Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62885 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Gyp

Lancaster, NY

#52073 Nov 28, 2012
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he didn't have to spend so much and could have had better advisors regarding good taste. But the people who can not buy a loaf of bread? Are you suggesting that St. Stans money should have been dispersed to them? Have you counted how many soup kitchens and food pantries are in the city of Buffalo. How about teaching these people some living skills first!
I've gotta feeling somebody's watching you.
Vaya con Dios

Buffalo, NY

#52074 Nov 28, 2012
Congratulations Art. Good luck with the Fogeys. They will not appreciate your ultramodern and bad taste vestments or playing the piano for your own Masses but you'll do well there away from parish life... if you don't mess up. Go with God!
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God. All is well. Thanks to all who were kind in the dark days. I can now rest easy. I was never Fr. I am not as smart as he is. However, I would like to debate with all esp. West Milford.
Gays

Niagara Falls, NY

#52075 Nov 29, 2012
The list continues:James O'Connor,Patrick O'Keefe,Robert Orlowski, Michael Parker,sold his dick to Snyder,Martin Pavlock,Robert Perelli, Sebastian Pierro?,Richard Poblocki, Peter Popadick, still in the closet, Joseph Porpiglia, Michael Putich, and aphrodite, Thomas Quinlivan,George Reger,Ted Rog, Joseph Rogliano, the famous one.To be continued at some point.
Father Berg

Buffalo, NY

#52076 Nov 29, 2012
WarsawPhil wrote:
Was Msgr. Paul Whitney ever a guest at Msgr. Ted Berg's "parties" at the latter's Canadian villa?
If you knew Father Berg you would know he didn't use the monsignor title because he thought it was pretentious. When he dressed as Little Bo Peep it was after he retired and was a joke because he had a great sense of humor. He wasn't afraid to laugh like some priests are. The joke was that he was retired and lost his parishioners or sheep. That's why he dressed and said I'm Little Bo Peep and I lost my sheep. Some of you people are vicious and nasty by what you have said against this great man.
SMOLC parishoner hamburg

Lancaster, NY

#52077 Nov 29, 2012
Vaya con Dios wrote:
Congratulations Art. Good luck with the Fogeys. They will not appreciate your ultramodern and bad taste vestments or playing the piano for your own Masses but you'll do well there away from parish life... if you don't mess up. Go with God!
<quoted text>
Actually I did not mind him playing the piano when are normal person was away. He is talented and was teaching a special music class to the students as well prior to his removal. Bad taste vestments??? You would have to elaborate, our vestments at the church are new, they were able to purchase new ones a few years ago from a donation from a parishioner.
Lookie here

Buffalo, NY

#52078 Nov 29, 2012
Monsignor

Buffalo, NY

#52079 Nov 29, 2012
Father Berg wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew Father Berg you would know he didn't use the monsignor title because he thought it was pretentious. When he dressed as Little Bo Peep it was after he retired and was a joke because he had a great sense of humor. He wasn't afraid to laugh like some priests are. The joke was that he was retired and lost his parishioners or sheep. That's why he dressed and said I'm Little Bo Peep and I lost my sheep. Some of you people are vicious and nasty by what you have said against this great man.
Why didn't he refuse the title when it was offered to him then? He didn't use it so he could draw attention to himself by not using it and portraying himself as humble.
Mary of Magdela

Tonawanda, NY

#52080 Nov 29, 2012
SMOLC parishoner hamburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I did not mind him playing the piano when are normal person was away. He is talented and was teaching a special music class to the students as well prior to his removal. Bad taste vestments??? You would have to elaborate, our vestments at the church are new, they were able to purchase new ones a few years ago from a donation from a parishioner.
I have permission to respond to you. Thank you for your kind words. You are correct and it is a loss to the faith-filled of WNY. Also, I know Mike Blake and what he says in that blog is patently untrue. The teens of STA went to 7PM Mass on Sunday night. It was always a mob scene. I ought to know....I was there!
Rainbow Pride

Buffalo, NY

#52081 Nov 29, 2012
Gays wrote:
The list continues:James O'Connor,Patrick O'Keefe,Robert Orlowski, Michael Parker,sold his dick to Snyder,Martin Pavlock,Robert Perelli, Sebastian Pierro?,Richard Poblocki, Peter Popadick, still in the closet, Joseph Porpiglia, Michael Putich, and aphrodite, Thomas Quinlivan,George Reger,Ted Rog, Joseph Rogliano, the famous one.To be continued at some point.
Father have you included yourself in this list?
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#52082 Nov 29, 2012
Gays wrote:
Not Poblocki - no way! This poster has lost any and all credibility now.
WarsawPhil

Saint James, NY

#52083 Nov 29, 2012
All the gays in he DOB presbyterate! Weren't Zahm Zielinski and Whitney supposed to get rid of these types.(Zahm's psychiatric reports on seminarians -- whatever the Chancery Ofice wanted him to say.)
WarsawPhil

Saint James, NY

#52084 Nov 29, 2012
I do have some doubts about the inclusion of a few of the names as gay,but overall the list is pretty accurate.
WarsawPhil

Saint James, NY

#52085 Nov 29, 2012
And don't forget Pecararo,McAndrew,and Thaller.
WarsawPhil

Saint James, NY

#52086 Nov 29, 2012
Ted Rog almost destroyed St. John Vianney in Orchard Park.
artie

Buffalo, NY

#52087 Nov 29, 2012
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
I have permission to respond to you. Thank you for your kind words. You are correct and it is a loss to the faith-filled of WNY. Also, I know Mike Blake and what he says in that blog is patently untrue. The teens of STA went to 7PM Mass on Sunday night. It was always a mob scene. I ought to know....I was there!
Of course you were there, you were saying the mass.
Mary of Magdela

Tonawanda, NY

#52088 Nov 29, 2012
artie wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you were there, you were saying the mass.
No I was giving the Blood of Christ, you wacko!
Polish National

United States

#52089 Nov 29, 2012
Pennsylvania Statute of Limitation for Civil Suits in Sexual Abuse of Minors limited to 12 years. Guess who is against it and why?
yuck

Buffalo, NY

#52090 Nov 29, 2012
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
No I was giving the Blood of Christ, you wacko!
yucky yuck yuck
SMOLC parishoner hamburg

Lancaster, NY

#52091 Nov 29, 2012
Gays wrote:
Who cares which priest is gay and which 1 is not. This means nothing to me. Let me ask you all a question, if you work or are now lucky enough to be retired and happened to have a co-worker that was gay, did you go and plaster their name all over a blog, probably not!!! Why does it matter so much??? Btw seeing how this board is I am happily married to a women.
Daughter of Anzelm

Lewiston, NY

#52092 Nov 29, 2012
God will bring justice to those hurt by those using his name in vain at Corpus Christi Church. My Earth Father and Mother are bonded by love and part of the Immaculate Ejaculation. Did you think God my Father wouldn't see you fools at Corpus Christi for who you really are? You try to preserve stone, you try to preserve paintings, you try to preserve Polish heritage, and you try to preserve your lies built on hate. You are the destroyers of faith. You don't care about the neighborhood or its people. Most of you are racist, homophobic, and live behind a wall of religious deceit. You take communion in your filthy mouths without having any clue as what it means to be a Christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sorry, late-night shoppers: Wegmans no longer o... 1 hr Olde Erie 24
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr The Patriot 21,434
Idiots walking in the street during snow 2 hr Buck Rohde 8
Al Sharpton, Boffalos next mayor 15 hr Skinny Naab 69
Buffalo Sex Club 19 hr WineMan 16
Muslim Stronghold Fri Tyrone Abdul Carp 2
News Sam Hoyt scandal (Aug '08) Fri Uncle Remus 322

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages