Yes

No

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Life Coach

AOL

#1 Aug 28, 2009
At the funeral, they interviewed some volunteer fire "chief" who sounded somewhat retarded.

I noticed he was sporting a goatee (Van Dyke Beard actually). REAL firemen can't have beards because they need a proper seal for their air masks.

But VOLUNTEER firemen stay outside and "surround and drown"
tbird19482

AOL

#2 Aug 28, 2009
Life Coach wrote:
At the funeral, they interviewed some volunteer fire "chief" who sounded somewhat retarded.
I noticed he was sporting a goatee (Van Dyke Beard actually). REAL firemen can't have beards because they need a proper seal for their air masks.
Then why life do some of the firefighters from the Buffalo fire dept have full beards? Don't say they don't I know some . so again you don't know what your talking about.

Have a good nite, p.S. go look up your "facts" before you open your mouth.
tbird19482

AOL

#5 Aug 28, 2009
Life Coach wrote:
And one more thing life, Seeing that you have never been a firefighter I take it that you have never had a Scott air pack on in your life. And have never been trained in the use of one, Well sir I have and I have used them many many times over the 20 years I WAS a volunteer firefighter , and I have had a full [ but trimed ] beard for over 40 years ,

See Life if you wear a beard you have to keep it short[ 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch long] and you will have no problem wearing a Scott air pack.

So again life before you open your mouth maybe you should learn something about the subject,

Have a good nite
Life Coach

AOL

#7 Aug 28, 2009
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>And one more thing life, Seeing that you have never been a firefighter I take it that you have never had a Scott air pack on in your life. And have never been trained in the use of one, Well sir I have and I have used them many many times over the 20 years I WAS a volunteer firefighter , and I have had a full [ but trimed ] beard for over 40 years ,
See Life if you wear a beard you have to keep it short[ 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch long] and you will have no problem wearing a Scott air pack.
So again life before you open your mouth maybe you should learn something about the subject,
Have a good nite
As I have stated previously i the thread you had deleted, my father was a PROFESSIONAL fire fighter. After he retired in 1955, he went to work for the "fire department" at Bell Aeorapace (AKA "Bell Aircraft") in Wheatfield NY.

I rember that back in the 60's he brought home some empty boxes that we could use for storage. Those boxes said "Scott Air Pack". I asked him about what Scott Air Packs were and he told me

When he retired from his second career at Bell AreoSpace IN 1971, he grew a goatee. He explained that he was never able to grow any substantial facial hair when he was a working fireman because he could not get a proper seal on his Scott Air Pack. We used to to affectionaly call him "The Colonel" after Colonlel Sanders because of that goatee.

Maybe I have never had a reason to use a Scott Air Pack, but I know about them
Life Coach

AOL

#8 Aug 28, 2009
My father was a PROFESSIONAL FIREMAN. Volunteer firemen made him SICK because they were pretenders and asonists

He never bragged about his fireman days, but I aksed hin if he was ever injued in a fire. He told me he broke his leg when a floor gave way in a burning builing, but he was rescued and he lived. he never dwelled on it.

He was a REAL fireman

He was a PROFESSIONAL

He taught me that you volunteers were a joke
tbird19482

AOL

#9 Aug 28, 2009
Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have stated previously i the thread you had deleted, my father was a PROFESSIONAL fire fighter. After he retired in 1955, he went to work for the "fire department" at Bell Aeorapace (AKA "Bell Aircraft") in Wheatfield NY.
I rember that back in the 60's he brought home some empty boxes that we could use for storage. Those boxes said "Scott Air Pack". I asked him about what Scott Air Packs were and he told me
When he retired from his second career at Bell AreoSpace IN 1971, he grew a goatee. He explained that he was never able to grow any substantial facial hair when he was a working fireman because he could not get a proper seal on his Scott Air Pack. We used to to affectionaly call him "The Colonel" after Colonlel Sanders because of that goatee.
As I said you have never used one or had one on then you wouldn't know a thing about them. I have worn them many many times and as long as you keep your beard short they will work just fine , I have worn them in the navy, and in many house fires and never had a problem as long as they are put on correctly.

Have a good nite.
tbird19482

AOL

#10 Aug 28, 2009
Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
Life now your father retired from the fire dept at bell in 1955, How come you told us on the two firefighters thread that he retired from the BPD?

Well what is it life the BPD or the Bell firedept?

Come on what lie do you want us to believe?

Have a good nite,
tbird19482

AOL

#11 Aug 28, 2009
Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S. LIFE I had nothing to do with the other thread being taken off here.
Life Coach

AOL

#12 Aug 28, 2009
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>As I said you have never used one or had one on then you wouldn't know a thing about them. I have worn them many many times and as long as you keep your beard short they will work just fine , I have worn them in the navy, and in many house fires and never had a problem as long as they are put on correctly.
Have a good nite.
Where were you atationed in the Navy?

I had navy firefighter training at Oceana and Fentress

(Ha Ha...I have released some secrets)
Life Coach

AOL

#13 Aug 28, 2009
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>Life now your father retired from the fire dept at bell in 1955, How come you told us on the two firefighters thread that he retired from the BPD?
Well what is it life the BPD or the Bell firedept?
Come on what lie do you want us to believe?
Have a good nite,
He retired from BPD in 1955. He retired fron Bell in 1971

He is dead now.

If he were alive, he would be 103 years old
country man

Barnesville, OH

#15 Aug 29, 2009
Let this poll die. We should not gratify LC by responding to or participating in his polls and rants. Let him carry on his own conversations.
Life Coach

AOL

#16 Aug 29, 2009
MartyLutherKingjr wrote:
the goatee also serves as a natural bib to catch the spilled sperm of fellow vollies.
Or the volunteer fire cadets

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/suffolk-va/T3...
tbird19482

AOL

#19 Aug 29, 2009
Life Coach wrote:
My father was a PROFESSIONAL FIREMAN. Volunteer firemen made him SICK because they were pretenders and asonists
He never bragged about his fireman days, but I aksed hin if he was ever injued in a fire. He told me he broke his leg when a floor gave way in a burning builing, but he was rescued and he lived. he never dwelled on it.
He was a REAL fireman
He was a PROFESSIONAL
He taught me that you volunteers were a joke
Life, I think I have this thing you have with hating volunteer firefighters figured out.

First Daddy was a flat foot beat cop for 30 years [ nothing wrong with that, the beat cop was a very respected job back in the 30's, 40's, and 50's]
Then in 1955 he retired and got a job at bell air. being a "paid firemen" Lets see in most of the large plants [execpt the very large steel plants ] they had 1 or 2 "paid" firemen that drove around in their little miniature " fire trucks" [a one man cart]
He made sure that the fire extinguishers were kept full, the hoses were in good shape, and if there was a real fire he called in the fire brigade to put it out[ the electricians, machine repairmen and other repair people that were trained to fight fires] And if it got too big he would run to the phone and call the Pro "paid firefighters from the airport, or the Cheektowaga volunteer fire depts.

So now we understand why he hated Volunteer firefighters , They got to put out fires and save lives while he had to stand around and watch them,
Not to say anything about him being too old to be a real paid "paid firefighter" He could only be a wannabe paid firefighter.

So do I have it now, Life?
Life Coach

AOL

#20 Aug 29, 2009
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>Life, I think I have this thing you have with hating volunteer firefighters figured out.
First Daddy was a flat foot beat cop for 30 years [ nothing wrong with that, the beat cop was a very respected job back in the 30's, 40's, and 50's]
Then in 1955 he retired and got a job at bell air. being a "paid firemen" Lets see in most of the large plants [execpt the very large steel plants ] they had 1 or 2 "paid" firemen that drove around in their little miniature " fire trucks" [a one man cart]
He made sure that the fire extinguishers were kept full, the hoses were in good shape, and if there was a real fire he called in the fire brigade to put it out[ the electricians, machine repairmen and other repair people that were trained to fight fires] And if it got too big he would run to the phone and call the Pro "paid firefighters from the airport, or the Cheektowaga volunteer fire depts.
So now we understand why he hated Volunteer firefighters , They got to put out fires and save lives while he had to stand around and watch them,
Not to say anything about him being too old to be a real paid "paid firefighter" He could only be a wannabe paid firefighter.
So do I have it now, Life?
No, he was never a cop. He briefly worked at the post office before he joined the BFD. His younger brother also became a firemen. I think just about all the Irishmen in South Buffalo were either cops or firemen in those days.

My father would be the first to admit that his job at Bell was a joke. They did, however have at least 4 "firemen" on duty each shift. The job paid good union wages. Actually they really did have two full sized fire trucks.

When I was about 9 or 10, my father brought my brother and I to work with him on a quiet Sunday at the Bell Wheatfield plant (near the NF Airport). We were hoping to see out father "in action", putting out some fires.

All we saw him do at Bell was hang out in an office with the other "firemen" and security guards, telling jokes and drinking coffee.

After a few boring hours of this, I asked him, "Pop, are there going to be any fires". He said, "I sure hope not". I then innocently asked him why he got paid to sit around and drink coffee. He replied "I GET PAID FOR WHAT I KNOW-NOT FOR WHAT I DO", and everyone laughed.

My father fought his share of real fires with the BFD, and he was in no hurry to fight anymore, even if it was a garbage can fire set by a volly.

“The real Robert_Laity”

Since: Jul 09

Swift Water,NY

#23 Aug 29, 2009
Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he was never a cop. He briefly worked at the post office before he joined the BFD. His younger brother also became a firemen. I think just about all the Irishmen in South Buffalo were either cops or firemen in those days.
My father would be the first to admit that his job at Bell was a joke. They did, however have at least 4 "firemen" on duty each shift. The job paid good union wages. Actually they really did have two full sized fire trucks.
When I was about 9 or 10, my father brought my brother and I to work with him on a quiet Sunday at the Bell Wheatfield plant (near the NF Airport). We were hoping to see out father "in action", putting out some fires.
All we saw him do at Bell was hang out in an office with the other "firemen" and security guards, telling jokes and drinking coffee.
After a few boring hours of this, I asked him, "Pop, are there going to be any fires". He said, "I sure hope not". I then innocently asked him why he got paid to sit around and drink coffee. He replied "I GET PAID FOR WHAT I KNOW-NOT FOR WHAT I DO", and everyone laughed.
My father fought his share of real fires with the BFD, and he was in no hurry to fight anymore, even if it was a garbage can fire set by a volly.
Wow. i don't know why...but i find your post kind of funny. im going to go jerk off now.
tbird19482

AOL

#24 Aug 29, 2009
Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
I see posts #3 and 4 have been removed , I was sure in one of them you said he worked for the BPD, must have been a typo, sorry,

I am sure if he was alive or if we talked to anybody that works out there they have had to have had some help from the Wheatfield vol. fire dept at one time or another.

And I unlike you sir have nothing but the highest respect for anybody that goes out there and puts their life on the line , getting paid for it or not.

May your father rest in peace and God bless.
tbird19482

AOL

#25 Aug 29, 2009
Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
He retired from BPD in 1955. He retired fron Bell in 1971
He is dead now.
If he were alive, he would be 103 years old
Life I found where I got that BPD from,[ read your post above]

Anyway I would like you to take sometime and do some reading for me one article is on " theageofautism.com " website , Chris Mooney[of the L.A. times] v.s. Ginger taylor [ M.S. in clinical counseling from John Hopkins University]

Also go to Adventures in autism.com and read the letter from Ginger Taylor to Chris mooney[ this will help you understand why the CDC and others keep saying its not the vaccines and alot of reg. people are saying to take another look at it from another view point.

Thank you and good nite
Life Coach

AOL

#26 Aug 29, 2009
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>I see posts #3 and 4 have been removed , I was sure in one of them you said he worked for the BPD, must have been a typo, sorry,
I am sure if he was alive or if we talked to anybody that works out there they have had to have had some help from the Wheatfield vol. fire dept at one time or another.
And I unlike you sir have nothing but the highest respect for anybody that goes out there and puts their life on the line , getting paid for it or not.
May your father rest in peace and God bless.
Like I had explained in the other post (which you had deleted), about half of the Bell "Fire Department" were retired BFD and NFD guys. The other half were hired from the ranks of the surrounding volunteer fire departments.

In the 17 years my father worked for Bell, I dont think they had anything more serious than a trash can or dumpster fire.

As much as possible, the retired paid guys tried to avoid rotating with the volunteer guys because the volunteer guys wanted to sit around and tell fake war stories about their firefighting adventures. The retired paid guys also viewed the volunteers as incompetent.

My father did mention that most of the small fires that did occur happened when the shifts were covered by volunteers only. The retired paid guys suspected the volunteers had set those fires for excitement
tbird19482

AOL

#27 Aug 29, 2009
Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I had explained in the other post (which you had deleted), about half of the Bell "Fire Department" were retired BFD and NFD guys. The other half were hired from the ranks of the surrounding volunteer fire departments.
In the 17 years my father worked for Bell, I dont think they had anything more serious than a trash can or dumpster fire.
As much as possible, the retired paid guys tried to avoid rotating with the volunteer guys because the volunteer guys wanted to sit around and tell fake war stories about their firefighting adventures. The retired paid guys also viewed the volunteers as incompetent.
My father did mention that most of the small fires that did occur happened when the shifts were covered by volunteers only. The retired paid guys suspected the volunteers had set those fires for excitement
I don't know what makes you think I can delete anything, for your info I can say for a fact it was not me and never has been,[ I don't have any idea how to get anything deleted.]

And as I said in my last post you read what you wrote and I replied to you will see the BPD.

And as I asked please atleast go to " Adventures in autism" and read that letter and then maybe you will understand more about why we keep saying that the Mercury in the shots could be harmful.

thanks and have a good nite.
Gunner

Buffalo, NY

#28 Aug 30, 2009
To Tbird and Lifecouch. I can tell by your threads that niether one of you was ever a firefighter cause niether one knows what your talking about. The rule about the beards pertains to interior firefighters only. Exterors are allowed the beards. Also " 85% " of firefighters in the US are volunteers So before you talk, do the WALK

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All Liberals Are Sociopaths (Jun '13) 3 min Ibid 140
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Chuck 19,884
News Signs of Success (May '08) 8 hr credibility 34
News Buffalo NAACP: Stop naming things after Millard... Sat They 22
Frisbee Golf Course Ruining Chestnut Ridge Park (Dec '11) Sat djtpehnes 31
Review: TIM Hortons Ecmc Hospital Fri Buck Rohde 5
News Heroin Use A "Growing Epidemic" In WNY (Mar '11) Fri bbc 32
More from around the web

Buffalo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]