Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62103 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Wondering

Buffalo, NY

#49813 Aug 23, 2012
So Segundo couldn't sign because he's under religious vows. Would the money in this case come from the parish or 795?

If others are named in the settlement, is this just for Casarotto? Could Bialkowski be one? And any other priest? Or is it only for Segundo?
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Most likely Voorhees signed the settlement and someone from 795.
Perfidia

Buffalo, NY

#49814 Aug 23, 2012
Ludu, moj ludu! Cozem ci uczynil?
W czymem zasmucil, albo w czym zawinil?
Jam cie wprowadzil w kraj miodem plynacy,
Tys Mi zgotowal smierci znak hanbiacy.
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#49815 Aug 23, 2012
It's official! As of August 17, Fr. Anzelm Chalupka has left the priesthood at his own request. Another one of my "shepherds" who turned out to be more lost than his sheep! Can Poblocki be far behind? But then again I have always considered myself the worst judge of character of anyone I know. I wasn't the only naive fool. Remember how Corpus Christi was packed to the rafters for Chalupka's farewell Mass? Oh what a popular priest he was. He had everybody eating out of his hand. What a phony baloney!
Any proof

Buffalo, NY

#49816 Aug 23, 2012
What's your source, Dunkirk? Did you see a laicization or exclaustration decree? His name and pictures are on the pilgrimage from two weeks ago and the monastery site.
The Dunkirk Connection wrote:
It's official! As of August 17, Fr. Anzelm Chalupka has left the priesthood at his own request. Another one of my "shepherds" who turned out to be more lost than his sheep! Can Poblocki be far behind? But then again I have always considered myself the worst judge of character of anyone I know. I wasn't the only naive fool. Remember how Corpus Christi was packed to the rafters for Chalupka's farewell Mass? Oh what a popular priest he was. He had everybody eating out of his hand. What a phony baloney!
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#49817 Aug 23, 2012
Any proof wrote:
What's your source, Dunkirk? Did you see a laicization or exclaustration decree? His name and pictures are on the pilgrimage from two weeks ago and the monastery site.
<quoted text>
I did see the press release issued yesterday by the provincial secretary.
Anonymous

United States

#49818 Aug 23, 2012
Refreshing news that a guy actually leaves on his own accord. No settlement, no arrest, no court. I liked the guy and still do. Weakness is human nature. It is our place to forgive and move on. Good wishes to him.
Anonymous

United States

#49819 Aug 23, 2012
Wondering wrote:
So Segundo couldn't sign because he's under religious vows. Would the money in this case come from the parish or 795?
If others are named in the settlement, is this just for Casarotto? Could Bialkowski be one? And any other priest? Or is it only for Segundo?
<quoted text>
Bialkowski settlement? Maybe. What ever happened to his other two accusers? The DoB needs to clarify his case.
Question

Buffalo, NY

#49820 Aug 23, 2012
Is it online?
<quoted text>
I did see the press release issued yesterday by the provincial secretary.
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#49821 Aug 23, 2012
Question wrote:
Is it online?
<quoted text>
Not that I know of. Probably only meant for the Paulines in America since it was issued in Poland.
ksiadz Anzelm

Buffalo, NY

#49822 Aug 23, 2012
Przykro mi, ze czujesz sie w ten sposob, Dunkierka.

Moge teraz zaczac nowe zycie z moim cudownym dzieckiem i jego matka. Sposob Bog chcial go miec.
Shadwell

Buffalo, NY

#49823 Aug 23, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Bialkowski settlement? Maybe. What ever happened to his other two accusers? The DoB needs to clarify his case.
Herr should have at least gotten $1000 for having his thigh touched.
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#49824 Aug 23, 2012
What's going on at Blessed John XXIII in Lakeview,NY?
sarefin

United States

#49825 Aug 23, 2012
so brendan who is paying for you to go to europe three times in one year it must be nice what are you doing to get these free tickets. BEWARE OF BRENDAN
sarefin

United States

#49826 Aug 23, 2012
is it pani brendan
Anonymous

Hamburg, NY

#49827 Aug 23, 2012
anonymous wrote:
What's going on at Blessed John XXIII in Lakeview,NY?
John XXIII is in West Seneca.
sarefin

United States

#49828 Aug 23, 2012
brendan you must have money. what do you do all day at st. anthony
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#49829 Aug 23, 2012
Sorry,what is going on at Blessed John Paul II in Lakeview?
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#49830 Aug 23, 2012
anonymous wrote:
Sorry,what is going on at Blessed John Paul II in Lakeview?
I never heard of that. Are you speaking about the retreat house? Maybe they changed the name. Wall used to be in charge of that.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#49831 Aug 23, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Refreshing news that a guy actually leaves on his own accord. No settlement, no arrest, no court. I liked the guy and still do. Weakness is human nature. It is our place to forgive and move on. Good wishes to him.
Isn't better to leave on your own than work for people who don't appreciate you? Or even worse be tried in the Buffalo News by Jay Tokass when you haven't committed any crime. Since when does he know better than any judge, jury or God.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#49832 Aug 23, 2012
I have more respect for him now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ann Coulter or Donald Trump (Oct '12) 1 hr Tiny Hands Drumpf 22
Will Trump be impeached by the end of the year? 1 hr Tiny Hands Drumpf 40
David L. Buonamici 6 hr Bob 6
When dating a Colombian man, what are some info... (Sep '13) 16 hr Christy A 34
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 hr Ha Hair 20,932
Is Buffalo A Racist City? Fri Bob 15
Did Tbird vote for Trump? Fri Your Name Here 2

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages