculations, my offenders number somewhere in the hundreds, if not more. Who knows what the implications of this will be for me? I am grateful that the diocese was found out and exposed for their filthy dealings and I have asked that they are made to spend a very long time in jail pondering what they have done. I know I won't be forgetting it and there is so very much I don't even know yet...but I will. Imagine living this life for the last 7 years, YES 7 years under the tawdry thumb of the filthy clergy who WERE in charge of our diocese. Do I blame the church? Absolutely not. I blame the people who did this and the Catholic Church should blame them too.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#53295 Jan 15, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunkirk had no class. Pathetic really.
Oh yes, the two "screw" balls, Chalupka and Miss Preggie,definitely have class. After all, they fooled an entire parish with their clASS act.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53296 Jan 15, 2013
I would like to emphasize that the blog kept me informed of topics but NEVER, not once, did any poster tell me what specifically was happening nor what to do nor what to say (write etc). I had a topic in mind from postings and I am very intuitive and fairly smart also. However, I am more naive than I thought I was and that is probably how they were able to do this to me. Never, not in a million years, did I think any hierarchy of the church would be capable of doing the unthinkable things that they have done to me or that they encouraged others to do or allowed others to do.
I never did get everything figured out from the postings on the blog but I did manage to get the general gist of things and it 'ain't' pretty. I am a strong person and hope to survive this but who knows?
I trust that the hierarchy beyond the diocese of Buffalo would likewise be surprised and disgusted at the lengths these people went to to get things their way. I also trust that they will and have done the right thing in making things right.
Earlier today, I said that what they did to me is like things you read in the tabloids. I did not say that the blog is. In an effort to keep the blog from melting, I won't expound upon what they REALLY have done to me and I doubt that most of the readers would have the filthy imaginations it would take to get a grasp on the reality of it all. BUT...a judge somewhere nearby has heard it all and he/she will see that justice is done. That is all that I asked for and since I believe in the justice system, I am confident that they will be given the longest sentence allowed by law for what they have done to me and the other victims.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53297 Jan 15, 2013
By the way, I have NEVER believed that Fr. Anselm is the father of that young woman's child. I would bet the farm on that. When I worked at SJG, the rectory was 'bugged' by the diocese in an attempt to catch me doing something that they could then blackmail me into discrediting Fr. David. That is a fact. Money was put in my path to see if I would take it. I didn't of course. Like the naive person that I am, I said to Fr., the secretary, her husband and another woman that the chicken barbecue money was over a hundred dollars too much and I couldn't figure it out! It wasn't until a short time ago that I figured out about them trying to catch me doing something wrong in order to blackmail me and only then did I realize that the rectory was bugged (as well as my house, phone, etc). I, like others, THOUGHT they were trying to catch me 'coming on' to Fr. but no, they were trying to catch me doing something to blackmail me into discrediting him.
To make a long story short, one thing that happened while the rectory was bugged was that conversations between me and others were taken for fact and distributed hither and yon and one of those was about the child and Fr. Anselm. When the topic came up I knew that there was a child and that the father had given CC address as his home address and I asked if that was Fr. Anselm because I thought he was the only one who lived there. This piece of misinformation was taken by the chancery 'buggers' and spread as though it was the gospel truth. By the way, in that very conversation when I asked if it was Fr. Anselm (whom I did not even know), I was told that it was not. They didn't bother spreading that truth around...only the part about me asking if Fr. Anselm was the father. He is not. The young woman and her child and Fr. Anselm were harmed at the hands of this bugging and it continues today. The young woman is certainly entitled to her privacy and those who repeatedly trash them should be made to pay for what they have done. Who do you think you are? You are no better than those who have done this to me. You have destroyed a very good man and certainly discredited a young woman who btw, chose to give birth to her child rather than abort it. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
That is not the only lie that has been taken out of context from the 'bugging' but it certainly is right up there with the worst of them.
Now, folks, how do you think you can make it up to Fr. Anselm? The lie...it is like the spent arrow, it can never be taken back. Good luck to you....you will need it.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53298 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>
You might need to get a life for yourself then! Sounds like you have too much time on your hands and not enough people to help you process your feelings and needs.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53299 Jan 15, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You might need to get a life for yourself then! Sounds like you have too much time on your hands and not enough people to help you process your feelings and needs.
duh
Saint Anthony

Buffalo, NY

#53300 Jan 15, 2013
AJ Grisanti - Trustee wrote:
As I read all the garbage about St. Anthony of Padova's parish, I feel compelled to state that no matter all your negativism we will continue to strive. We have survived for over 100 years with probably bigger obstacles than the ones we are facing now. People will always oppose changes. If we believe to be real Catholics, let us have faith and together we can make sure that our parish will be here for years to come.
Let us all remember that a Pastor is only as good as his parishioners.
I am willing to use my real name as I have nothing to hide. Can all of you say the same?
Call the parish and I will be glad to personally speak with you if you have anything more to say!
Ederer and Tarantino are listed as the trustees at this parish, therefore AJ Grisanti must be a fraud.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53301 Jan 15, 2013
Fifty years ago, my then teenage brother was sometimes picked up by the local police for standing on the street corner with his friends (that was the worst they did!). The cops knew him and his friends. However, as the police car approached them, one of the kids yelled, "Don't give your right name!" The first one asked was, of course, my brother. When asked for his name, he said "John Doe". When all the other kids were asked, they gave their right names. The cop piled them in the car and drove right to our house (wasn't the first time) and said to my father, "Is this your son John Doe". My father said, "It is my son but his name is not John Doe."
I suspect the father of the young child in the CC saga used pretty much the same strategy. Wrong address. When taken aback, we don't always do the smart thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All Liberals Are Sociopaths (Jun '13) 1 hr Ibid 159
Review: Collision Master LLC 3 hr BODY SHOP 4
NEW! Kingsmen MC Top Ten List! MUST READ! (Nov '08) 4 hr TheWeaponsystem 121
is Nalina Shapiro fat? (Dec '12) 7 hr Joe Guy 77
A Buffalo Favorite! 16 hr AnotherOne BitesT... 1
Memorial Day Tue NAM VET BIKER 6
It's Always Blacks Protesting Tue John Krow 22
More from around the web

Buffalo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE