Olean approves restrictions on sex of...

Olean approves restrictions on sex offenders

There are 20 comments on the WIVB Buffalo story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Olean approves restrictions on sex offenders. In it, WIVB Buffalo reports that:

The city council unanimously passed a law Tuesday night that sets up a local sex offender registry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB Buffalo.

Bob Marley

Riverside, MI

#1 Sep 24, 2008
Go big "O"
Silver Stag

Buffalo, NY

#2 Sep 24, 2008
It's about time!
victorine collins

Lowville, NY

#3 Sep 24, 2008
Thank god!!! It is about time.. there are way too many sex offenders in olean anyways... convicted or not we need to do everything possible to keep our children safe for the bad paople out there....
victorine collins

Lowville, NY

#4 Sep 24, 2008
thank god!!! we need all the help we can get to protect our children & olean has many sex offenders registered or not... we need this soooo much.
Alexis Galmer

Buffalo, NY

#5 Sep 25, 2008
I am very very happy with that!! I live a block away from our local middle school and down the street from a park.....and i have a sex offender who lives across the street. I just wish this would have came about sooner,but i am vey happy with this!!
Rick

United States

#6 Aug 29, 2009
We just need real police in Olean to inforce the laws. But they drive right girls kissing adult guys. Look at them parked near Country fair on Wayne chatting up young girls at least once a week. Just who is the perverts in Olean????
carey

Brampton, Canada

#7 Aug 29, 2009
Ok, WOW do i find this interesting. so did mary jane nevins finally give up them sick preists she has been covering up for? I mean if Oleans not putting up with regular sex offenders anymore, than priests and police shouldnt be doing it either. gross.
Karlo

Fishers, NY

#8 Aug 30, 2009
Those people are sick and need help. Most of them are non-violent, but there are too many of them to lock up. So, what do we do...let them walk the streets among us, as long as they register, jump through the hoops and follow the rules. I was amazed when I first checked out the sex offender registry online...there were so many, and I actually knew or had known some of them over the years and I never knew they had done anything like that. Many of the ones that are convicted of sexual assault or rape of a teenage girl, have the same story..."she was promiscuous and I didn't know she was that young". "She practically raped me"...What ever, yes I too would like to nail their balls to a tree douse it with gasoline and give them a knife to cut themselves free, but this is America...
Rick

United States

#9 Aug 30, 2009
There are people who sell drugs and alcohol to young teens with the intent of getting in their pants. I have called the police before and its like they don't care. So I call the State Police now. Its the only way to see the perverts get busted. Their is houses on south 2nd where sex parties take place. Both adults and teens are there. I can't be the only one seeing this.
getreal

United States

#10 Dec 13, 2009
SOME PARENTS DON'T TEACH THE BIRDS AND BEES TO THEIR CHILDREN -WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH THEM.I ALMOST GOT CAUGHT BEFORe I WAS 18-MY mOM FINALLY TOLD ME SO i WOULD NOT GET PREGNANT TOO EARLY AND RUIN MY LIFE. wHAT A CROCK OF SHI-,MEN AND WOMEN NEED TO GROW UP AFTER 30.tHERE IS PLENTY TIME TO MAKE BABYS-AFTER YOU GET YOUR EDUCATION.
gump

Auburn, ME

#11 Dec 16, 2009
getreal wrote:
SOME PARENTS DON'T TEACH THE BIRDS AND BEES TO THEIR CHILDREN -WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH THEM.I ALMOST GOT CAUGHT BEFORe I WAS 18-MY mOM FINALLY TOLD ME SO i WOULD NOT GET PREGNANT TOO EARLY AND RUIN MY LIFE. wHAT A CROCK OF SHI-,MEN AND WOMEN NEED TO GROW UP AFTER 30.tHERE IS PLENTY TIME TO MAKE BABYS-AFTER YOU GET YOUR EDUCATION.
BIRDS & BEE,S ??? get real thats old maids language. Call it what it is SEX EDUCATION. Sex offenders need to be sterlized or casterated for men & uterus sewed for women

Since: Nov 09

New Hartford, NY

#12 Dec 16, 2009
yes i agree the police in olean dont care about the safey of children thank god some 1 does tho im glad they have done this but it should of been done sooner for the saftey of our children there are just too many pedofiles in this small town .they should all be put in there island and left there
ABUSED GIRL

Buffalo, NY

#13 Jan 16, 2010
I was abused as a child and I thought my life was over,my mother took the mans side waited for him to get out of prison and took him back,she loved him more than me I guess.Perverts need to be locked up for life not 90 days or even a few years I mean life cause once they get ahold of a child a grown up will never do for their sick sexual needs.
Grandviewguy

Livonia Center, NY

#14 Jan 25, 2010
ABUSED GIRL wrote:
I was abused as a child and I thought my life was over,my mother took the mans side waited for him to get out of prison and took him back,she loved him more than me I guess.Perverts need to be locked up for life not 90 days or even a few years I mean life cause once they get ahold of a child a grown up will never do for their sick sexual needs.
You are NOT an abused girl so stop trying to be one to make a point! Also, please explain your last sentence because it sounds like it was written by a 3 year old.
Grandviewguy

Livonia Center, NY

#15 Jan 25, 2010
gump wrote:
<quoted text>BIRDS & BEE,S ??? get real thats old maids language. Call it what it is SEX EDUCATION. Sex offenders need to be sterlized or casterated for men & uterus sewed for women
geeez, do you still put women on their periods in the woodshed until their clean too??......how many granny dresses do you own?
Grandviewguy

Livonia Center, NY

#16 Jan 25, 2010
y'all should stop looking for excuses and try raising your kids by paying attention to them and where they are and what they do. there has always been predators and perverts in our world, but only in the "immediate gratification" world we live in today demands a solution for it's own short comings. teach your kids it is NOT okay to be on a webcam on the internet when they are 12-13 years old....it is NOT okay to dress like a hooker when they go to the mall..........it is NOT okay to be on the street at 1 am.....do a few of those things and you won't need to worry about someone abusing them. WAH WAH WAH.......cry the blues......my family is threatend......WAH WAH WAH...what about my BABY......please.....do your job as a parent!!!
kdce4281

Poland, ME

#17 Feb 8, 2010
How dare you reply this young girl was never abused. I was also sexually abused as a child, and let me tell you the person(s) responsible should be locked up forever and the key thrown in the ocean! Your response and reaction makes me wonder... are you a sex offender? Otherwise get a life!
Pch

Johnson City, NY

#18 Feb 14, 2010
I had 2 men try to abuse me. One was a neighbor, the other a customer on my paper route. They were never arrested. Think of all of the perverts who have not been caught!!!
stacy silvis

Olean, NY

#19 Jan 19, 2013
I agree for the safety of the kids I have two children but my husband has to be on this because when we were younger he was charged with sexual misconduct because we were six years apart we have been together for twelve years married for three with two kids sometimes ppl that don't belong on this are and now we have to limit where we can live he is a great father and husband and hard worker we have a good family. Now because we loved each other are children have to suffer your telling me no one out there has made a teenage mastake and if you think he deserves this you can look at my two boys and tell them it was a crime to be here. My older son is awesome at sports and some day he will put this town on the map and why when all they did was say he was a mastake and treat his father like a criminal
Joan

Buffalo, NY

#20 Jul 27, 2014
Reading all the posts it amazes me the ignorant s of the people, read all the info and get educated before you place judgement. Going after anyone with a less then a level 3 risk or higher, yes the law doesn't tell you or list the levels above 3. The about the risk in involved with a level 2 ever repeating their crime. Read, learn then judge!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr White man 21,535
News Two Bodies Found In Southern Tier Saturday 11 hr Thats right 23
News Want to be in a Movie? (Oct '07) Wed Pete 9
Al Sharpton, Boffalos next mayor Wed Skinny Naab 141
Is Heather Waldman Hot or Not? (Apr '17) Tue Buck Rohde 30
Why are so many black males undercover gay Apr 24 Rosina 3
Belmont management apartments (Oct '17) Apr 23 Curious 9

Buffalo Jobs

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages