Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Oct 14, 2007 Read more: WGRZ Buffalo 59,522
The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Read more
Stara pani plotki

Buffalo, NY

#50575 Oct 1, 2012
The Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Suburban Church??? Why aren't they supporting Corpus Christi? After all, Chalupka was sent to Buffalo to save it and the girl he impregnated was its "uber" parishioner. Where's the loyalty? Have to wonder what church the happy couple will be getting married in. Or maybe they will just live together??? Wasn't it Chalupka's parting wish to see the pews at CC filled? Now he has a chance to add three more parishioners to the empty pews at CC and instead goes somewhere else. Go figure!
Why aren't they supporting Corpus Christi??????
I hope that's a rhetorical question.

After impregnating a woman while you were still a priest, her having the child, you leaving the priest vocation, do you really think that he'd want to show his face in that church?..... with all of the old ladies gossiping about it.
If that were you, would you honestly feel comfortable with your now family going to that parish?
Come on, get real Dunkirk!
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#50576 Oct 1, 2012
Has anyone figured out the identity of the former Buffalo priest whose was featured as a prominent layman in the diocesan newspaper of another diocese, without any reference to his past "sins"?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#50577 Oct 1, 2012
Stara pani plotki wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't they supporting Corpus Christi??????
I hope that's a rhetorical question.
After impregnating a woman while you were still a priest, her having the child, you leaving the priest vocation, do you really think that he'd want to show his face in that church?..... with all of the old ladies gossiping about it.
If that were you, would you honestly feel comfortable with your now family going to that parish?
Come on, get real Dunkirk!
I think they should go there and hear the comments from the people who were fooled for 4 or 5 years. Just think, pregnant and coming to his Mass, befriending anyone she could. Then, with child and coming to his Mass as the Phonies that they were.
I am hurt that this happened, but I am glad that they have come together. But, they should address the wrongs they have done. We need to forgive, but it will be hard to forget.
We the people of CC have been fooled again, and I think not for the last time.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#50578 Oct 1, 2012
anonymous wrote:
Has anyone figured out the identity of the former Buffalo priest whose was featured as a prominent layman in the diocesan newspaper of another diocese, without any reference to his past "sins"?
You?

“Dorata's worthless turd”

Since: Mar 09

Buffalo, NY

#50579 Oct 1, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>Answering my own post: I pray that somebody from that parish reads this blog and I would like to give him/her some advice to pass along:
Anything that you THINK you KNOW regarding any slandered priest in this diocese is more than likely untrue. Priests in this diocese were nearly destroyed needlessly and none of them (nor any others?) are free to talk about it.
Have faith that the new administration and perhaps the next one would never assign a priest who is not worthy to lead you. Luckily, the criminals are in hand and the future looks more than promising and you should be assured that nobody would be assigned to you who would endanger any of you or your children. In addition, have faith that your current pastor would never be left hanging in order to promote someone else. Perhaps he is being considered for prominence? That would be my guess.
The DOB is beginning anew and it will soon be the best place to be a priest near and far (with all the sludge that has been/is being removed).
What turnip truck did you fall from?

“Dorata's worthless turd”

Since: Mar 09

Buffalo, NY

#50580 Oct 1, 2012
<quoted text>
Suburban Church??? Why aren't they supporting Corpus Christi? After all, Chalupka was sent to Buffalo to save it and the girl he impregnated was its "uber" parishioner. Where's the loyalty? Have to wonder what church the happy couple will be getting married in. Or maybe they will just live together??? Wasn't it Chalupka's parting wish to see the pews at CC filled? Now he has a chance to add three more parishioners to the empty pews at CC and instead goes somewhere else. Go figure!
Wadda ya mean, go figure?

Polish girls have yellow hair, huge feet and are shagadelic.
What more could the good Father ask for?

You're just pissed that your daughter catches for the 'other team' and can't bag a priest as you have.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#50581 Oct 1, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You?
No.
anonymous

Grand Island, NY

#50582 Oct 2, 2012
While most news is negative, there are positives for the Church. American bishops are more united now than in 40 years. Most religion texts now have more doctrinal content than the ones used in recent decades. The new translation of the Mass puts more emphasis on God; it clarifies aspects of the Catholic Faith left vague in the previous translation. Some religious orders are getting vocations specifically those that emphasize Catholic doctrine, and direct, Catholic ministry. The communities that are shrinking, sadly, have very few members in distinctly Catholic ministries, kind of ambiguous on doctrine. There are fewer young priests, but they all seem specifically committed to Catholicism. The Church has never drawn so many converts who are Protestant ministers or highly educated laypeople. At a time when many churches are obedient to the media and the Gallup Poll, the Catholic Church is different.
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#50583 Oct 2, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they should go there and hear the comments from the people who were fooled for 4 or 5 years. Just think, pregnant and coming to his Mass, befriending anyone she could. Then, with child and coming to his Mass as the Phonies that they were.
I am hurt that this happened, but I am glad that they have come together. But, they should address the wrongs they have done. We need to forgive, but it will be hard to forget.
We the people of CC have been fooled again, and I think not for the last time.
I couldn't agree more. I have egg all over my face for writing three columns in the Am Pol Eagle about Father Chalupka's pious spirituality and commitment to the priesthood, even comparing him to John Paul II, while his bun was already in her oven. They were extremely good at conning people, those two. I have to wonder if Chalupka took the logical step, before he left the priesthood, to determine by DNA testing if that baby was even his. Wouldn't it be something, if in the end, he was the victim of the biggest con job of them all!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#50584 Oct 2, 2012
anonymous wrote:
While most news is negative, there are positives for the Church. American bishops are more united now than in 40 years. Most religion texts now have more doctrinal content than the ones used in recent decades. The new translation of the Mass puts more emphasis on God; it clarifies aspects of the Catholic Faith left vague in the previous translation. Some religious orders are getting vocations specifically those that emphasize Catholic doctrine, and direct, Catholic ministry. The communities that are shrinking, sadly, have very few members in distinctly Catholic ministries, kind of ambiguous on doctrine. There are fewer young priests, but they all seem specifically committed to Catholicism. The Church has never drawn so many converts who are Protestant ministers or highly educated laypeople. At a time when many churches are obedient to the media and the Gallup Poll, the Catholic Church is different.
Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell you how much I have been wondering if the bishops are united.

Some times I get up at night and would pace the floor concerned that the bishops may not be united as they were 40 years ago.

Like you, I must not have much of a life.

P.S. I have also been worried wondering if bishops are less constipated than they were 40 years ago. If you have any information on this, please do share. People need to know!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#50585 Oct 2, 2012
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree more. I have egg all over my face for writing three columns in the Am Pol Eagle about Father Chalupka's pious spirituality and commitment to the priesthood, even comparing him to John Paul II, while his bun was already in her oven. They were extremely good at conning people, those two. I have to wonder if Chalupka took the logical step, before he left the priesthood, to determine by DNA testing if that baby was even his. Wouldn't it be something, if in the end, he was the victim of the biggest con job of them all!
Maybe they can go on the Jerry Springer show. You have to admit, it makes for a great story!
Steve Wilkos

Buffalo, NY

#50586 Oct 2, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they can go on the Jerry Springer show. You have to admit, it makes for a great story!
I'd have them on my show, but I'd need Chalupka's gay lover to come out, start a fight with Chalupka's Pani, and pull her wig off.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#50587 Oct 2, 2012
Steve Wilkos wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd have them on my show, but I'd need Chalupka's gay lover to come out, start a fight with Chalupka's Pani, and pull her wig off.
I can't stop laughing that is soooooooooo funny!
Anonymous

Brooklyn, NY

#50588 Oct 2, 2012
<quoted text>
Do you have a decent bone in your body? The more I read your comments the more twisted you are. I would not be surprised to find out you stalk them and the kid.
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#50589 Oct 2, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a decent bone in your body? The more I read your comments the more twisted you are. I would not be surprised to find out you stalk them and the kid.
Well yes, Fr. Rick, I do have a few decent bones left. I think you should be the priest to marry Anzelm and Kathy. Give them a good talking to at the Pre-Cana conference about saving themselves for marriage. Oops, too late for that. Never mind.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#50590 Oct 2, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Good to hear. He must make sure this is known in the diocesan paper and also in the secular media. Ideally, he should disclose the names of all those credibly accused. Other bishops have done so.( And if any priest has been falsely accused,the fact should at least be mentioned.)
How and who determines what is credible? Go to court period. not a penny to anybody. There are victims and people trafficked and abused every minute of every day and they can't sue anybody because there is no money to be had. Shame on the church for giving our money away without a trial. Why do these victims AND their families accept the money. Is money what makes everything go away or is it money that ultimately makes everybody feel better, especially the lawyers. What do the diocesan lawyers do that they deserve to be paid. They have never defended a case and would be eaten alive if they went into a courtroom anyway. Afraid of their own shadow they are, and to think they are Irish!!! They would't even be good enough to boil a potato
Anonymous

United States

#50591 Oct 2, 2012
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
How and who determines what is credible? Go to court period. not a penny to anybody. There are victims and people trafficked and abused every minute of every day and they can't sue anybody because there is no money to be had. Shame on the church for giving our money away without a trial. Why do these victims AND their families accept the money. Is money what makes everything go away or is it money that ultimately makes everybody feel better, especially the lawyers. What do the diocesan lawyers do that they deserve to be paid. They have never defended a case and would be eaten alive if they went into a courtroom anyway. Afraid of their own shadow they are, and to think they are Irish!!! They would't even be good enough to boil a potato
Credible? Check the definition on the Internet. Every 5th grader can write a credible story. People like fiction especially when it is spiced with sex. The accuser of Charles Kavanough said he was molested when he was a minor. His supporters, the Review Board, the Archbishop of New York believed him. Now he confessed that he was then a college student. Incredible!
i heard a rumor

Buffalo, NY

#50592 Oct 2, 2012
Many people are complaining about PHD's relics and the bars he has over "Mary's altar." They complain it throws the sanctuary off balance. PHD had to admit that it did throw things off a bit too. So what he will do is put his train collection on the Sacred Heart side and bars will be put on that side too. These trains are of historical significance as the replicate the train FDR's body rode on for his funeral. And this same train was blessed by Pope John Paul II when he came to calm Mary down when PHD cut a hole in her true veil. You see he tried to claim the veil got caught in the railroad track. Mary didn't buy it and neither should you.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#50593 Oct 2, 2012
<quoted text>
Well yes, Fr. Rick, I do have a few decent bones left. I think you should be the priest to marry Anzelm and Kathy. Give them a good talking to at the Pre-Cana conference about saving themselves for marriage. Oops, too late for that. Never mind.
Don't throw stones.
You have said on here that your husband got an annulment. That means you were married to a man still married to his first wife in the eyes of the church for a long time. That is called adultery, Dunkirk Dupa. Oops. Nevermind.
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#50594 Oct 2, 2012
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't throw stones.
You have said on here that your husband got an annulment. That means you were married to a man still married to his first wife in the eyes of the church for a long time. That is called adultery, Dunkirk Dupa. Oops. Nevermind.
And what would you call consecrating the Host while your baby girl is cooing in the front pew? Got a name for that,smarty pants?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
first-degree kidnapping TONAWANDA (Feb '11) 4 hr ZZcopyK 15
Blacks take up space in Buffalo and the USA 6 hr Seriously 27
Is Buffalo NY overpopulated with blacks? 8 hr MAYOR DYSASTER 30
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Bam 19,839
warning to anyone who has this lawyer for lead ... Sun angry 1
News Western NY village wants to give its Lucille Ba... Sun test 14
any girl phonesex with this guy? (Mar '13) Sun mike 74
More from around the web

Buffalo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]