Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Comments (Page 2,348)

Showing posts 46,941 - 46,960 of58,474
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
anonymous

North Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Where have they gone wrote:
I'v been away from the area for awhile and have lost track of where some priests have gone. Is there a directory for priests or by parish where they've been moved to with all the closing?
I know Fr. Joe Waclawski passed away. Does anyone know the whereabouts of Fr. George Reger, Fr. Tom Gresock, Fr. Louis Dolinic?
Reger is pastor at Blessed Trinity, Dolinic has retired. Don't know what became of Gresock. I don't think he's in active ministry in DOB
Ite missa est

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

I heard the order sent Secundo to the Azores. The Latin Mass is still going strong. I visited two weeks ago. Too bad they have Bob M saying it now. He drones on and on. Good attendance though. Vale!
kmiecistrash wrote:
whats the latest scoop on secundo?
how is the latin mass doing at st anthonys?
Dur e mar a dheanann dur

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Tá brón parting milis ar nós ..... NACH!
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Dur e mar a dheanann dur wrote:
Tá brón parting milis ar nós ..... NACH!
Maith thu. Slainte chugat.
madra salach

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

Thuig mé nach mbeadh tú a bheith ag lorg.
Verdadeiro

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

My Portuguese friend in Toronto told me that Fr. Segundo is indeed in the Azores.

He is working in a new Scalabrini mission there ministering to fishermen in the islands of Sao Miguel, Flores and Terceira.
Ite missa est wrote:
I heard the order sent Secundo to the Azores. The Latin Mass is still going strong. I visited two weeks ago. Too bad they have Bob M saying it now. He drones on and on. Good attendance though. Vale!
<quoted text>
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

Ataron leis degarate lauit en!
anonymous

Depew, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

Judged:

Rev. Martin Luther King and others in the civil rights movement fought huge obstacles but at least the churches then were unregulated by government. They were able affirm other rights because of freedom of religion. June 21 begins the Fortnight for religious freedom. I think if Rev. King were alive today, he would be supporting it. I hope we all do.
answer to many questions

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

The greatest priestly action I have ever seen was at Mass on a hot summer Sunday at St. Mary’s Parish in New Haven, Conn.

This was back before the parish had air conditioning. It was tough for the congregation, but worse for the visiting priest who said Mass in the summer. He had diabetes and some kind of degenerative nerve disorder that made his hands shake.
Catholic Priest Hearing Confession

Catholic Priest Hearing Confession & Praying the Rosary

“It’s hot for you,” he would joke.“But I’m up here wearing a horse blanket!”

This priest’s homilies were excellent, but the moment that is burned in my memory happened during the Eucharistic prayer.

Father was slowing down through the first part of the prayer, like an old record player that needed to be cranked. When he started the consecration, it sounded like he was going to stop altogether.

But after he started the consecration, it quickly became clear that nothing could make him stop.

“Take this,” pause,“all of you,” pause,“and”… long pause …“eat it.”

He took a long gasping breath and looked like he wouldn’t recover. A parishioner ran to his side. The priest made it clear he wasn’t about to leave the altar, so the parishioner brought a chair for him to rest on.

“This … is … my … body … which will be … given up … for you.”

He lifted the host with shaky hands. We watched in rapt silence.

He slowly worked through “When the supper was ended, he took the cup …”

And then a replacement priest had been brought over from the rectory.

But Father wasn’t about to stop halfway through the consecration.

Word after agonizing word, he got to the end of the consecration.

By then, an ambulance had come. After he elevated the chalice, he was carried away on a stretcher.

Then the replacement priest stepped up to the altar.“Let us proclaim the mystery of faith,” he said.

Talk about alter christus. Watching that priest was like watching Our Lord consecrating the Eucharist — from the cross.

“Mom, why wouldn’t he stop?” the kids asked their mother in the car.

“Because he’s a priest,” said April.“That’s what priests do.”

She was right. It is vitally important that priests preach and that they do it well. But preaching isn’t the most important thing priests do. A priest doesn’t need to be talented, interesting or well-read to do the most important things priests do.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

The Archdiocese of Philadelphia today announced a major staff reduction and the closure of the archdiocesan newspaper. What does this forebode for the DOB?
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

anonymous wrote:
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia today announced a major staff reduction and the closure of the archdiocesan newspaper. What does this forebode for the DOB?
Are you serious? Is THIS going on everywhere?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

anonymous wrote:
No Western NY Catholic?
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
No Western NY Catholic?
Yes. In Union, we will Echo together,"Magnificat "
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Are you serious? Is THIS going on everywhere?
Yes.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
OMG!!!
anonymous

Depew, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

The restriction on religious liberty isn't something that might happen in the future, it happens now. Many Catholic child welfare agencies and hospitals have been closed because they don't support abortion. Catholics and others who are prolife are sometimes rejected from medical school, or from social work jobs. Agencies that won't do abortion referrals are losing out on grants, or licensure, not only for pregnancy service but from ALL services. Support the Fortnight for religious liberty. The most important action we can do is prayer.
salomea

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. In Union, we will Echo together,"Magnificat "
We will unionize and echo together.Keenan will loose his pulpit to put "HIS spin on things."
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

salomea wrote:
<quoted text>
We will unionize and echo together.Keenan will loose his pulpit to put "HIS spin on things."
Whoever is in charge,nothing will change. The purpose of the diocesan paper to simply to echo in union with the hangers-on, the praises of the "Big Cat",i.e. the bishop.(Wasn't Kevin supposed to be headed to work with Massiello?)
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

Judged:

answer to many questions wrote:
The greatest priestly action I have ever seen was at Mass on a hot summer Sunday at St. Mary’s Parish in New Haven, Conn.
This was back before the parish had air conditioning. It was tough for the congregation, but worse for the visiting priest who said Mass in the summer. He had diabetes and some kind of degenerative nerve disorder that made his hands shake.
Catholic Priest Hearing Confession
Catholic Priest Hearing Confession & Praying the Rosary
“It’s hot for you,” he would joke.“But I’m up here wearing a horse blanket!”
This priest’s homilies were excellent, but the moment that is burned in my memory happened during the Eucharistic prayer.
Father was slowing down through the first part of the prayer, like an old record player that needed to be cranked. When he started the consecration, it sounded like he was going to stop altogether.
But after he started the consecration, it quickly became clear that nothing could make him stop.
“Take this,” pause,“all of you,” pause,“and”… long pause …“eat it.”
He took a long gasping breath and looked like he wouldn’t recover. A parishioner ran to his side. The priest made it clear he wasn’t about to leave the altar, so the parishioner brought a chair for him to rest on.
“This … is … my … body … which will be … given up … for you.”
He lifted the host with shaky hands. We watched in rapt silence.
He slowly worked through “When the supper was ended, he took the cup …”
And then a replacement priest had been brought over from the rectory.
But Father wasn’t about to stop halfway through the consecration.
Word after agonizing word, he got to the end of the consecration.
By then, an ambulance had come. After he elevated the chalice, he was carried away on a stretcher.
Then the replacement priest stepped up to the altar.“Let us proclaim the mystery of faith,” he said.
Talk about alter christus. Watching that priest was like watching Our Lord consecrating the Eucharist — from the cross.
“Mom, why wouldn’t he stop?” the kids asked their mother in the car.
“Because he’s a priest,” said April.“That’s what priests do.”
She was right. It is vitally important that priests preach and that they do it well. But preaching isn’t the most important thing priests do. A priest doesn’t need to be talented, interesting or well-read to do the most important things priests do.
Pardon me for a moment, I'm so moved by this that I just wet myself.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
The restriction on religious liberty isn't something that might happen in the future, it happens now. Many Catholic child welfare agencies and hospitals have been closed because they don't support abortion. Catholics and others who are prolife are sometimes rejected from medical school, or from social work jobs. Agencies that won't do abortion referrals are losing out on grants, or licensure, not only for pregnancy service but from ALL services. Support the Fortnight for religious liberty. The most important action we can do is prayer.
Someone sounds brainwashed!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 46,941 - 46,960 of58,474
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

47 Users are viewing the Buffalo Forum right now

Search the Buffalo Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Should Melissa report in the nude? (Jun '08) 3 min SOSUS INDIAN 12
Gardens grow pride in city 50 min mayordysaster 3
Tbird is 1 hr mayordysaster 5
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr C No Evil 6,320
since Neocon ran away..... 6 hr Life Coach 5
Wheres Ch.4's Nalina Shapiro ? (Dec '12) 7 hr SOSUS INDIAN 13
is Nalina Shapiro fat? (Dec '12) 7 hr SOSUS INDIAN 54
•••
•••
•••
Buffalo Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Buffalo Jobs

•••