Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Full Story
Mary of Magdela

Lockport, NY

#47656 Apr 18, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Actually,it was reported in the DOB that most of the seminarians from Columbia"upped" and left. I think the number was 10. They are also having problems recruiting priests from Poland.
Really...wow! I always wondered how they spun that. There were really around 25 of them and they did not
expect to be pushed out. The truth about that debacle would curl a person's hair. However, most of them eventually landed on their feet. Some of them suffered terribly,especially the few that would have made excellent priests. I am proud to have one as an unofficial son.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#47657 Apr 18, 2012
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Really...wow! I always wondered how they spun that. There were really around 25 of them and they did not
expect to be pushed out. The truth about that debacle would curl a person's hair. However, most of them eventually landed on their feet. Some of them suffered terribly,especially the few that would have made excellent priests. I am proud to have one as an unofficial son.
Ok, I stand corrected. Thanks for givng and the rest of the bloggers the straight "dope".
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#47658 Apr 18, 2012
Speaking of the straight "dope", the bloggers (and the blog readers) are more intelligent than most folks think they might be. Call it instinct or call it inspiration or even call it past experiences, most readers/bloggers can put two and two together and come up with what the straight "dope" is. Maybe there won't be a book written about it, maybe it will be somewhat swept under the rug, the readers/bloggers will 'see' for themselves who is victorious and who is missing from the victory celebration. It is/was a horrific, painful experience and to the victor goes the spoils but as they say, "Time wounds all heels"....
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#47659 Apr 18, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Speaking of the straight "dope", the bloggers (and the blog readers) are more intelligent than most folks think they might be. Call it instinct or call it inspiration or even call it past experiences, most readers/bloggers can put two and two together and come up with what the straight "dope" is. Maybe there won't be a book written about it, maybe it will be somewhat swept under the rug, the readers/bloggers will 'see' for themselves who is victorious and who is missing from the victory celebration. It is/was a horrific, painful experience and to the victor goes the spoils but as they say, "Time wounds all heels"....
You're right. And 795 realizes this this. so now they're saying nothing about abuse, closures, Bialkowski,etc. One of these days, the chickens will return to roost. The chancery knows no one belives them any more.
Yea Man

Newark, NJ

#47660 Apr 18, 2012
Just wait until Grosz takes over.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#47661 Apr 18, 2012
Yea Man wrote:
Just wait until Grosz takes over.
Never going to happen. John Radice would probably have a better chance. Maybe even Paul Kowalewski.
Uh huh

Buffalo, NY

#47662 Apr 18, 2012
Those Colombian seminarians were often ridiculed for being "traditional" in their piety and thinking. Without much guidance, their field training was in well-to-do parishes where they savored
the American dream while their Hispanic brothers in the inner city were spiritually starving.
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Darn.....you guys love to push! LOL! How about the little trip to Colombia which brought back those 28 non English speaking seminarians. Promised them everything and delivered NOTHING.
They wouldn't even make the one that was ordained a citizen!
anon

Buffalo, NY

#47663 Apr 18, 2012
Uh huh wrote:
Those Colombian seminarians were often ridiculed for being "traditional" in their piety and thinking. Without much guidance, their field training was in well-to-do parishes where they savored
the American dream while their Hispanic brothers in the inner city were spiritually starving.
<quoted text>
"TRADITIONAL"?
Some were secretly married. Some left as soon as they got their green card. Some were thieves. Some dated men. Some dated women. Most told lies to get here. The Diocese gave them every advantage, every financial consideration and trust. They were never vetted or screened. This was the worst vocation ploy in the last 30 years. Meanwhile, the indigenous vocations languished.
Bishops have little or no idea what's going on, nor do the staffs in many chanceries. Complaints from pastors are seen as being a "troublemaker". Real reform is nearly impossible.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#47664 Apr 18, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
"TRADITIONAL"?
Some were secretly married. Some left as soon as they got their green card. Some were thieves. Some dated men. Some dated women. Most told lies to get here. The Diocese gave them every advantage, every financial consideration and trust. They were never vetted or screened. This was the worst vocation ploy in the last 30 years. Meanwhile, the indigenous vocations languished.
Bishops have little or no idea what's going on, nor do the staffs in many chanceries. Complaints from pastors are seen as being a "troublemaker". Real reform is nearly impossible.
This concurs more with the account I heard earlier. Quite frankly, I don't know who to believe.
Mary of Magdela

Lockport, NY

#47665 Apr 18, 2012
Uh huh wrote:
<quoted text>
BULL
Mary of Magdela

Lockport, NY

#47666 Apr 18, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
"TRADITIONAL"?
Bull who is this? Gatto?
Mary of Magdela

