Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Comments (Page 2,357)

Showing posts 47,121 - 47,140 of57,925
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
anonymous

Depew, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

Some have expressed that the debate over Religious Liberty is about something that might, perhaps, happen in the future. This is a reality that has already hurt many Americans! Prolife nurses who refuse to cooperate on abortions have already been affected. Applicants for medical school who oppose legal abortion are already being discriminated against. Hospitals that refuse to perform abortions have already lost some supports (interns, grants, approvals) and as a result, some have already closed. Child Welfare programs that donít do abortion referrals, or support same-sex couples adopting, have already been closed in some places by government officials who can take away licenses, even if they are funded exclusively by Catholic Charities, not the government. Colleges that permit almost every possible expression of viewpoints have already banned prolife presentations. Religious Liberty is about the rights of individuals, both Catholic and others.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
Some have expressed that the debate over Religious Liberty is about something that might, perhaps, happen in the future. This is a reality that has already hurt many Americans! Prolife nurses who refuse to cooperate on abortions have already been affected. Applicants for medical school who oppose legal abortion are already being discriminated against. Hospitals that refuse to perform abortions have already lost some supports (interns, grants, approvals) and as a result, some have already closed. Child Welfare programs that donít do abortion referrals, or support same-sex couples adopting, have already been closed in some places by government officials who can take away licenses, even if they are funded exclusively by Catholic Charities, not the government. Colleges that permit almost every possible expression of viewpoints have already banned prolife presentations. Religious Liberty is about the rights of individuals, both Catholic and others.
Spell it out. I don't know what you are looking for from me.
Do I support abortion? Absolutely not.
Do I even know anyone who has had or who has considered an abortion? No I don't.
Do I support same-sex marriage? No I do not support that.
Do I support anything other than prolife? No, I don't.
Do I support contraceptive methods not permitted according to Catholic teaching? No I don't support that. However, I have not had to make the difficult decision regarding using ANY kind of contraception since my married life (the ONLY time in my life I have been intimate with anyone) has never produced a pregnancy, contrary to my hopes and desires. By the way, I did not resort to any other means of reproduction. Do I get any points for that? While we had the opportunity to adopt, we never had the means to pay the cost.(My sisters have adopted through Catholic Charities, the last two of which cost them their house, both times). My displaced-steel-worker husband lost 75% of his income from which it took 31 years to recover financially, while not resorting to bankruptcy.
Contrary to what has been written and/or insinuated about me on this blog, I have lead ONE incredibly sheltered life. I went from my parents home to my husbands home. I have never been in an airplane in my life (neither has my husband). I am the second youngest of nine kids to a very Catholic/Irish family. My mother carried 12 pregnancies within a 13 year span, 9 of which survived (no multiples). With no thanks to me nor my single sister, my other siblings have produced enough offspring (and they have produced more) to bring our total to about 75, three of those due within the next two months. I have been a godmother 6 times. My husband is a convert to Catholicism, of his own choosing, I might add.
I have had to take a stand regarding the Catholic church which caused a 5 year rift between my mother-in-law and myself, after which she could not find it in her heart to forgive me for speaking up to her (after 20 years of not speaking up to her) which was not resolved at the time of her death. My husband supported me in the feud. By the way, she was a non-practicing Catholic who did not have the Catholic opportunities that I had and spoke from hurt regarding her mistreatment by the Catholic church. My non-practicing Catholic father-in-law remarried in the Catholic church ten years ago, although he still remembers the hurt. He has considered returning but confession stands in his way.
Of my siblings and myself, there has been no divorce (one church annulment).
I can think of nothing else pertinent to what you might need from me.
I find it incredible that if "Jesus" has chosen me, you question his judgment. I am sorry if you find that offensive but I have been through the mill and I will NOT go quietly into that good night. Although I know my place, you are asking me to lay my life down on a BLOG for all of the world(?) to see. I have done that. That is all there is.
Polish National

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

The Washington Post (June 29, 2012) stated that "Last year, about 3,200 incidents of sexual assault were reported or investigated by the armed forces - a fraction of the estimated 16,000 that took place, according to Defence Department figures." JUST ONE YEAR!
Where is the media? Are the Catholic Church coffers bigger than Uncle Sam's?
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

anonymous wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly. I am not, however, prepared nor qualified (yet) to 'speak' publicly on this topic.
Opinion

Ludlow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Answer wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever since your beloved krolowa proboszcz from gualbert and doat was busted over the abuse no one wants anything to do with anything polish. Everything is dying now because of him!
Did you apply for the organist position at Corpus Christi? I heard there's an opening there.
Anonymous

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you apply for the organist position at Corpus Christi? I heard there's an opening there.
CC is closing soon. No organist needed.
real story

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone know the real story concerning the organist at Corpus Christie? Someone posted Woody left around Easter time then someone else posted he hasn't left. Just curious. Thanks.
real story

