Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 20 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#29882 Dec 14, 2009
Is everyone out Christmas shopping?
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#29883 Dec 14, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
Is everyone out Christmas shopping?
We're busy helping priests get their Christmas cards out, so that they can make a few $$$ on this holy season. That's what Advent is all about...preparing. Preparing to get some $$$!
The Dunkirk Connection

Buffalo, NY

#29884 Dec 14, 2009
I saw Fr. Ray Corbin's photo in the WNY Catholic. He sure does look like "the boy next door."
WHO PAID

AOL

#29885 Dec 14, 2009
Who footed the bill for Quinlivan's retreat in Ars, France?

Is Mike Burczynski being paid by the parish while he is being paid to be a chaplain on the cruise ship? That is double dipping. Besides that two week stint (sort of) on the cruise ship, how much other vacation does he take?
Picture

AOL

#29886 Dec 14, 2009
The Dunkirk Connection wrote:
I saw Fr. Ray Corbin's photo in the WNY Catholic. He sure does look like "the boy next door."
The one he had on facebook was hotter. He had on a wifebeater tee-shirt and was lying on the sand.
Benedict XVI

AOL

#29887 Dec 14, 2009
Benedict XVI - Ratzinger: God's Rottweiler
Paris Arrow
Well, well, Benedict XVI has been given all the chances (while he is still alive) to be a little bit different from John Paul II, but, unfortunately he fails to take the opportunity to repent and change his ways. He and his hypocritical apologies about priest pedophilia are like the little boy who cried “Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! In the end, no one believed him. And now, at the wake of the Irish revelations of the John Paul II Pedophile Priests Army www.jp2army.blogspot.com , Benedict XVI is crying Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Again.
Most Catholics are outraged by Benedict‘s bland reaction to the Irish priest pedophilia scandal, but, it should not surprise us Catholics any longer. Benedict XVI directly led the cover-up of the John Paul II Pedophile Priests Army. He is a criminal who aided and abetted the thousands of Catholic pedophile priests and he will never change. He should be sitting in jail instead of the Chair of Peter.
You cannot teach old dogs new tricks. And God’s Rottweiler, Benedict XVI is an old dog with old tricks – he’ll go on supressing the John Paul II Pedophile Priests Army like "Dust in the Wind" unto his papal grave. He’ll keep on acting as the Supreme Pontiff, carrying out his pompous daily papal show at the Vatican, dealing with royalties, world leaders and wealthy investors for the sake of the Vatican Bank. But now, Italy’s government is now investigating the Vatican bank for money-laundering. Benedict XVI’s papacy will be marked by the moral scandal of the John Paul II Pedophile Priests Army and the financial scandal of the Vatican Bank. These are the two scandals that dwell in his ugly racoon eyes.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#29888 Dec 14, 2009
WHO PAID wrote:
Who footed the bill for Quinlivan's retreat in Ars, France?
Is Mike Burczynski being paid by the parish while he is being paid to be a chaplain on the cruise ship? That is double dipping. Besides that two week stint (sort of) on the cruise ship, how much other vacation does he take?
I wonder if PhD. sips champagne on the cruise ship - toasting his good fortune of being the only church in NF not having to merge with anyone. His kingdom is intact. I also understand the pastor from DM does the early morning Mass at St. Mary's on Sunday and now Msgr. Ducette will be doing the Mon. and Tuesday 12:10 p.m. Masses. Ph.D. needs more time to cruise and less time at the parish. Na zdrowie!
East Side Reporter

AOL

#29889 Dec 14, 2009
Anyone hear Fr Ted doing the radio mass on sunday? His polish is polish...much better than Grosz...they had a gathering for him at st stans...wonder how that went....it will be interesting to see what the mass schedule will look like after the first of the year at the three churches....
thought_police

Sydney, Australia

#29890 Dec 15, 2009
9/11 was an inside job.There were no planes.Watch 911 Taboo,Theory of Ghostplane,South Tower Anomalies III and other truth classics.
Anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#29891 Dec 15, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if PhD. sips champagne on the cruise ship - toasting his good fortune of being the only church in NF not having to merge with anyone. His kingdom is intact. I also understand the pastor from DM does the early morning Mass at St. Mary's on Sunday and now Msgr. Ducette will be doing the Mon. and Tuesday 12:10 p.m. Masses. Ph.D. needs more time to cruise and less time at the parish. Na zdrowie!
PHD is PHlazy!
Tag Sale Look

AOL

#29892 Dec 15, 2009
East Side Reporter wrote:
Anyone hear Fr Ted doing the radio mass on sunday? His polish is polish...much better than Grosz...they had a gathering for him at st stans...wonder how that went....it will be interesting to see what the mass schedule will look like after the first of the year at the three churches....
Hope he puts away some of the CRAP that Grosz had strewn around the church. Put away all those plants and gold plant containers, take the spotlights off the floor in front of the altar, put the stoles in the stole drawer and stop using them for decorations, and give all those damn plastic pillars back to the funeral home!
Anonymous

United States

#29893 Dec 15, 2009
Troll Alert!!
DM Observer

Buffalo, NY

#29894 Dec 15, 2009
No Christmas decoration this year at DM? Wreaths on the doors of all the closed churches. Divine Mercy on the Niagara (former Holy Trinity) has a wreath on every door, including the rectory -- very nice. Maybe some garland on the automatic gate - might be a nice touch.

Suggestion: if DM is going to put the manger on the roof again this year, they need to anchor it down. Remember last year? Not a pretty sight. Mary was hanging upside down from the roof, St. Joseph was rolling down Niagara St.

So....unless some decorations go up soon, looks like DM is getting rid of yet ANOTHER tradition - no Christmas decorations.(I don't think Christmas decorations are a (gulp) POLISH TRADITION.)
Heywood Jablowme

Rochester, NY

#29895 Dec 15, 2009
I just want to add another stupid comment to this thread, count this as useless post #28,437.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#29896 Dec 15, 2009
DM Observer wrote:
No Christmas decoration this year at DM? Wreaths on the doors of all the closed churches. Divine Mercy on the Niagara (former Holy Trinity) has a wreath on every door, including the rectory -- very nice. Maybe some garland on the automatic gate - might be a nice touch.
Suggestion: if DM is going to put the manger on the roof again this year, they need to anchor it down. Remember last year? Not a pretty sight. Mary was hanging upside down from the roof, St. Joseph was rolling down Niagara St.
So....unless some decorations go up soon, looks like DM is getting rid of yet ANOTHER tradition - no Christmas decorations.(I don't think Christmas decorations are a (gulp) POLISH TRADITION.)
Catholic churches don't put up Christmas Decorations until after the 4th Sunday of Advent. It's not a Mall. DUPA
anonymous

Lockport, NY

#29897 Dec 15, 2009
I AGREE WITH YOU 100%
I don't believe that there are many gay priests out there. I believe there are many more priests with sex issues, such as pedophiles, and womanizers and priests that have other problems such as alcohol,drugs and gambling.
When a priest is caught for such crimes, it is not only a criminal act but also against the very thing that they have taken a vow for. THey are a man of the cloth and a servant to the Lord. Yes, they make mistakes but it is the higher ups that HIDE the crime and try to make everything better by keeping it quiet.
These horrific acts should be brought to the law agencies immediately and dealth with under the laws... The church can take away their title of priest but the church should not be allowed to be the judge and jury. The law is the law.
If the Catholic Church allowed
anonymous

Lockport, NY

#29898 Dec 15, 2009
cont: If the Catholic Church allowed the priests to be married, SOME of the issues would be taken care of. Those priests would have a better grasp on family issues such as dealing with spouse, spouse's family,children,schooling etc.

But a pedophile or rapist, will be that, even if that person is a doctor,teacher,lawyer or priest. Just so happens that the church has hidden the crimes of the priests and caused terrible harm to children and families.
anonymous

Lockport, NY

#29899 Dec 15, 2009
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic churches don't put up Christmas Decorations until after the 4th Sunday of Advent. It's not a Mall. DUPA
ummm, 4th Sunday of Advent Dec. 20th this year...The decorations are up alreay in most Catholic Churches...who is the Dupa?? HAHAHAHA
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#29900 Dec 16, 2009
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
ummm, 4th Sunday of Advent Dec. 20th this year...The decorations are up alreay in most Catholic Churches...who is the Dupa?? HAHAHAHA
They are just making sure there's something else to criticize here -- keeps things going. If there weren't anything to complain about there would be no posts at all.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#29901 Dec 16, 2009
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
No, most churches are decorated by now. I think that the clique is getting weary of the "price of glory". He went to often to the well and now the initial enthusiasm is slipping away. T

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buffalo = Detroit East 42 min Buck Rohde 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Enya 19,893
News Ask Billboard: The Definitive List of Hit Fifth... 9 hr Lonesome Cowboy 2
It's Always Blacks Protesting 21 hr Segregate 18
Will the Black Population Ever Decrease in Buff... 21 hr Segregate 5
All Liberals Are Sociopaths (Jun '13) 22 hr Ibid 142
My local mosque smells real bad Tue Abdullah McCarthy 3
More from around the web

Buffalo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]