Lockport, NY

#47667 Apr 18, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>This concurs more with the account I heard earlier. Quite frankly, I don't know who to believe.
I am sorry I wrote anything. I was there and I know, however, this place is creepy. I will not write again. Just leave Fr. Art alone. God Bless you all.
Tell me

Buffalo, NY

#47668 Apr 18, 2012
If true, was the misbehavior of the students from Columbia the cause of a poor selection or the result of inadequate formation at SJV/CKS ?
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
"TRADITIONAL"?
anonymous

North Tonawanda, NY

#47669 Apr 18, 2012
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry I wrote anything. I was there and I know, however, this place is creepy. I will not write again. Just leave Fr. Art alone. God Bless you all.
I remember Artie, Okie, Kibler, even, McAndrew from vianney. While I may disagree with their approach to priesthood, I do honor, and respect their service. If Artie is having problems, I hope, they're resolved
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#47670 Apr 19, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember Artie, Okie, Kibler, even, McAndrew from vianney. While I may disagree with their approach to priesthood, I do honor, and respect their service. If Artie is having problems, I hope, they're resolved
Yes. Where is McAndrew these days? What is he doing? And what is the story on Art Smith?
Kyrsa please

Buffalo, NY

#47671 Apr 19, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Never going to happen. John Radice would probably have a better chance. Maybe even Paul Kowalewski.
why not Kyrsa? That should put Dunkirk Connection over the eadge.
with Kyrsa's strong work ethic, he would turn this Diocese around in no time.
Yea Man

Newark, NJ

#47672 Apr 19, 2012
Nope it's going to be Grosz, despite what others have said or think.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#47673 Apr 19, 2012
Yea Man wrote:
Nope it's going to be Grosz, despite what others have said or think.
Grosz is unfortunately perceived as a "buffoon" in the DOB. Too bad,because,he is basically good hearted. Don't be surprized,if he gets a small diocese somewhere,with some one to keep his spending habits under conrol.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#47674 Apr 19, 2012
A Prayer for Priests

Lord Jesus, we your people pray to You for our priests. You have given them to us for our needs. We pray for them in their needs.
We know that You have made them priests in the likeness of Your own priesthood. You have consecrated them, set them aside, anointed them, filled them with the Holy Spirit, appointed them to teach, to preach, to minister, to console, to forgive, and to feed us with Your Body and Blood.
Yet we know, too, that they are one with us and share our human weaknesses. We know too that they are tempted to sin and discouragement as we are, needing to be ministered to, as do we, to be consoled and forgive, as do we. Indeed, we thank You for choosing them from among us, so that they understand us as we understand them, suffer with us and rejoice with us, worry with us and trust with us, share our beings, our lives, our faith.
We ask that You give them this day the gift You gave Your chosen ones on the way to Emmaus: Your presence in their hearts, Your holiness in their souls, Your joy in their spirits. And let them see You face to face in the breaking of the Eucharistic bread.
We pray to You, O Lord, through Mary the Mother of all priests, for Your priests and for ours. Amen.

Written by John Cardinal O’Connor
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#47676 Apr 19, 2012
anon wrote:
A Prayer for Priests
Lord Jesus, we your people pray to You for our priests. You have given them to us for our needs. We pray for them in their needs.
We know that You have made them priests in the likeness of Your own priesthood. You have consecrated them, set them aside, anointed them, filled them with the Holy Spirit, appointed them to teach, to preach, to minister, to console, to forgive, and to feed us with Your Body and Blood.
Yet we know, too, that they are one with us and share our human weaknesses. We know too that they are tempted to sin and discouragement as we are, needing to be ministered to, as do we, to be consoled and forgive, as do we. Indeed, we thank You for choosing them from among us, so that they understand us as we understand them, suffer with us and rejoice with us, worry with us and trust with us, share our beings, our lives, our faith.
We ask that You give them this day the gift You gave Your chosen ones on the way to Emmaus: Your presence in their hearts, Your holiness in their souls, Your joy in their spirits. And let them see You face to face in the breaking of the Eucharistic bread.
We pray to You, O Lord, through Mary the Mother of all priests, for Your priests and for ours. Amen.
Written by John Cardinal O’Connor
Touching. Do they pray for us? Do they care about how they treat the laity? Are they forgiving? Do they put others first before their "needs and luxurious wants?" Amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Nam Biker Vet Ever See Combat (Jan '10) 1 hr Loco Motion 1,203
Happy Liefless New Year 1 hr Loco Motion 16
Democrats 2 hr David Bocc 1
I mite knot no grammer and speling but....... 3 hr tbird19482 4
Questioning Cherry Creek Demolition (Mar '08) 3 hr tbird19482 500
Why won't LIEF COACH die? 3 hr tbird19482 16
Stop all this SOUR TALK 4 hr GUMP 7
Buffalo Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web