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

anonYmous wrote:
<quoted text>
And he also barbequed a mean chicken--- seriously!
I heard Jost let Woody go, but don't know the details. Does anyone know anything?
Anonymous

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

real story wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone know the real story concerning the organist at Corpus Christie? Someone posted Woody left around Easter time then someone else posted he hasn't left. Just curious. Thanks.
CC wants a Polish organist. They are bringing someone in from Poland. They want the best in Everythung Polish. Woody is not Polish and is not a good organist for Polish place like ours.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

My best guess is that the benefactress (in an attempt to discredit me since nothing else has worked) proposed in court that I am all of the things I have defended in my posts in the last few days in order to escape her cell or to limit her stay there. I would also venture to guess that it is she or her representative who is 'judging' my posts 'nuts'.
Well, God is good! I think the poop has hit the fan and the truth will set me free finally (but NOT the benefactress). Stay tuned.
Anonymous

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

real story wrote:
<quoted text> I heard Jost let Woody go, but don't know the details. Does anyone know anything?
Jost got rid of everyone from St. Alberts. When he came he brought everyone from Ascension and he got rid of everyone from St. Alberts in due time.
Polish National

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Jost got rid of everyone from St. Alberts. When he came he brought everyone from Ascension and he got rid of everyone from St. Alberts in due time.
Just like in the Middle Ages: the King travels with his court...
Organist

Grand Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
CC wants a Polish organist. They are bringing someone in from Poland. They want the best in Everythung Polish. Woody is not Polish and is not a good organist for Polish place like ours.
I was there. Danny Tennerovich is currently playing there.
Does not add up

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

CC is closing, but they are importing an organist from Poland. I just need clarification. Also, where did Woody go? Thanks for your replies.
Jail Bird

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

anonymous wrote:
My best guess is that the benefactress (in an attempt to discredit me since nothing else has worked) proposed in court that I am all of the things I have defended in my posts in the last few days in order to escape her cell or to limit her stay there. I would also venture to guess that it is she or her representative who is 'judging' my posts 'nuts'.
Well, God is good! I think the poop has hit the fan and the truth will set me free finally (but NOT the benefactress). Stay tuned.
What is she in jail for anyway??
I don't think I've heard the story.
It was unfair

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
It's unfair that Jost did that. Joe Rogliano does that when he goes to a parish. It's like a Rock Star Entourage. When a national entertainer comes to Buffalo they will use people locally, but they always have their base group. This base group knows their kicks. It's right for performances, but not in ministry.
anonymous

Depew, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Even if most news is bad, there are good trends. There are many communities of women that are emphasizing doctrine and ministry, and are getting vocations. You wonít read about them in the newspaper, but you can find them as affiliated with Council of Major Superiors of Women Religious. There are many like-minded communities of men that are growing. Home-schooling is growing among Catholics. The Anglican Ordinariate is growing steadily, ordaining more priests than many dioceses combined. Opus Dei is growing; itís endorsed by the Pope, hated by the secular media. The bishops are more united now than they have been in decades. Vocations are booming in Latin America, Asia and Africa. Keep praying for the Church here.
Opinion

Grand Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there's no one qualified to be a polish organist anymore. Hasnt the catholic church allowed that suspended polish priest to apply for an organist job so he can still feel wanted? His parents must be so dissapointed he was removed as a priest. Sad.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

anonymous wrote:
Even if most news is bad, there are good trends. There are many communities of women that are emphasizing doctrine and ministry, and are getting vocations. You wonít read about them in the newspaper, but you can find them as affiliated with Council of Major Superiors of Women Religious. There are many like-minded communities of men that are growing. Home-schooling is growing among Catholics. The Anglican Ordinariate is growing steadily, ordaining more priests than many dioceses combined. Opus Dei is growing; itís endorsed by the Pope, hated by the secular media. The bishops are more united now than they have been in decades. Vocations are booming in Latin America, Asia and Africa. Keep praying for the Church here.
And what about vocations in the DOB?(Yes. I like these trends and hope they will continue. I use many practices from Opus Dei.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there's no one qualified to be a polish organist anymore. Hasnt the catholic church allowed that suspended polish priest to apply for an organist job so he can still feel wanted? His parents must be so dissapointed he was removed as a priest. Sad.
Just wait you will be astonished at who we got to play at CC. All poles will be happy.
God bless the No 1 church in Polonia-CC. We get rid of who we do not want and replace them with those worthy of us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 47,121 - 47,140 of57,925
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Buffalo Forum right now

Search the Buffalo Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 min Samuel 17,772
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr MacDaddyobama 6,188
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 1 hr MacDaddyobama 6,289
ObamaCare is not affordable! 7 hr GUMP nf 24
I am in West Seneca 16 hr Lifee Koach 9
looking for info. on roaring angels mc (Feb '12) 18 hr danny hwah 47
Your Favorite TBirdism (Feb '10) 18 hr Lifee Koach 192
•••
•••
•••
•••

Buffalo Jobs

•••
•••
•••